[ENG] Premiership 2012/2013 (139 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2010
@Fred

Hazard is overrated because he's almost always invisible in big matches. Were has he been in the CL in the last two years? Completely inconspicuous.

Yeah he tore Ligue 1 apart. Big deal, since that league sucks dicks.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
@Fred

Hazard is overrated because he's almost always invisible in big matches. Were has he been in the CL in the last two years? Completely inconspicuous.

Yeah he tore Ligue 1 apart. Big deal, since that league sucks dicks.
You do know Hazard isn't 31 right?

Let me remind you of a very similar case. How long did it take C.Ronaldo to start performing in the CL, how long did it take for him to start scoring there? When did he score his first goal?

I don't understand how you guys can pass judgement so fast on a 21 year old player that has been voted player of the year in France for two consecutive years already, he still has a lot of time to prove himself in the EPL and CL. I believe he's earned the right to be given that chance. Samir Nasri is another example, in his first season with us he was absolutely shambolic, and he came at a similar age to Hazard. Its natural for a player no matter how talented he is, to struggle in a new league, new surroundings, tougher opposition etc. Yet despite that, Hazard was one of Chelsea's best players at the start of the season, he had good games against the likes of Arsenal, United and Newcastle. Its true that he's been shit for a couple of months now, but do you really expect him to be the one to pick Chelsea up in his first ever season in a new league and all.

I think you're being extremely unfair and impatient on a young player that has enough talent to warrant just a little patience.

May 22, 2007
You do know Hazard isn't 31 right?

Let me remind you of a very similar case. How long did it take C.Ronaldo to start performing in the CL, how long did it take for him to start scoring there? When did he score his first goal?
How long did it take Zidane to start performing near his best at Juve? And Nedvěd?

I don't understand how you guys can pass judgement so fast on a 21 year old player that has been voted player of the year in France for two consecutive years already, he still has a lot of time to prove himself in the EPL and CL. I believe he's earned the right to be given that chance. Samir Nasri is another example, in his first season with us he was absolutely shambolic, and he came at a similar age to Hazard. Its natural for a player no matter how talented he is, to struggle in a new league, new surroundings, tougher opposition etc. Yet despite that, Hazard was one of Chelsea's best players at the start of the season, he had good games against the likes of Arsenal, United and Newcastle. Its true that he's been shit for a couple of months now, but do you really expect him to be the one to pick Chelsea up in his first ever season in a new league and all.

I think you're being extremely unfair and impatient on a young player that has enough talent to warrant just a little patience.
It looks like one of them is trying to wind you up, other than that it is fair to give him patience obviously, showed enough at Lille to earn it.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
How long did it take Zidane to start performing near his best at Juve? And Nedvěd?

It looks like one of them is trying to wind you up, other than that it is fair to give him patience obviously, showed enough at Lille to earn it.
Alen is a wind up I know :D

However what motivated me to actually be serious and write this long arse post is Treq sharing a similar opinion, i'd like to think the latter is actually serious :p

Jul 1, 2010
I think he's a mentally weak overhyped player, that's all.

He'll probably end up being a very good player but the "New Zidane" hype he received in the last few years was just ridiculous.

People used to say that he's better than Gotze, well I'm sorry but Gotze is much better and it's not even close.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
so, let me get this straight - people are laughing at Chelsea for losing a game Juve hasn't played for more than 15 years now and Arsenal will never get to play? :)

Corinthians is a very good team. well organized and there is no surprise they managed to beat their European counterparts. Congrats to Timao for their first, proper, CWC title.
Word. People are acting like Corinthians was just assembled from a street team to be a punching bag for Chelsea. :andyandbarcelona:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
lol journalists discovered Rafa's tactical papers from the corinthians game in the bin, the shit that was on it was hilarious such as, mark your man then in possession push out :lol: and people say he is a pays great attention to tactics

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Because what was found must have been everything Benitez had to say about the game?

Anyway:

CHELSEA'S SECRET IS OUT – RAFA FRANTIC WITH WORRY THAT OTHER TEAMS WILL NOW START TRYING TO DEFEND CORNERS

Unless he was looking for a specific souvenir like one of Gary Cahill's discarded corn plasters or the strips of masking tape that once held up socks belonging to David Luiz, the Fiver isn't quite sure what the Brazilian hack who went sifting through the disgusting Club World Cup final detritus of Chelsea's dressing room on Sunday was actually hoping to find. Whatever he was after, the industrious bin-dipper's discovery that at least one of the world's top football teams goes into matches armed with plans for what to do when they are taking or defending corners seems to have got certain sections of the British media very, very excited indeed.

"Revealed: Rafa's Chelsea secrets … tactics sheets from Club World Cup final found discarded in dressing room (and can they now help [Dirty] Leeds pull off a cup shock?)" roared the headline on one website, after Brazilian website Globoesporte published sensational proof, in the form of Rafa Benítez's discarded coaching notes, that contrary to what you might think from watching Reading get beaten week in and week out, not all Premier League football teams are completely winging it.

But considering the Chelsea tactics in question were all employed during a football match that was shown live on television a couple of days ago, the Fiver isn't quite sure if the term "secrets" is an entirely accurate description. If Neil Warnock wants to see how the Club World Cup final losers and Big Cup also-rans defend corners ahead of his side's Milk Cup match against them tomorrow night, he only has to watch a replay of Sunday's game. But as that's an ordeal we wouldn't wish upon anyone – ev

en the famously amiable Dirty Leeds manager – here in bullet-point form is some of the top-secret intelligence gathered by inquiry:

When Chelsea are awarded a corner kick …

• Whoever is taking it is advised to use arm-signals to give their team-mates a hint as to where the ball is going to be kicked: into the opposite stand or the chest of the first defender.

• Those big burly fellows don't lumber up from the back for fun, you know?

• Fernando Torres and Victor Moses will drag defenders left and right to make room for those big burly fellows who haven't lumbered up from the back for fun, you know?

• Don't bother trying to catch them unawares with a counter-attack – they're on to you. "BE AWARE OF THE COUNTER ATTACK" is written in red block capitals on Rafa's secret tactics sheets.

When Chelsea are defending a corner-kick …

• Ashley Cole will, if he remembers, wander out to stop you taking it short … unless he's on the phone to his Mr 15% at the time, in which case he might veer off course and crash into an advertising hoarding.

• Those big burly fellows aren't wrapping their arm around your waist because they fancy you, you know?

• David Luiz, Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill and Victor Moses will mark specific members of the opposition team (or try to put them off by balancing black circles on their heads – sorry, that bit isn't entirely clear).

• As soon as Chelsea clear the "first ball" they will run out and try to do a goal.

• This is THE COUNTER-ATTACK. Be aware of it.

So there you have it – some sensational, highly classified Chelsea secrets there: when they are defending corners they try to stop the other team from scoring and when they're not defending corners they try to score themselves. And apparently this is news. But pssst! The Fiver reckons if it's litter of a genuinely complex tactical bent you're after, the bins of the Britannia Stadium are the ones to inspect.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/dec/18/the-fiver-chelsea-tactics-rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 139)