[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Right of course he is.

I keep forgetting the top football scouts that exist on this site.

EDIT: Actually I can't be bothered with sarcasm today, you're an idiot.
:yawn: I'll never insult a girl. I don't need to be a top football scout to know that Ramsey is nothing special just another overrated english player like many other before him like Walcott, Lennon and the list goes on lady.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Nicole :D
------------------------------
Some people just love to be made fun of.
She just can't get enough.
More like he's still a young player coming back after a long-term injury playing in a mediocre team.
He's never been that good even before his injury. Anyone who watches him play instead of just listening to the hype can see that.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
He's never been that good even before his injury.
He was a very good young player before his injury.

I never understand why people try ripping at 18-20 year old players playing in the first time, what exactly do you except?

And considering how some players can easily improve 2-3x in a short space of time, especially young players - its stupid to claim a player will never be good.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
He was a very good young player before his injury.

I never understand why people try ripping at 18-20 year old players playing in the first time, what exactly do you except?

And considering how some players can easily improve 2-3x in a short space of time, especially young players - its stupid to claim a player will never be good.
Since when does not agreeing with the vast overhyping of a young player equate to ripping on him?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What exactly is wrong with Ramsay?
He isn't special at all. The kid obviously doesn't have enough technique to be playing the possession football Wenger wants his team to play, moreover he's not a strong or energetic player, he's not a box to box midfielder or a playmaking midfielder, he certainly isn't a tackler or a defensive midfielder. He's just an average player whose good at nothing really, i doubt he'll ever be good enough to start for a top team, the fact that he starts for us right now, only further reinforces that we've become an average team

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
He's a kid, that doesn't have the big future Wenger, and some of the Arsenal fans and media would have you believe. I've seen lots of kids at 20-21 that are so much better than Ramsey. Wilshere is a kid too, but he obviously has a future.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
He's a kid, that doesn't have the big future Wenger, and some of the Arsenal fans and media would have you believe. I've seen lots of kids at 20-21 that are so much better than Ramsey. Wilshere is a kid too, but he obviously has a future.
Apparently you know more than managers and coaches who have given him more responsiblity (captain for Wales for example).

I can see him being a great player in a few years, he just needs luck to stay injury free.

Being so critical of a 20 year old after a near year out is completely ridiculous, especially when that 18-23 age range is where you make your biggest improvements as players.

Jul 1, 2010
He isn't special at all. The kid obviously doesn't have enough technique to be playing the possession football Wenger wants his team to play, moreover he's not a strong or energetic player, he's not a box to box midfielder or a playmaking midfielder, he certainly isn't a tackler or a defensive midfielder. He's just an average player whose good at nothing really, i doubt he'll ever be good enough to start for a top team, the fact that he starts for us right now, only further reinforces that we've become an average team
The way you're describing him makes him look like a Marchisio 2.0

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
But Tevez reckons Aguero is already getting bored with learning the lingo of the Premier League.

He said: “Kun is studying English. I would say give him a week or 10 days more and he will give up. The first week he said: ‘I’ve got English today.’

“The second week he said the same but with a different expression on his face...and the third week he went off for a siesta instead.”
:lol: Summer of 2012 :klin:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Apparently you know more than managers and coaches who have given him more responsiblity (captain for Wales for example).

I can see him being a great player in a few years, he just needs luck to stay injury free.

Being so critical of a 20 year old after a near year out is completely ridiculous, especially when that 18-23 age range is where you make your biggest improvements as players.
So top coaches and scouts never get it wrong according to you?

Escalation of commitment can be detrimental here. The faster our coaching staff recognizes that we were wrong about his potential as a footballer the better for us. He can still improve of course, but even if we forget about his performances for a while, he really hasn't shown that much promise either.

The way you're describing him makes him look like a Marchisio 2.0
The only difference is Ramsey has Wenger who would always give him an opportunity even if he isn't ready or good enough, a manager who would put his development over the team winning trophies, so he's in a more advantageous position than Marchisio i guess.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The first thing I thought when I read this eating my breakfast this morning was 'mercenary'. There is no spark there, when you read Tevez's words. When you move to another country to work, especially as a footballer, you know you have to learn the language, adapt to the culture, the people, think of your family. These guys just think 'trophies and money'. When I think of players from the likes of John Charles up to players such as Gianluca Vialli, Gianfranco Zola, and some others playing today, you see the willingness to do these things. Of course they were handsomely paid for it and played with the premise of success, but the game has become so diluted with mega money and the requirement to buy success that players are becoming more robotic, cold and calculated. People like Fergie do well to infuse enthusiasm at their clubs but it seems to be creeping in more and more.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
The first thing I thought when I read this eating my breakfast this morning was 'mercenary'. There is no spark there, when you read Tevez's words. When you move to another country to work, especially as a footballer, you know you have to learn the language, adapt to the culture, the people, think of your family. These guys just think 'trophies and money'. When I think of players from the likes of John Charles up to players such as Gianluca Vialli, Gianfranco Zola, and some others playing today, you see the willingness to do these things. Of course they were handsomely paid for it and played with the premise of success, but the game has become so diluted with mega money and the requirement to buy success that players are becoming more robotic, cold and calculated. People like Fergie do well to infuse enthusiasm at their clubs but it seems to be creeping in more and more.
It's the SA culture Jay, their whole live revolves around a meal ticket out of the favella, the big move to Europe. They'll become even more stroppy once Brazil can pay comparable wages. Get ready for the days of the one season Brazilian wonder.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
So top coaches and scouts never get it wrong according to you?
"Getting it wrong" and "Not fufilling potential" are 2 very different things.

However, if I was going to take someone's word on a player, who would you trust top coaches/players or people on a forum who've never played football above amateur level.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Well if you're going to go by that logic. What are you doing here anyway? Surely you didn't think Ferguson, Mourinho and Ancelotti were posters on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)