[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Right decision.

Kompany is easily one of the top CB's in the World.

With Rio being so injury prone he's now the best defender in the Premier League without a doubt.

Before someone says Vidic, City for the have had the best defence in the league last year mainly due to Kompanys amazing performances.

I'd say after watching him over the past three years, in my eyes he's the best in the world.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
How does that discount Vidic?

For me Vidic is much better, then again I don't exactly rate Kompany at the same level as yourself.
It does not, but it shows how much of a stalwart Kompany is in City's defence and how he helps the keep clean sheets.

It's not only his ability in defence, his leadership skills he possesses which is something Vidic lacks.

Rio is United's best defender when fit by miles. This is something that most United season ticket holders admit, who see there team play live each week.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
No way is Kompany better than Vidic. Vidic is world class, absolutely amazing defender. Though i do rate Kompany very highly, and i would agree that he's one of the top defenders around.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
No way is Kompany better than Vidic. Vidic is world class, absolutely amazing defender. Though i do rate Kompany very highly, and i would agree that he's one of the top defenders around.
Ferdinand is better than Vidic.

Ferdinand is a World Class defender. He has everything.

I can't remember a game where Ferdinand was ever destroyed by an attacker, I've seen Vidic being toyed with at times(Torres springs to mind). Vidic when Ferdinand does not play looks shaky.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
It does not, but it shows how much of a stalwart Kompany is in City's defence and how he helps the keep clean sheets.

It's not only his ability in defence, his leadership skills he possesses which is something Vidic lacks.

Rio is United's best defender when fit by miles. This is something that most United season ticket holders admit, who see there team play live each week.
I think it also has to do with tactics, his role is more prominent and also perhaps slightly less difficult due to the Mancini's tactics.

Of course comparing two CBs, the brain and the brawn as it were, is essentially pointless Rio and Vidic aren't carbon copies of each other especially in their Role. It wouldn't surprise me given the season ticket holders I know. I really do not think Rio is better than Vidic, he might seem to be more important as the 'leader' but for me Vidic is the best.

Rio isn't as tough as Vidic and Vidic isn't as smart as Rio. Rio is definitely not all things at all times, he's a very good defender yes, but play Rio-Jones for a bit and Vidic's quality will become blatantly apparent.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
I think it also has to do with tactics, his role is more prominent and also perhaps slightly less difficult due to the Mancini's tactics.

Of course comparing two CBs, the brain and the brawn as it were, is essentially pointless Rio and Vidic aren't carbon copies of each other especially in their Role. It wouldn't surprise me given the season ticket holders I know. I really do not think Rio is better than Vidic, he might seem to be more important as the 'leader' but for me Vidic is the best.
Fair enough. I see Vidic as somewhat an upgraded Chiellini.

Where Ferdinand and Kompany are more elegant in a sense, more like a Nesta/Canna type defender. I have to admit I take a shine more to these type of defenders. So personal bias may be showing here.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Ferdinand is better than Vidic.

Ferdinand is a World Class defender. He has everything.

I can't remember a game where Ferdinand was ever destroyed by an attacker, I've seen Vidic being toyed with at times(Torres springs to mind). Vidic when Ferdinand does not play looks shaky.
You could make a case for Rio. He's just injured too much, thats his problem. I think he completes Vidic, he's a very good reader of the game, while Vidic is more rash and would always attack the ball. Rio does make Vidic look better i agree with that. I'm not sure he's been a better and more consistent performer than Vidic over the past couple of years though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)