[ENG] Premiership 2011/2012 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nedvěd

A world class team that finished in 3rd place in the Liga behind the world class Villareal just before Pep joined.

Even when you compare between Wenger and DM now, its not like Wenger has better players at his disposal. Especially in terms of depth, i'd much rather have Torres as my backup striker than Chamakh, i sure as hell would rather have Essien as my backup DM over Coquelin, Meireles is better than Ramsey, Kalou and Sturridge are much better backups than Benayoun. Bosingwa >> Jenkinson and D.Luiz >> Djourou, Squillachi and co.

Even in terms of starters, you have a better team.

Lampard >> Rosicky

Mata, Ramires >> Walcott and Gervinho

Terry > Vermaelen

Cahill >> Koscielny

A.Cole >>> Gibbs/Santos

Wenger has had an inferior squad to Chelsea's for some time. So if your going to bring up Pep having a very good squad, then you can say the same when you compare DM's achievements to Wenger;s
I agree about everything except Terry > Vermaelen. Terry around 2006 was almost the best defender in the world, 2005-2009 he was a superhuman, but now he's a shadow of his former self. I'd take Cahill over Terry now.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Pep is a great motivator I give you that, those players were obviously low on confidence and Pep gave them the push. Pep didn't buy much players when he got there, he just got rid of the rotten apples (Ronaldinho) and installed a winning mentality.

That doesn't mean he's better than Mourinho who's capable of doing the same and is superior when it comes to tactical preparation of games.

Pep isn't really good in transfers, which makes you assume that a) he doesn't know what his teams need or b) he can't judge players properly and according to his team's play.

Arsenal's squad is cack I know :D, ours is underachieving as fuck and it's too old now. of those you mentioned, Terry, Lampard and Cole have two seasons more, tops. Then they're gone. The fact that they're not able to maintain top form during the course of a whole season anymore goes without saying.

And you forgot Čech >> Chezny :stuckup:

Btw, how do you feel about feeling RVP? I think you should do it, not because I'm a Chelsea fan but because I think he won't be able to replicate this season he just had, is extremely injury prone and nearly 30.
I wouldn't do it, for one reason.

Wenger will not replace him properly.

You can bet on it, he's done it time and time again over the years. He always replaces departing players internally, and he'll do it again, he'll try to adapt instead of buying a replacement.

Our best bet is to keep him, as for him being injury prone, well he hasn't missed a single game due to injury last season, and was one of the fittest players in the Prem. There is a big possibility imo that his injury prone days are behind him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)