[ENG] Premiership 2010/2011 (10 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Nedvěd;3054213 said:
Reina? :scared: No thanks. Great shot stopped, great kicking but he is full of fuck ups. An improved version of Barthez.
That's a bit harsh.

He used to be quite error prone, but he's pretty solid now.

Nedvěd

That's a bit harsh.

He used to be quite error prone, but he's pretty solid now.
He's a top goalkeeper there's no denying about, and got some unreal reflexes, but is he's not as solid as the likes of Cech and Van Der Sar. And he's not the best in the air and his commanding isn't that great.
Reina is not a man to replace Van Der Sar.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
This is the first season Cech has got back to the top level since his head injury, I reckon.

Van der Saar has been good - I can only recall one huge fuck up on his part this season.

I struggle to think of many big errors from Reina this season, though I haven't watched Liverpool that much.

Nedvěd

He had one against Arsenal, and made a horrible mistake against Argentina but like you I don't watch Liverpool that much. But I never got that feeling of being secure with Reina, and he's weak in the air 3 of our 5 goals against Liverpool this season were headers. Last season Park's winner @ OT was a header, and in 2008 Brown scored a header against them too.

Agree about Cech, it's his first great season since the injury.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I pretty much think Reina's been the top goalkeeper in the Premier League for like the past 2-3 years.

He's a huge part of the reason why Liverpool were still scrapping onto 4th place for awhile (previous seasons), and he plays behind a mediocre defence.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Conceding goals from headers says more about a teams CBs than their GK, unless they were crosses that the GK should have been coming for.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
This is the first season Cech has got back to the top level since his head injury, I reckon.

Van der Saar has been good - I can only recall one huge fuck up on his part this season.

I struggle to think of many big errors from Reina this season, though I haven't watched Liverpool that much.
The Arsenal one was the only screw up aside from the brain fart against Argentina. He was really good. He owns the club record for fastest to 30 clean sheets.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Liverpool's defence is terrible, Agger or Skrtel are almost always injured when the other one isn't, Jamie Caraghter is the 2nd worst defender in the history of the Premier League (the 1st being Traore), he should be red carded in practically every game he plays in and I know of no player in history who has escaped more penalty calls then him.

And Liverpool haven't had good fullbacks in years.

And then you have Lucas as a holding midfield, oh dear oh dear.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Liverpool's defence is terrible, Agger or Skrtel are almost always injured when the other one isn't, Jamie Caraghter is the 2nd worst defender in the history of the Premier League (the 1st being Traore), he should be red carded in practically every game he plays in and I know of no player in history who has escaped more penalty calls then him.

:lol2:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Lucas is actually pretty good now that he's come into his own. Probably one of the reasons we finished 6th instead of 12th.

Carra is past it, I'll give that. But your analysis of him is completely wrong.:D When he's on his game, he's one of the best. Our fullbacks aren't very good. Kelly and Flannagan are promising, Johnson is inconsistent, Konchesky is shit, and Aurellio is forever injured.

Skrtel was shit last season, but I don't think he missed a match this year. If Agger ever plays a full season I'll be amazed.

Hopefully we get Scott Dann and a decent left back.

EDIT: Yeah, Reina is pretty fuckin' amazing.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
I see you didn't choose to argue against my claims that he's practically got away with more red cards and penalties than any player I can actually think of.

The only reason Liverpool fans rate him is cause he's been there for so long.

Lucas might of got better this season but before this season he was a really awful player and I'm talking about the past 2-4 years where Reina had to contend with sitting behind a (being nice) average defence.

I think without him Liverpool would of dropped out of the "top 4" long ago.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I see you didn't choose to argue against my claims that he's practically got away with more red cards and penalties than any player I can actually think of.

The only reason Liverpool fans rate him is cause he's been there for so long.

Lucas might of got better this season but before this season he was a really awful player and I'm talking about the past 2-4 years where Reina had to contend with sitting behind a (being nice) average defence.

I think without him Liverpool would of dropped out of the "top 4" long ago.
No, I actually disagree with the red card and penalties thing. I just thought you were joking.

In truth our defense has always been mediocre as the midfield was the heart of the team, as the midfield got weaker the defense became more exposed. Granted we haven't really spent on the defense, other than Johnson. In a sense, "you get what you pay for".

As for Lucas, he's never been awful. He's always been a decent young player with a lot of promise, unfortunately after his first season he was needed to be really good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)