[ENG] Premiership 2009/2010 (25 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Why stop it? Its their money, they wont win sh-t if they continue like this. Their literally buying themselves the laughing stock of europe sign.
It is their money but this is getting ridicolous specially in england. A club that was fighting relegation few years ago is now spending more than any club in england and europe (bar madrid) just because some dump billionare bought the club.

This is creating an unfair advantage to these clubs. Clubs that once were considered Big in europe are now fading away (ajax) and some shitty clubs like chelsea and city are becoming europes big boys overnight !!

Rules like the 6+5 can help solve these problems but it doesn't seem like happening anytime soon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Rules like the 6+5 can help solve these problems .
I believe they will , but Platini is facing the tide all by himself....the FA are happy...so i say fuck the EPL, England deserves not to qualify to the WC if it wasnt for Capello.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I believe they will , but Platini is facing the tide all by himself....the FA are happy...so i say fuck the EPL, England deserves not to qualify to the WC if it wasnt for Capello.
It's not about the EPL or england anymore, its about the beauty of the game.

European football used to be interesting in the past where one can see different schools of football and clubs like ajax, Dynamo Kiev, marseille.... making it to the final or winning the competition thanks to their local players mainly.

Right now its all about the $$ without it you can't challenge for shit. Thats just not right IMO

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
http://www.wikio.com/video/1410871

A friend told me about him a year ago and I laughed at hid suggestion he would end up at a big 'un.

Djemba-Djemba so bad they named him twice.
:lol: Thanks for the info bianconero.:tup:

A chilling thought for Arsenal fans all over the world. I want to see more of Eduardo now.
Not really but like Fred pointed out selling Adebayor means Bendtner getting more first team action & no striking replacement coming in.Hopefully Carlos Vela will get more playing time,he's a real scary talent but on a more positive note Arsenal have made good business considering they brought Ade in for £3m if im not mistaken.Thats a whopping £22m profit,well done Arsenal!

It is their money but this is getting ridicolous specially in england. A club that was fighting relegation few years ago is now spending more than any club in england and europe (bar madrid) just because some dump billionare bought the club.

This is creating an unfair advantage to these clubs. Clubs that once were considered Big in europe are now fading away (ajax) and some shitty clubs like chelsea and city are becoming europes big boys overnight !!

Rules like the 6+5 can help solve these problems but it doesn't seem like happening anytime soon.
Thats bullshit,if a wealthy businessman or fan came in withloads of money to splash on Juventus i would simply love it,provided that individual has some sort of football knowledge,business acumen & has Juve's interest at heart.I sense a huge sign of jealousy amongst the lot of you but this is not the first time teams have bought with ridiculous sums.We've experienced the chelski regime & the los galacticos regime & those didnt yield mind blowing success.Let me remind you that our beloved Juventus are also part of the big spenders in terms of huge bids e.g. Nedved,Thuram,Baggio & Buffon,yet i doubt any Juve supporter was bitching when those players came in.

To suggest Chelsea are a shitty team is laughable honestly,they might not have been championship contenders for ages but they produced exciteting attacking football & gave the big three(back then) a real go for their money.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Arsene in no hurry to buy

Arsene Wenger has revealed Arsenal are not on the verge of bringing in a replacement for striker Emmanuel Adebayor.

The towering attacker completed his transfer to Manchester City on Saturday in a deal reportedly worth £25million.

French coach Wenger has been linked with a bid for Bordeaux's Marouane Chamakh in order to fill the void left by Adebayor.

While Wenger remains an admirer of Chamakh, he insists a second capture of the summer is not on the near horizon.
Money available

"We're not on the verge of signing anybody but I'm able to spend the money if we find the right players," he said.

"We're not in a hurry because we have a big squad. We'll see in pre-season if we need to make any additions.

"If we need to add something we will. Chamakh is one of the players we've followed and if we need to go for a striker he's a possibility. We're keeping an eye on him.

"We have Rosicky and Eduardo back so we've lost a big striker but have gained two offensive players who were absent last season.

"We also have Nicklas Bendtner:lol:, Andrey Arshavin, Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott who can play striker. We have top players we can use as strikers."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5440242,00.html

Fred everything you said is coming through.Good luck buddy.:D

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
How does City expect to make a return on this level of investment? Chelsea, who managed to get some immediate success out of their spending, are still running a deficit every year.

This is nothing more than football manager for the super rich.

Mar 30, 2006
How does City expect to make a return on this level of investment? Chelsea, who managed to get some immediate success out of their spending, are still running a deficit every year.

This is nothing more than football manager for the super rich.
yeah. they have no intention of making their money back anytime soon.

I would have thought they would have went about building a team more intelligently though. If I was wealthy the first think I would do is appoint a top coach and transfer guy then build a team starting with a strong back bone and add some live wire players too the mix.

But City seem to just arbitrarily buy whoever and do not seem to think of the team as a unit .. they are just assembling a group players.

The smartest buy they have done is probably Barry.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Thats bullshit,if a wealthy businessman or fan came in withloads of money to splash on Juventus i would simply love it,provided that individual has some sort of football knowledge,business acumen & has Juve's interest at heart.I sense a huge sign of jealousy amongst the lot of you but this is not the first time teams have bought with ridiculous sums.We've experienced the chelski regime & the los galacticos regime & those didnt yield mind blowing success.Let me remind you that our beloved Juventus are also part of the big spenders in terms of huge bids e.g. Nedved,Thuram,Baggio & Buffon,yet i doubt any Juve supporter was bitching when those players came in.

To suggest Chelsea are a shitty team is laughable honestly,they might not have been championship contenders for ages but they produced exciteting attacking football & gave the big three(back then) a real go for their money.
It's not jealousy at all Byrone as i said it's their money and they can spend it the way they want. But let there be a certain rule that can help other decent clubs that want to balance their books and yet be compatitive in europe.

I live in this region of the world and i know the mentality of Shaikhs specially in the UAE (i've worked for some years with some of them). It's an Egoo game for them, one guy buys a fancy big car the next day the other Shaikh goes out and buys 50 cars just for the sake of it. Thats fine its their money and they can do whatever they want with it.

But right now they're taking it to a whole new level with buying out football clubs. Using it as a playing ground where they can buy all the players that they fancy not because they really need them but just because they can afford them. In a few years down the road some other shaikh will do the same it will be a joke.

Rules like the 6 + 5 rule can help minimize that advantage that these clubs have and we'll start to see again decent projects and teams that can last for few years rather than whole squads (7-8 players) been brought and sold every season.

The current state of football is not healthy IMO.....

Aug 28, 2007
One thing's for certain, football management rules have to be tightened a little. Am glad for the chaos these billionaires have brought on the game, anyway you look at it, football will never be the same again. We can talk about the good old past all we want (I miss it too), I just think this is the evolution of football, what it will evolve into? I have no bloody idea, just prepare for something drastic, but not entirely wholesome. Should be fun to see though.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
It's not about the EPL or england anymore, its about the beauty of the game.

European football used to be interesting in the past where one can see different schools of football and clubs like ajax, Dynamo Kiev, marseille.... making it to the final or winning the competition thanks to their local players mainly.

Right now its all about the $$ without it you can't challenge for shit. Thats just not right IMO
No it isnt :agree: but when it comes to Juve i'd love to see a wealthy owner who's mind is only focussed on bringing us the talents rather than filling our heads with the "economical crisis" bla bla bla!:shifty:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
hughes does not use elano as a starter and when he does he uses as an attacking mid i think.

I think the mid will be:

Barry--De Jong--Ireland
aye forgot about Barry

manure signed mame biram diouf from norwegian club molde fk.Anybody heard of him or seen him play?Or is this another djemba-djemba deal?
and they have also offloaded Manucho.......many big things were expected there

this is teh same argument as before Byron, folk were teh same with Chelsea and all claimed they would not want a billionaire owner as "we are Juve,blah,blah" what people seem to forget is taht we bossed the transfer market in Italy for years. we had the massive financial backing that nobody could compete with and nobody complained then. sure we didn't go and buy a whole team in one go,but we cherry picked the peninsulas best players and filled our squad with them because we could. if a multi-billionaire came in and promised to bring in the worlds best players i would only be pissed off with the massive influx of "plastic fans" that would inevitably flood these forums

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
It's not jealousy at all Byrone as i said it's their money and they can spend it the way they want. But let there be a certain rule that can help other decent clubs that want to balance their books and yet be compatitive in europe.

I live in this region of the world and i know the mentality of Shaikhs specially in the UAE (i've worked for some years with some of them). It's an Egoo game for them, one guy buys a fancy big car the next day the other Shaikh goes out and buys 50 cars just for the sake of it. Thats fine its their money and they can do whatever they want with it.

But right now they're taking it to a whole new level with buying out football clubs. Using it as a playing ground where they can buy all the players that they fancy not because they really need them but just because they can afford them. In a few years down the road some other shaikh will do the same it will be a joke.

Rules like the 6 + 5 rule can help minimize that advantage that these clubs have and we'll start to see again decent projects and teams that can last for few years rather than whole squads (7-8 players) been brought and sold every season.

The current state of football is not healthy IMO.....
If they make purchases using the clubs resources & holding the club liable for the massive amounts paid then its a very big issue but if a billionaire is wasting his own cash,i couldnt really give a flying fuck to be honest.Florentino Perez is certainly guilty of manipulating real fans for his own personal gain & yet their blind to the entire process.

In the end id love for Juve to spend like real & man city but not at the risk of ruining the club financially.

and they have also offloaded Manucho.......many big things were expected there
Yeah but you cant really blame him,they loaned him out last season & bringing in Owen would have forced him down the ranks.He decided to head for spain.

this is teh same argument as before Byron, folk were teh same with Chelsea and all claimed they would not want a billionaire owner as "we are Juve,blah,blah" what people seem to forget is taht we bossed the transfer market in Italy for years. we had the massive financial backing that nobody could compete with and nobody complained then. sure we didn't go and buy a whole team in one go,but we cherry picked the peninsulas best players and filled our squad with them because we could. if a multi-billionaire came in and promised to bring in the worlds best players i would only be pissed off with the massive influx of "plastic fans" that would inevitably flood these forums
Spot on but ultimately its imperative that our club increases its fans bases & whether their plastic fans is no concern for me.These clueless newbies are the ones that spend on merchandise & in turn increase revenue for the club.As for the forums you know when to hit the ban button.;)

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Vieri bails on Blackburn

Christian Vieri has apparently ended his trial run with Blackburn Rovers ahead of time, walking out on the club.

The veteran striker had been on a trial with Sam Allardyce’s squad for a few weeks and impressed both manager and teammates.

He was all set to make his debut for the side in a pre-season friendly, but it is reported he did not turn up.

Vieri has now been spotted on holiday in Sardinia, so has not returned to the UK with Blackburn following their 1-0 defeat at Hajduk Split.

It is believed the former Italian international is looking for a different challenge to resume his playing career.

This is not entirely new behaviour for Vieri, who signed for Sampdoria last summer and then terminated the contract without taking part in a single training session.

He joined Atalanta instead, but rescinded that contract two months early following a row with the fans.

Vieri turned 36 last week and since leaving Inter in 2005 has played for Milan, Monaco, Atalanta, Fiorentina and Atalanta again.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jul19h.html

What a clown!:lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)