[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
You still won't recognise Arshavin?
He took the goals well, but all were primarily caused by bad defending.

First and second goals were Liverpool gifting Arsenal possession in the final third. Third goal was handed to him on a plate and the fourth was caused by Liverpool not leaving enough players back.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The Spanish guy. Arbeloa or smthg.

P.S: Or maybe Aurelio :D
We've needed an additional right back all season. Playing Arbeloa everyday is just asking for it. As for the left, I think Insua is and has been the better option of the three players capable at the position.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
He took the goals well, but all were primarily caused by bad defending.

First and second goals were Liverpool gifting Arsenal possession in the final third. Third goal was handed to him on a plate and the fourth was caused by Liverpool not leaving enough players back.
I don't think I get it (the bolded part: what do you mean primarily?). May be if you demonstrate with an example: like when a goal was scored albeit good defending, I'll understand better if I am wrong.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I don't think I get it (the bolded part: what do you mean primarily?). May be if you demonstrate with an example: like when a goal was scored albeit good defending, I'll understand better if I am wrong.
I believe that all goals are preventable.

However, some goals are very hard to stop because the attacking play is very good.

Look at Arsenal's second goal-

I say that was bad defending because Liverpool gave the ball away cheaply and there was no attempt to stop the shot by the defenders.

Others will say that it was good play by Arshavin to steal the ball and finish it well.

Both statements are true, it's just a question of perspective.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What a match for the neutral but what a nerve wrecking experience for the two sides fans. Fuck me that was a bumpy ride!:shocked:

But seriously, we won't be going anywhere with this shambolic defense, if it werent for Fabianski(he did very well today) the result would have been 10-4, plus we won't have Arshavin to bail us out all the time.

Also silvestre and Toure are probably the worst defensive pairing ever, i cannot believe how utterly horrible these two are. We're gonna get thumped by the Mancs if we play those two together.

We need to sort out our defense, this is getting disgusting, Wenger has to be sacked if he doesn't draft in a new DM and a quality centerback next summer, these two are musts, no two ways about it.

I felt we didn't really deserve the draw as most of our team was average, we played a very poor game actually and had it not been for Arsha's lethal touch in front of goal. Here are my player ratings

Fabianski 7.5: Would have given him an 8 but he could have done a little more about the third goal.

Sagna 2: poor performance, he was the direct cause of the first goal, stupid clearance and then he didnt mark Torres well for his header, all round he was gifting Liverpool the ball right and left.

Toure 1: I lost count of the number of times Torres turned him, he was bereft of confidence and had a horrible game all round

Silvestre 2: Had a very poor game and caused Fabianski some awkward moments with his rash backpasses, also was turned to easily by Torres.

Gibbs 4.5: Was our best defender, but not really an achievement as the rest were utterly horrible, but i cant blame the kid, he's 18 and he's being asked to play against Liverpool alongside jokes like Toure and Silvestre. Good job in clearing a ball right off the line

Song 6.5: Was physical with Liverpools midfielders, he has improved a lot over the last few games, made some interceptions and didnt lose the ball as much as he usually does.

Denilson: Sorry, Mathematicians still didnt invent a number that could describe how utterly horrible Denilson was today, why can't he die in a car crash? Thats the only way Wenger will stop playing him.

Nasri 6.5: His overall play was a little above average, but he did well for that first goal of ours.

Arshavin 9: He didnt really influence the match in the first half other than the goal, which is why i aint giving him a 10, also he took advantage of defensive mistakes, but thats what makes him so special, he's so fuckin deadly. I aint complaining, 10 games into his Arsenal career and he scores a super hattrick at Anfield, this ones going to be special.

Cesc 6: wasn't his usual confident self, and lost a little too many balls for my liking. But good job for the first goal.

Bentdner 4.5: Was he even on the pitch?

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
FT

Liverpool fans should be proud. Arsenal have nothing to be proud of.
:p
Meh, fuck you, it ain't the same :frown:

I believe that all goals are preventable.

However, some goals are very hard to stop because the attacking play is very good.

Look at Arsenal's second goal-

I say that was bad defending because Liverpool gave the ball away cheaply and there was no attempt to stop the shot by the defenders.

Others will say that it was good play by Arshavin to steal the ball and finish it well.

Both statements are true, it's just a question of perspective.
Sure Liverpool made a lot of mistakes, but taking advantage of those mistakes and pressuring defenders to make those mistakes should also be credited. Also, mistakes or no mistakes, you don't score 4 fuckin goals in Anfield if you ain't a clinical motherfucker. Its been a long time since we had a player like Arsha.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What's Sagna's problem this year Fred? He was really good last year but as i said earlier today, on way too many matches this year (at least on many of the matches i've seen) he was really bad, making some mistakes that don't even have much to do with form as much as they have to do with his overall quality as a defender.

Still one of the best RBs in Europe though, which says a lot about the choice. You have Maicon, then Alves, and then a huge gap.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
What's Sagna's problem this year Fred? He was really good last year but as i said earlier today, on way too many matches this year (at least on many of the matches i've seen) he was really bad, making some mistakes that don't even have much to do with form as much as they have to do with his overall quality as a defender.

Still one of the best RBs in Europe though, which says a lot about the choice. You have Maicon, then Alves, and then a huge gap.
You're right about Sagna. Its strange last year he was brilliant, one of the best RB's in Europe without a question. This year, he started out well and was one of our most consistent players up until November, after that it was a steady decline, from average to utterly terrible. You ask me what his problem is? I do not have an idea, i really don't.

He's making basic mistakes like you said, which is why its a big problem. The thing is, he has always been a very good fullback, even in his last season with Auxerre he was the best fullback in the Ligue by a country mile. So i personally am confused, maybe its the confidence(confidence can make the best of players look average), but even if so, its a worrying fact if he's been playing so poorly all this time because of a lack of confidence.

I saw in the earlier pages, you said that his bad performance today was because he played injured? He wasn't injured for your information, he was sick and he just recovered a couple of days ago. He's just horrible, no excuses at all.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You're right about Sagna. Its strange last year he was brilliant, one of the best RB's in Europe without a question. This year, he started out well and was one of our most consistent players up until November, after that it was a steady decline, from average to utterly terrible. You ask me what his problem is? I do not have an idea, i really don't.

He's making basic mistakes like you said, which is why its a big problem. The thing is, he has always been a very good fullback, even in his last season with Auxerre he was the best fullback in the Ligue by a country mile. So i personally am confused, maybe its the confidence(confidence can make the best of players look average), but even if so, its a worrying fact if he's been playing so poorly all this time because of a lack of confidence.

I saw in the earlier pages, you said that his bad performance today was because he played injured? He wasn't injured for your information, he was sick and he just recovered a couple of days ago. He's just horrible, no excuses at all.
Ah, thanks.
I heard the commentator that it wasn't known until today if Sagna could play or not, so i assumed it was due to some injury he just recovered from.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
fuck this, again, horrendous defensive mistakes, we dominated arsenal for most of the game, but fucking arse shavin....it seems that just when Aurelio starts getting the credit he deserves, he forgets how to defend. FUCK! i'm just going to shutup now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)