[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
nice work arsenal, glad they're playing well again. congrats fred ;) I wanted to see the game, but couldn't get a good stream. Still so happy about liverpool though :D
thanks, congrats to your boys too, nothing like a Man Utd thumping, the last time thats happened was the CL against Milan :)
anyone see morton gamst pedersen's dive? :lol:

sagna is closest marker was a mile away, looks back to see if the ref is looking, then throws himself to the floor looking for a penalty.
Yup, it was ridiculous.

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
thanks, congrats to your boys too, nothing like a Man Utd thumping, the last time thats happened was the CL against Milan :)

Yup, it was ridiculous.

thanks! such a nice change from the last couple years ;) let's hope manu get some more points knocked off!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
So this year ManU take another league win, equaling pool. And probably another CL, making it 4. That's one CL short then. And now that they've finally figured out how to dominate in the CL after all these years, they'll be favorites to win again very soon. Interesting time to be a pooler surely.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
What a disgusting challenge by Diouf. The way he caught Almunia reminds me of the way Eduardo got injured last season.
If Almunia's studs stick in the turf, it is a broken ankle.

What's with the guy taking a picture on his phone? His team has just gone 1-2 down and he's more interested in taking a pic of an opposition player. :lol:
That was my first thought, too.

The guy must be a classic Utd 'fan'.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
We played a good game today, its been a long time since we've done that. Walcott obviously adds a lot to this team, he isn't a supremely talented footballer like the English would want you to believe, but his pace coupled with the timings of his runs and his general movement off the ball makes him a menace for the oppositions defense. Denilson, Nasri and Arshavin always had an option to pass to today.

Arshavin played extremely well today, the signs are promising. His second goal was very well taken.
so,walcott is a lot like the gay swede than?

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
What's with the guy taking a picture on his phone? His team has just gone 1-2 down and he's more interested in taking a pic of an opposition player. :lol:

if you see the video, there are at least 10 manu "fans" doing the same thing :D

@Martin, It's certainly an interesting time to be a liverpool fan. Benitez's work is beginning to pay dividends, and while he won't get the credit he deserves until he's won a couple league titles, it's reassuring to see so much progress. Anyone who's watched liverpool consistently since Benitez took over should be able to see beyond the occasional crappy buy and give credit to Benitez for making Liverpool a genuinely top team now. While it will be tough to see manu equal our record, it might be more motivation to the team next year. Also, I think that any english team could any of the other english teams in the CL, arsenal on their day can beat anyone, and Chelsea with a firing Drogba and Essien back are good enough to beat anyone. I just hope that Benitez proves to be Liverpool's trump card, and Torres and Gerrard stay fit, as with both of them available we're also a match for anyone. Basically, while Manu have as good a chance as anyone to win their 4th CL, it's not going to be easy. I just hope that with Parry gone Liverpool buy the players that Benitez wants during the summer, then I think we'll have a very good chance next year in the league. Of course, Manu will probably buy someone big, and I'm not expecting us to catch up to their squad quality yet, but with the right signings we'll be close enough to give them a genuine run for their money.

oh yeah, and that dive is worse than I imagined! definitely should be a ban, but knowing how incompetent the FA is, I doubt anything will happen

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Pederson does dive, but there was contact when he went past the player.

The Arsenal player's left knee hits Pederson's left foot.

Still outrageous, but it means that I don't consider it an all time classic. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)