[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
Ален;1802134 said:
Dossena is a football player who was a complete anonimous in serie A until last year. Even serie A freaks like me didn't know him, eventhough he was 26.
Then he had a pretty good season down the flank for Udinese and Pool bought him.
As it turned out he was just a one season wonder. Chances were big that he will not repeat the successfull last season and that's why i was surprised Benitez wanted him.
I remember one thing from the beginning of last season. A Swedish Udinese fan wrote something in the lines of: "Why the hell does Dossena play? The man can't cross, can't run, can't defend and can't shoot".

Eventually he changed his mind, but I never forgot that sentence.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I remember one thing from the beginning of last season. A Swedish Udinese fan wrote something in the lines of: "Why the hell does Dossena play? The man can't cross, can't run, can't defend and can't shoot".

Eventually he changed his mind, but I never forgot that sentence.
Funny you should mention that. That's how I got my first impression of Dossena aswell and it sticked with me since. I don't rate the guy.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
dude, it's the most worthless competition ever
No matter. It's still useless.
Ray Wilkins, the Chelsea assistant coach, has lashed out at Arsene Wenger, claiming the Arsenal manager's policy of fielding young teams in the Carling Cup "undermines the value of the competition

Wenger's young Gunners are the talk of England after downing a full-strength Wigan Athletic 3-0 at the Emirates last night.

The darling tots of North London pulled a similar stunt in September when they knocked out Sheffield United in comprehensive fashion, putting six goals past a side who were in the Premier League only two seasons ago.

And while most are lauding Arsenal's prodigious talents, Wilkins has criticised the club's manager for using a cup competition specifically to blood his youngsters.

"It’s all about winning trophies when you’re a big club," he said in The Sun.

"The fact we’ve won the Carling Cup twice in the last four years and Arsenal have won none justifies our policy.

"You enter a competition to win the competition. Why go into it if you’re not concerned whether you win it?

"Playing a young or weakened team undermines the value of the competition.

"And we have not and will not do that. We want to win it, big time."

Didier Drogba and Joe Cole are expected to feature in the Blues' clash against Burnley this evening, while the likes of Nicolas Anelka and Frank Lampard could be rested.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chelsea should keep their fuckin mouths shut from now on.

Eduardo has started training (partially) with the first team. :scarf:
:weee:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Just because Wilkins is deranged doesn't mean the competition means a damn thing. It's like Bryan Adams obsessing about the talent show at your local high school. You might suspect he's gone insane, but that doesn't make the talent show any more prestigious.

Btw why should Chelsea be quiet? They lived up to their own ethos, didn't they? Played a full team. So what's your beef?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)