[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well that's too bad. But what I say is the truth. Who else am I supposed to blame for the idiocy I see across the US in terms of football support? You're obviously the exception, but 99% of the people I've met are the stereotypical "across the seas EPL fan" who support an EPL side because the media dished it to them. Sad, but true.

Should I hate that 99%? Yes, yes I should. They give Americans a bad name and just compound the stereotype that Americans don't know anything about football. I find it annoying that basically within the 99% of the fans I deal with here, I will either have to 1) just keep the talk about the Premiership or 2) hear about how great of a league it is and how English football is the best. This is the raw truth, and from what I've seen, the English are the entity that has spurred this plague on here with the utmost success. So yes, I'm going to hate the EPL. Too bad.

Take your expletives elsewhere

Settle the fuck down. The reason why I gave that historical piece was to merely give my opinion on the matter, that's all.

Sure, the money would be nice, but if foreign investors make a mockery out the club, then no, I don't want that money. And the last thing I want my club to be, IS SOME FUCKING PLAY TOY for people who have never had an interest in the club. The Agnelli's did always have an interest. So if that answer isn't good enough, too bad, Enron.
That's some real weak stuff Andrew. You really don't have a reason to hate the EPL other than because they are probably the strongest league right now (we'll know after the season who was strongest in 08) and that people think the EPL is the best. And you also don't like it when those fans want to talk about their favorite league.

I highly doubt 99% of the people you've met like the EPL and are the EPL following robots of your dreams. That's a ridiculous number and cannot be close to correct considering you nor I can anyway fathom the total number of people we've met in our lifetimes and therefore not come up with an accurate percentage pertaining to football taste.

Nevertheless maybe you should move to another country where English isn't the major spoken language to raise your percentage. Sorry, that's a bit rash. Here's a suggestion. Join an internet forum where the posters watch football from a non english league, but make sure they speak mostly english so that you can understand them. :shocked:

The historical piece was pretty much bullshit. That was a real poor attempt to illustrate the "honor of juventus" to some lowly EPL fan who doesn't know much about other football history. It just makes you seem pompous or like you don't understand. Next time. Just answer the fucking question.

"Sure, the money would be nice, but if foreign investors make a mockery out the club, then no, I don't want that money. And the last thing I want my club to be, IS SOME FUCKING PLAY TOY for people who have never had an interest in the club."

Dude... great answer. It might be perfect. Totally what I was looking for. Guess what? It doesn't make you look like an ass. Do this next time and we won't have any problems. Could have said it the first time, but Andrew always has to be fancy. Why go with a backwards cowgirl when doing fine with the pile driver?

Now go read some interviews with the guy who purchased the team. It's actually interesting to see what his criteria was. I'm not defending the rich bastard. Just suggesting you check it out.

Oh... I will not watch a god damn FLIPPING expletive until you do. Have ever tried to watch expletives? Those mother fuckers are faster than fuck and beans put to-fucking-gether!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
1) Hate the style of play
2) Hate the English arrogance
3) Hate the English arrogance that then is passed on to American fans of English clubs
4) Hate the American fans who do not have a clue about football, and yes, they are usually fans of EPL clubs.
5) Fuck the English National Team and the Premiership

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The historical piece was pretty much bullshit. That was a real poor attempt to illustrate the "honor of juventus" to some lowly EPL fan who doesn't know much about other football history. It just makes you seem pompous or like you don't understand. Next time. Just answer the fucking question.
No, it wasn't that at all. But if you don't understand the point of it, it's not my problem.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
3) Hate the English arrogance that then is passed on to American fans of English clubs
4) Hate the American fans who do not have a clue about football, and yes, they are usually fans of EPL clubs.
Good job. You've figured how to express beyond the usage of the word cunt. Now all we have to do is work on finding real reasons. So far you have one.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Another one is: Fuck the EPL?
No. Really we're striving for real live "Big Boy" reasons. That doesn't constitute one.

Acceptable reasons to hate people:

-They killed your people.

-They enslaved your people.

I'm not a big hater so someone else can chime in.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I don't see a problem giving an overview about the club to help explain a point.
I said, what do you expect Man City fans to do? Petition lots of money? And you replied with some story about how the Agnelli payment plan makes Juventus honorable. Really not relevant. It's a nice story though.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I said, what do you expect Man City fans to do? Petition lots of money? And you replied with some story about how the Agnelli payment plan makes Juventus honorable. Really not relevant. It's a nice story though.
No, I was not trying to respond to that question with my Juve stuff. Not at all. That stuff was for your question about who would object to them taking over Juventus. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
No, I was not trying to respond to that question with my Juve stuff. Not at all. That stuff was for your question about who would object to them taking over Juventus. Sorry if I didn't make myself clear.
Well you replied to the completely wrong post.

This is the post about the Juve ownership thing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
Maybe City will use their power for good and not evil?

Still I can't really see why everyone here is so upset. No one on this site would complain if some dude with more cowboy cash than he could could count grabbed up Juve and started purchasing world class talent.

[They have been wasting no time claiming they are bigger than united, on channel 4 news the rep for city, said they are the only club in manchester, which is true because united are in trafford which is classed as a different place as it has it's own council, but none the less a huge slap across united's face.
Also Al-Fahim said he would prefer to splurge 50 million pounds (US$90 million; €62 million) on one player than 10 average signings for the same amount.
I'll leave you to decide wether that is good or not.]
Trivigy replied.

This is what you replied to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enron
I see. Age old case of old money being better than new money. Really there are very few teams in the world who's success hasn't come from some guys pocket book at one time or another.

Cunts talking like cunts talking about cunt things and cunt trivialities is really nothing to get upset about. Expecting clubs not to try and better themselves is just really really naive. What are they supposed to do? Petition against their club for selling itself to a really really wealthy group?

[I don't have anything against clubs using copious amounts of money wisely.

Blowing 50 million Euros one player who isn't worth it doesn't do the game any good though.

My club was built on influxes of money, yes, but we actually started up through the grass roots of the game, worked our way up in success, and then received more and more money from the Agnellis. That is the exact OPPOSITE of Man City. Then, even in our best years, we had to be smart with our money and sell players so we could buy others. We have never been in the same position as a Chelsea, Man City, or even Milan for that matter. The Agnellis have never been an Abramovich to us.

If people don't understand the difference between cases such as these, then that is quite sad. All this money pumped into only a few clubs is going to hurt your favorite league in the long run, Enron.]
That's you.

There. Hope that clears up why I didn't know what you were talking about.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Nah it doesn't clear it up because that first paragraph of, "Nobody on this site would complain..." and so on. That's why I started on with the history.

Edit: I see now looking back. Nevermind.

If you want an answer to what should City fans do, well, they can't do anything except petition like manure fans, and that didn't do anything. So they could basically do nothing.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Nah it doesn't clear it up because that first paragraph of, "Nobody on this site would complain..." and so on. That's why I started on with the history.

If you want an answer to what should City fans do, well, they can't do anything except petition like manure fans, and that didn't do anything. So they could basically do nothing.
Come on.

Maher

Juventuz addict
Dec 16, 2002
:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)