[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Scolari Confirmed As New Chelsea Boss

The current Portugal boss has been linked with the post for the past couple of weeks in particular, though he has remained adamant he would not make a decision on his future until after Euro 2008.

However, as other candidates continued to rule themselves out of the job, it appears the Brazilian coach has made the decision early, and he will take over at Stamford Bridge from July 1.

"Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm that Luiz Felipe Scolari will be the club's new manager from July 1, 2008," read a statement on the club's official website.

"Felipe has great qualities. He is one of the world's top coaches with a record of success at country and club level, he gets the best out of a talented squad of players and his ambitions and expectations match ours. He was the outstanding choice.

"Out of respect for his current role as Head Coach of the Portuguese national team, and to ensure minimum disruption to this work, there will be no further comment from Chelsea FC nor from Felipe about his new role until his employment with us commences."

Scolari is best known for winning the World Cup with Brazil in 2002, and he has since taken Portugal to two semi-finals and a final in his time as manager, establishing them as top contenders on the international stage.

He has no club management experience in Europe, but has had success with Brazilian club Gremio, where he won the Copa Libertadores.

Goal.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
Giovani hasn't been great has he for Barca (in his fav position), and he has a terrible attitude, no wonder Pep wants rid of him. Most non retards/decent Barca fans will be able to tell you the same.

Some people need to get off football manager and actually watch the guy play, and you will then realise he is not as good as fm will have you believe.

They signed Dani Alves too fwiw.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Giovani hasn't been great has he for Barca (in his fav position), and he has a terrible attitude, no wonder Pep wants rid of him. Most non retards/decent Barca fans will be able to tell you the same.

Some people need to get off football manager and actually watch the guy play, and you will then realise he is not as good as fm will have you believe.

They signed Dani Alves too fwiw.
His performances havent been as good as they should be thats for sure. But he's obviously talented, theres no questioning that imo.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
His performances havent been as good as they should be thats for sure. But he's obviously talented, theres no questioning that imo.
Yeah, I'm not questioning his talent, I just hate the way people wank over him because he's good on FM. In fact, it's a good deal for Spurs.

Petrucci, Macheda, Rossi anyone else for us?

Dont worry albertmare, its cool.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Newly promoted West Brom are very close to signing Derry City's Paddy McCourt.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paddy_McCourt

He is one of the best players in our leaegue here in Ireland. He is a winger that can play on either side and sometimes he plays behind the strikers. He's a mazy dribbler and a very creative player. He has only been capped once by Northern Ireland but he should be a regular in their squad. Now that he will be in the EPL he should get more chances to play for his country. I hope he does well over there.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, I'm not questioning his talent, I just hate the way people wank over him because he's good on FM. In fact, it's a good deal for Spurs.

Petrucci, Macheda, Rossi anyone else for us?

Dont worry albertmare, its cool.
Your going to have to get used to that if you want to post here:D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Why the hell did Modric go to the Yids? Goddamnit.

Robinson

Chimbonda - King - Woodgate - Bale

Lennon - Modric - Zokora - Dos Santos

Berbatov - King

Pretty sick team.

Éver

Mar 1, 2008
A nice midfield full of midgets there.

Robinson needs replacing, King is ALWAYS injured and by King upfront i'm assuming you mean Keane. Lennon is shite aswell. Woodgate is good though.

Defo going to break into the top 4 this year, like last year and the year before and the year before that

Mar 6, 2005

Robinson

Berbatov - King

Pretty sick team.
I know King is awesome, but I think it's gonna be tough even for him to be at two different positions at the same time :D

Sick team indeed, weak links are plenty though:

Robinson, 'nuff said.
Chimbonda: Good going forward, wank as a defender.
Zokora: The molinaro of the midfield, all running, no usefulness :D

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Robinson

Berbatov - King

Pretty sick team.
That's a pretty weak team as well. So it will be Dos Santos and Lennon getting knocked off the ball this season while Modric and Zokora try to force the issue up the middle. Sounds like a typical Yids season to me.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Villa admits Reds interest
Liverpool temptation for Spanish ace

Last updated: 15th June 2008

Spanish star David Villa has hinted he would like to move to Liverpool, if he heads to England this summer.

The Valencia striker has lit up Euro 2008 with four goals in their opening two group games.

A host of clubs are tracking Villa with Liverpool and Chelsea reported to be heading the queue for the diminutive front-man.

Villa, who has linked up so well with current Reds star Fernando Torres for Spain, admits he would be tempted by the prospect of playing with him on a weekly basis.

"Liverpool and Chelsea are both big clubs with a lot of attraction," he told the News of the World.

Villa also admitted that Liverpool's Spanish coach Rafa Benitez could play a big role in attracting him as he tried to sign him earlier in his career.

"Liverpool have a Spanish coach and I also have a lot of friends there," he said.

"When Rafa was coach at Valencia and I was at Zaragoza there was contact about me joining Valencia but I couldn't arrive until the year after he left there."

-Stop teasing me David Villa!!!

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Villa admits Reds interest
Liverpool temptation for Spanish ace

"Liverpool and Chelsea are both big clubs with a lot of attraction," he told the News of the World.
Mmmmmmmm so chelsea is considered nowadays a big club :melayyanandmessi: , so what if Abramovic sold the club today would they still be considered big or they will return to their normal size :smoke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)