[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It is a new thing, because the bench players are worse then before for sure, BECAUSE the players who are bench material only and were reserves in past seasons, are starting now. And former starting quality like Toure and Gallas are losing it.

That's more that Arsenal's starting XI isn't as good as it was and they have a lot of injuries..

I'm not sure the backup's are much worse.

If Arsenal could play:

Almunia

Sagna-Toure-Gallas-Clichy

Rosicky-Fabregas-Denilson-Nasri

Van Persie

Adebayor​

With Eduardo and Walcott as quality backup and all the guys like Eboue, Diaby, Silvestre, Song, Bentner on the bench, I don't see that first XI being much weaker than the Arsenal team of the last couple of years, but the bench is significantly worse.

If you go back five years, I would agree with your point that the standard of the starting XI has declined significantly.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
On another note, reports say that Cesc will be out fr 3 months, making him miss even the two roma games. If reports are to be believed then i think we can all agree that we are royally fucked!

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
We've seen many times teams struggling in their leagues winning the title (milan 06). Plus arsenal played pretty good against all the top teams in england this season and they've won some of their games.

All teams have "almost" equal chances to win the title once they reach the knockout stage. And arsenal with arsene wenger are not short of experience in this competition.....

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
yes but squad depth and form are also important factors...they are struggling in the League and despite some magical performances in the CL, I can't see them going beyond the QFs, especially without Fabregas

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
yes but squad depth and form are also important factors...they are struggling in the League and despite some magical performances in the CL, I can't see them going beyond the QFs, especially without Fabregas
Milan too didn't have depth in their squad that year when they've won the title. As for fabregas he'll probably be available once they take on roma ( i think that he's injury is not that serious) but again its all mind games at this stage of the competition (i find it strange that just few days after the anouncement of totti's injury they came out and anounce the same thing about their key player).

My point is at this stage of the competition its anybody's guess who will win the title, so who knows....

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Fabregas is out for 3 months, and will miss the Roma matches...and yes it is always a guess, but you can make an educated guess...
Like i've said i think he's injury won't last that long (probably just some :gsol: mind games:gsol: that each club is trying to play against the other...

Can you honestly say that you've predicted that milan would've won that title in 06 when they're team looked really poor especially at the first half of the season. My guess is even their own fans didn't predict that.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Roma will probably be without Totti (at least for the first leg) and an Arsenal-Roma without Fabregas and Totti is losing all the charm.

I read that Cesc is out for 4 months, not 3. But even if it's 3 it is way too much and Arsenal will have a hard time securing a top 4 finish, which, considering their situation this year, is much more important than the CL itself where i don't give them any chances at all.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
We've seen many times teams struggling in their leagues winning the title (milan 06). Plus arsenal played pretty good against all the top teams in england this season and they've won some of their games.

All teams have "almost" equal chances to win the title once they reach the knockout stage. And arsenal with arsene wenger are not short of experience in this competition.....

Milan had good players and a world class Kaka that season though. Arsenal without Fabregas is a mid table team i'm afraid to say. Watch out for the thrashing we're going to get against Aston Villa.

If Arsene doesn't spend in January, he should be sacked plain and simple.

Roma will probably be without Totti (at least for the first leg) and an Arsenal-Roma without Fabregas and Totti is losing all the charm.

I read that Cesc is out for 4 months, not 3. But even if it's 3 it is way too much and Arsenal will have a hard time securing a top 4 finish, which, considering their situation this year, is much more important than the CL itself where i don't give them any chances at all.
Unfortunately the closest post to reality. Aston Villa are a much better team than us this season. Them beating us at the Emirates was no co-incidence.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Their midfield was waaaay to weak to do squat before Fabregas, now the only proven quality midfielder they have is out for the season basically, and someone actually thinks "ahhh, they will probably will CL now", seriously? :lol:

The only Milan act they are VERY likely to do is not the of winning CL against the odds (though quite flattering to compare Arsenals current fit players to Milans ones), but the of last season where they became an Uefa cup team. Arsenal's only worry this season should be to get a CL spot. Just as the same is the only goal for Roma too.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Their midfield was waaaay to weak to do squat before Fabregas, now the only proven quality midfielder they have is out for the season basically, and someone actually thinks "ahhh, they will probably will CL now", seriously? :lol:

The only Milan act they are VERY likely to do is not the of winning CL against the odds (though quite flattering to compare Arsenals current fit players to Milans ones), but the of last season where they became an Uefa cup team. Arsenal's only worry this season should be to get a CL spot. Just as the same is the only goal for Roma too.
I no longer believe we have a chance against Roma. 4th place isn't so easy anymore either. Arsenal fans(Wenger too) need to take a long hard look at our midfield. it makes me wonder. Could Denilson, diaby or Song get in the Aston Villa, Man City, Tottenham or Everton midfield. We're mid table material without Cesc fullstop.

Its a must that we strenghten in the summer, two midfielders are a neccesity. I don't give a shit if they're cup tied, its not like we have a shot on the CL.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Can anyone tell me why they're playing the Premiership matches so early this week?

I understand it probably has something to do with Boxing Day/New Year's, but it's not like New Year's Eve/Day falls over the days that matches are usually played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)