[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Anyone else think Adebayor's second was undeserved or was it just me?? I guess it evens itself out in the end, just like we benifited from bad refereeing against Chelski, we got hard done by today.

that being said e didn't play a good game anyway, ironically until the red card came, and we really showed some spirit then. Liverpool obviously missed Mascherrano or else Diaby wouldnt have had that much freedom. Gerrard was kind of unlucky today, in another day he would have buried his two chances.

We already have enough injuries, now Cesc gets injured. Reports say it could be up to a month. With Aston Villa away coming up, we're sure to lose some ground to those bastards.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Adebayor shouldn't have been red carded. Unless he objected and said some nasty things to the ref, the second yellow was not deserved.

How do you guys rate Aston Villa's chances to make it to top4 at the end? I don't care which one of Utd, Chelsea, Pool or Arsenal, but i'd like some other team to overtake one of these 4 and see something new from the EPL in CL.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Hard to say. The club could just be saying that to cover for Lee.
One guy from Liverpool was non-stop on the phone. They've shown him at least 5 times how he talks to someone and then tells it to the fat guy who was screaming like crazy.
There is a strong chance that the guy was talking to Benitez.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
One guy from Liverpool was non-stop on the phone. They've shown him at least 5 times how he talks to someone and then tells it to the fat guy who was screaming like crazy.
There is a strong chance that the guy was talking to Benitez.
Neat-o.

I don't know that it makes much of a difference. In regards to the amount of fire power we have on the bench.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
How do you guys rate Aston Villa's chances to make it to top4 at the end? I don't care which one of Utd, Chelsea, Pool or Arsenal, but i'd like some other team to overtake one of these 4 and see something new from the EPL in CL.
I would say that Villa need to strengthen in January to finish in the top 4.

Their first XI is good enough, but sooner or later playing in three competitions will take it's toll.

I'll say that Villa will finish 4th, if they don't have any extended runs in either cup to distract them too much.

And they will beat Arsenal at Villa Park on Boxing Day.

Hard to say. The club could just be saying that to cover for Lee.
I had the game on the radio and they were saying that someone on the Liverpool bench was on the phone half the time.

Fair to assume that it was Benitez on the other end of the phone.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Adebayor shouldn't have been red carded. Unless he objected and said some nasty things to the ref, the second yellow was not deserved.
It was a bit harsh, because he wasn't trying to hit the Liverpool player.

However, he went over the ball, studs showing and with a straight leg, so I can see why the ref would consider it to be dangerous.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It was a bit harsh, because he wasn't trying to hit the Liverpool player.

However, he went over the ball, studs showing and with a straight leg, so I can see why the ref would consider it to be dangerous.
I've seen a few yellows given for similar challenges this season. I think some of the refs are trying to crack down since the Eduardo debacle.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
liverpool make some of the dumbest substitutions tho.....y not take of lucas and bring on babel to play up front with keane?

babel's pace with kinda space arsenal had for sale behind thier defence, his pace wud have ripped them a new 1. but i'm sure that not what rafa "safety" benitez was think at home while on the phone to mr pellegrino.

ur playing against 10 men why not switch to a 4-4-2 or a 4-3-1-2 and take the game?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)