[ENG] Premiership 2008/2009 (181 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I doubt there's gonna be any season changing spending done by anyone out of the Big 4 and by big four I mean Chelsea, Man U, Tottenham, and Man City. Unless of course they sell and get a lot in return. I don't see Pool and Arsenal making major purchases.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Sam 'Big Sam' Allardyce is new Blackburn manager.

No surprise.

I think he can do a good job with Blackburn. They're his type of team. Physical hard working players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in.

Pool will probably sell Keane. Not sure they'll get much for him though
Won't happen, They'll give him until the end of the season at the very least

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Pool will probably sell Keane. Not sure they'll get much for him though
Actually no. Not unless we can make a decent deal of quick cash. I don't think anyone will want him. And the Yids can't take him back. Add to that Torres's injuries and the lack of depth up top and Rafa is most likely giving him a wake up call.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Actually no. Not unless we can make a decent deal of quick cash. I don't think anyone will want him. And the Yids can't take him back. Add to that Torres's injuries and the lack of depth up top and Rafa is most likely giving him a wake up call.
Liverpool to sell Keane and re-sign Michael Owen. ;)

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Good luck to Big Sam and Blackburn Rovers. Hope he can can keep the Rovers in the EPL and bring back the glory days to the late Sir Jack Walker's beloved club.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why?

They are a small club and only won because Walker pumped in his money.

They are slowly moving back down to a sustainable level of spending and results are bound to suffer.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Why?

They are a small club and only won because Walker pumped in his money.

They are slowly moving back down to a sustainable level of spending and results are bound to suffer.

Cos I was rooting for them during 94/95 season against Man U. The days of the Shearer-Sutton, Ripley, Wilcox and of cos lion-hearted Colin Hendry ...
Since then, i was following the club's progress from time to time.

But you're right, at the end of the day, they r still a small club.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Wow ...

C. Hendry went on to join Rangers?
(i juz checked, he join Dundee before moving to Blackburn)

Hendry was the unsung hero in that title win.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Depends how much he has to spend in January.

My guess is they will sell Santa Cruz to Man City and buy a few players with that money and end up surviving. Just.
Well apparently Blackburn have upped their asking price for Santa Cruz 20m pounds.Not sure if man city will fall for that one,if they are their just retarded.Im pretty sure they'll stay up although they have looked like complete walk overs recently.

Maybe Souness is just what they need at this point.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Wow ...

C. Hendry went on to join Rangers?
(i juz checked, he join Dundee before moving to Blackburn)

Hendry was the unsung hero in that title win.
For about five years, he was a top class defender.

Very underrated outside Scotland.

Well apparently Blackburn have upped their asking price for Santa Cruz 20m pounds.Not sure if man city will fall for that one,if they are their just retarded.Im pretty sure they'll stay up although they have looked like complete walk overs recently.

Maybe Souness is just what they need at this point.
Shame they appointed Allardyce, then. :p

I think Santa Cruz will go to Man City, for nearer 15m than 20m, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 181)