[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (7 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
Joey Barton remanded on assault charge

The England midfielder was one of three people arrested
Newcastle and England midfielder Joey Barton has been remanded in custody charged with assault.

The footballer, 25, is accused of common assault and affray and appeared before Liverpool magistrates following an incident in Church Street.

He was arrested on Thursday with his brother Andrew, 19, and Nadine Wilson, 27, from Huyton, Merseyside.

The player will reappear on 3 January and misses the visit to Chelsea and Wednesday's tie with Manchester City.

The court was told that CCTV operators tracked Mr Barton and a group of his friends in Church Street at 0530 GMT on Thursday.

A confrontation was said to have taken place in a McDonald's restaurant.

The player, of Widnes, Cheshire, was outside when an unknown man made a gesture towards him.

Gwyn Lewis, defending, said he was the victim of a "great deal of provocation" and was being "goaded" in the street.

A girl in his group was then assaulted in the street.

The goading was said to have taken the form of taunting over the conviction of his half-brother Michael for the murder of Anthony Walker in 2005.

A spokesman for Newcastle United said the club was not making any comment.

Haven't we all had enough of this prick?

Ascension

Sep 16, 2005
Can anyone tell me the name of the player from Middlesbrough FC with the rasta hair. All I remember is that he had a long name. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:) :pint:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Wow what a game!!!

though i have to say Everton didnt deserve to lose..they were the better team imo...Arteta was the best player on the field..absolutely fantastic player...i cant believe he still plays for Everton..

I think Eduardo deserves another chance upfront after this performance...this is the first time he starts a premier league game in his natural position..and it worked wonders..we would not have won..had it been Adebayor that started upfront..Eduardo had 2 chances and he converted them both..Adebayor needs at least 6 chances to score and apparently he isnt aware of the offside rule..

Bentdner: got his deserved chance..but he completely blew it..

Diaby: The guy has got talent..but his decision making is average at best..he also got his chance today..and proved nothing..he's been at the club for 3 years..and his improvement rate is just not good enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)