[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A nice thank you goes out to Moggi for not going after talents such as Hleb and Rosicky who tear up the Premiership after coming for reasonable prices.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
A nice thank you goes out to Moggi for not going after talents such as Hleb and Rosicky who tear up the Premiership after coming for reasonable prices.
i dont think we've seen the best of hleb yet, certainly not the hleb i used to enjoy watching for belarus and stuttgart

p.s michael duberry is a god, for injuring rooney with a hairline fracture on his left foot and kitson for a leg breaker on evra :D

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
With a few exceptions, very much so yes. Especially in attack, they're a joke.
well wen u pick a 2 yr old who has never played prem and was average in the championship over the top english goalscorer to go to the world cup, i fail to see how sven is so rated despite his success in sweden and lazio, you know what really surprised me about sven? all of his purchases at man city were based on dvd clips and advisors choice, its quite scary how the fact that hes not remotly aware that players like elano, bojinov etc... even existed, and to think that he only wanted chiellini over some dvd clips and to have not even seen the talent for himself is pretty insulting.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
well wen u pick a 2 yr old who has never played prem and was average in the championship over the top english goalscorer to go to the world cup, i fail to see how sven is so rated despite his success in sweden and lazio, you know what really surprised me about sven? all of his purchases at man city were based on dvd clips and advisors choice, its quite scary how the fact that hes not remotly aware that players like elano, bojinov etc... even existed, and to think that he only wanted chiellini over some dvd clips and to have not even seen the talent for himself is pretty insulting.
Out of all Sven fault's a judge talent isnt one of them. I remember watching Seba Veron playing for Sampdoria, wondering how on earth such majestic talent went uunnoticed by Juve, Inter, Milan, Parma, Roma and Lazio. He was also the man who set up a career for Montella by shrewding signing him from city neighbours Genoa. And that is without having the financial clout of then powerful Lazio. But if we are talking about Sven over tactical issue then it is a different matter....

What he is good at is buying a good set of 11 to 15 players and let them have good run of games to keep team on form. I always felt Sven doesnt fully rotate his team enough, anthesis to Ranieri, unless he has some kind of major problem through loss or form and injury epidemic. But that is pretty good trait for a club manager doing well in the league, which is evident from his track record.

Andy

I like Rosicky as a player. But personally I dont think he is kind of player who can be considered "must buy and can't miss talent". I would love to have him in our team over likes of Almiron and Thiago any day of the week, but when Capello was in charge, Rosicky would have made only a marginal difference. I am not a big of Hleb to start with, as I have not seen him for likes of Stuggart so I dont see what the fuss is about. Decent player no doubt. But again, I think Juve can do better with likes of Ronaldo, Quaresma or Nasri. If anythingelse, Fabregas. What good player. I would kill to have him in our team. Special talent.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
I don't know what your problem with Sven is. He was a great manager in Italy and what he did with Lazio was stunning. With England he didn't do shit because nobody can win with that side... nobody.
that is wordage, the enlgish media have had delusions of grandeur for many years and will enver fail to shoot themselves in teh foot. they wanted mclarena nd now they have him, i give it another 6 months before he is out on his arse and they look around and realise that there are really NO top-drawer english managers around

i dno about you but a squad with the calibre of england's strenth, quarter finals is rather pathetic, his tactics at the last world cup was heavily scrutinised by the pundits for the lack of mobility of the midfielders in comparison to argentina's and italy's. i think alot of sven's success rides alot with the huge ammount of money he's spent with clubs like lazio in particular. but i say sven will underachieve this season, thats my bet
take a loook at what you wrote about sven, then replace the word sven with fabio capello. sure he bought success at lazio and has had a lot of cash to spend at most clubs, but you cannot argue with his record. the man is a great manager, and did reasonably well with england. if only their media could see their own shortcomings, sure tehy ahve excellent midfielders but their defense is piss-poor compared to most of the other top nations. would rio ferdinand or gary neville get in the italy squad?i seriously doubt they would even be looked at

But look at their new manager. He also has super midfield, he even dumped Beckham at the beggining, and his results are even worse so far. Maybe its not so much the manager that should be blamed for the failures as the players should be blamed.

But who cares. I wish them many more quarterfinals and not even one semifinal in the next 30 years :D
:toast: nice post man

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
that is wordage, the enlgish media have had delusions of grandeur for many years and will enver fail to shoot themselves in teh foot. they wanted mclarena nd now they have him, i give it another 6 months before he is out on his arse and they look around and realise that there are really NO top-drawer english managers around

take a loook at what you wrote about sven, then replace the word sven with fabio capello. sure he bought success at lazio and has had a lot of cash to spend at most clubs, but you cannot argue with his record. the man is a great manager, and did reasonably well with england. if only their media could see their own shortcomings, sure tehy ahve excellent midfielders but their defense is piss-poor compared to most of the other top nations. would rio ferdinand or gary neville get in the italy squad?i seriously doubt they would even be looked at

:toast: nice post man
Got to love Bozi. You can bet, he is 100% pure Scot, a true decendent of Wallace.:p

But I have to agree with most of what you said. It seems to me Sven is highly underrated by English media. The guy has been desperately unlucky with England in major tournaments. He made England a team very hard to beat. The performance wasn't great, but I think that should be natural, given that most English players struggle to control the ball properly and have the clamness to stick their head up, and see their team-mates. I mean us Japan, not Brasil, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, gave them a lesson on simple give and goes at their BACK-YARD. I think people natural think England has great midfield because of famous names, but I am not so sure about it, because I think the balance is missing, with serious lack of guile, especially if Joe Cole (vastly underrated IMO) is out.

And there is Rio. Most overrated defender I can ever remember. Ah, Alex Fergueson must have felt sick when he bought Ferdinand for god knows how much sum, and realize that Nesta and Canna moved on the for a combined fee less than Rio's. :rofl:

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Got to love Bozi. You can bet, he is 100% pure Scot, a true decendent of Wallace.:p

But I have to agree with most of what you said. It seems to me Sven is highly underrated by English media. The guy has been desperately unlucky with England in major tournaments. He made England a team very hard to beat. The performance wasn't great, but I think that should be natural, given that most English players struggle to control the ball properly and have the clamness to stick their head up, and see their team-mates. I mean us Japan, not Brasil, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, gave them a lesson on simple give and goes at their BACK-YARD. I think people natural think England has great midfield because of famous names, but I am not so sure about it, because I think the balance is missing, with serious lack of guile, especially if Joe Cole (vastly underrated IMO) is out.

And there is Rio. Most overrated defender I can ever remember. Ah, Alex Fergueson must have felt sick when he bought Ferdinand for god knows how much sum, and realize that Nesta and Canna moved on the for a combined fee less than Rio's. :rofl:
the wierd fact is the english think rio is world class:rofl:

aye pure scotsman, have the kilt,hairy arse,clamore and a burning hatred for the english national team. well actually that is unfair as i do admire a hell of a lot of their(forward) players. no, what i mean to say is i hate the english media, teh way they disregard scottish football(not superb but nowehere near as bad as most folk seem to thin), their deluded view of the world order in football9we tought the world how to play this game, we must be the greatest) or their inflated view of the standard of the premiership.

they better enjoy their "moment of glory" as the self-proclaimed "greatest league in the world" because the money will run out eventually, then they will all be forced to take stock and realise that they have stiffled the young talent at their disposal. they will continue to neglect their youth policies in favour of big money signings this happened here, the result? a lacklustre national team who aged with no younger generation to take over.

once the spending stoppped we were left with an inferior product and a big problem at national level, we were forced to turn to youth and are now beginning to harvest the fruits of our labour. we ahve a more competitive league again and a blossoming national team

how many years before england realise they are buying their way to international obscurity?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
the wierd fact is the english think rio is world class:rofl:

aye pure scotsman, have the kilt,hairy arse,clamore and a burning hatred for the english national team. well actually that is unfair as i do admire a hell of a lot of their(forward) players. no, what i mean to say is i hate the english media, teh way they disregard scottish football(not superb but nowehere near as bad as most folk seem to thin), their deluded view of the world order in football9we tought the world how to play this game, we must be the greatest) or their inflated view of the standard of the premiership.

they better enjoy their "moment of glory" as the self-proclaimed "greatest league in the world" because the money will run out eventually, then they will all be forced to take stock and realise that they have stiffled the young talent at their disposal. they will continue to neglect their youth policies in favour of big money signings this happened here, the result? a lacklustre national team who aged with no younger generation to take over.

once the spending stoppped we were left with an inferior product and a big problem at national level, we were forced to turn to youth and are now beginning to harvest the fruits of our labour. we ahve a more competitive league again and a blossoming national team

how many years before england realise they are buying their way to international obscurity?

if you thought that was scary, they still see wes brown as more of a talent than cannavaro :pumpkin:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
I kind of feel sorry for someone like Jamie Carragher,who's much more solid and reliable than Ferdinand,but he continues to be down the pecking order for the NT.Carragher and Terry would be a much better pairing at the back for England than that of Terry and Ferdinand.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I kind of feel sorry for someone like Jamie Carragher,who's much more solid and reliable than Ferdinand,but he continues to be down the pecking order for the NT.Carragher and Terry would be a much better pairing at the back for England than that of Terry and Ferdinand.
o well i just cant wait for carragher to stick it to maclaren and decides to quit the international scene :D 1 less to worry about

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
Don't even mention their goalkeepers.
Their goalkeepers.

well wen u pick a 2 yr old who has never played prem and was average in the championship over the top english goalscorer to go to the world cup, i fail to see how sven is so rated
He could of done the obvious and picked Bent and Vassell and whoever second rate alibi striker but that still would never have taken them beyond a quarter final.
He took a chance, which shows he is not interested in what the "experts" in the media and on the internet has to say about things. I do not think that solely is reason enough to wipe out 25 years of success as a manager.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Their goalkeepers.

He could of done the obvious and picked Bent and Vassell and whoever second rate alibi striker but that still would never have taken them beyond a quarter final.
He took a chance, which shows he is not interested in what the "experts" in the media and on the internet has to say about things. I do not think that solely is reason enough to wipe out 25 years of success as a manager.
the question is could he really carry that success for much longer? or is the signs of picking walcott for the wc squad really just show that he's lost his touch, perhaps like trapattoni who probably couldnt lead a big team to any major honours anymore?

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
But lol. Do you actually think that just because he made one seemingly strange pick he has lost everything that made him what he is? You English... :D
Trappatoni is old and probably senile. He represents a way of football that may have worked in the 30's when he was successful. Svennis hasn't reached that state quite yet.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
But lol. Do you actually think that just because he made one seemingly strange pick he has lost everything that made him what he is? You English... :D
Trappatoni is old and probably senile. He represents a way of football that may have worked in the 30's when he was successful. Svennis hasn't reached that state quite yet.
no choosing walcott was just the pick of the bunch really but tactically he would be quite bewildering, even the commentators would spend 10 minutes wondering what system hes trying to play after a sub has come on, which as a result usually cost him the match, frankly speaking at his last wc england were just so static, having to resort to long balls which crouch was incapable of dealing with another thing the english pundits picked out and really critisised alot on, so perhaps he is becomming senile like trappatoni already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)