[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
loool nah bro, i am just under soooooo much stress and i cant seem to go to sleep cos tomorrow i have two really hard mid terms :faq2: pharmacy
hey man take it easy,you will do fine. hit me up on msn when you have a chance am off for a few days

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
i feel sorry about Sunderland today.
i feel dead sorry for craig gordon, we could have gotten the 9million from a few premiership clubs but roy keane convinced him that they were ambitious:cry: he is far too good for that dross, they cannot do the basics in defending

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I don't like It when someone keep criticizing teams/players/coaches and point his finger at the wrong or bad things they're doing, while on the other hand he's doing nothing but screwing his own team.

Yes, thats right, I'm talking about Roy Keane, I think he should shut the hell up and just focus on his team.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
hey man take it easy,you will do fine. hit me up on msn when you have a chance am off for a few days
You need a Scoth break or vodka. To take the stress off. Trust me mate, it will do you good.
allah ey3eenak mate:)

My midterms arent till next month...good luck.
thanks guys, i really appreciate this. one of themidterms was alright the other was a bit nasty but here is hoping i will get thru (amen)

@bozi: bro just give me till monday and i should be able to get a hold of u for a good chat. i just have one more midterm exam to go and i am free till sat.

@dule90: no hard feelings there bro, i know u do a much better job than me with getting reports about epl games i just felt like doing sth to get my mind off the exams. :toast:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
fred did u get to watch the arsenal game tonight? any way congrats on the win i managed to catch the second half and thought it was a good game.

the chelsea game was just horrible!!!!!!! in every way. the refreeing was rubbish, chelsea was rubbish, and i thought derby played well considering everything.

its a shame i missed man utd;s game i would've loved to see how they lost. my cousin had told me that man utd had 85% possesion at times but they could'nt score from the tonnes of chances they had.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
thanks guys, i really appreciate this. one of themidterms was alright the other was a bit nasty but here is hoping i will get thru (amen)

@bozi: bro just give me till monday and i should be able to get a hold of u for a good chat. i just have one more midterm exam to go and i am free till sat.

@dule90: no hard feelings there bro, i know u do a much better job than me with getting reports about epl games i just felt like doing sth to get my mind off the exams. :toast:
No problem mate. :) Good luck with exams. :D

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
fred did u get to watch the arsenal game tonight? any way congrats on the win i managed to catch the second half and thought it was a good game.

the chelsea game was just horrible!!!!!!! in every way. the refreeing was rubbish, chelsea was rubbish, and i thought derby played well considering everything.

its a shame i missed man utd;s game i would've loved to see how they lost. my cousin had told me that man utd had 85% possesion at times but they could'nt score from the tonnes of chances they had.
ya i did...was a decent game considering we were missing Cesc,Hleb,G.Silva,Flamini,Diaby and RVP...my only complaint was that we didnt manage to create enough chances in the final third..Wigan parked the bus and they defended very well..and like always we leave it till the last 10 minutes to score a goal.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
ya i did...was a decent game considering we were missing Cesc,Hleb,G.Silva,Flamini,Diaby and RVP...my only complaint was that we didnt manage to create enough chances in the final third..Wigan parked the bus and they defended very well..and like always we leave it till the last 10 minutes to score a goal.
thats the problem fred, teams which have no chance to win and are desperate for one point just kill the game and they dont even try to attack or move forward, making the spaces for arsenal ( or any attacking team) very closed, unlike bolton today, they attacked made use of there chance and scored and killed the game after that. good game thou.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Wenger Hails Depleted But Resilient Arsenal

Arsene Wenger was pleased with the resilience of his Arsenal side after they increased their lead at the top of the Premier League to three points by beating dogged Wigan Athletic with two late goals from William Gallas and Tomas Rosicky.

Arsenal extended their unbeaten run to 28 matches in all competitions, despite being without six regulars because of injury and suspension.

Their persistence underlined a determination to sustain their challenge for the title this season.

The win was all the more valuable for Arsenal because Manchester United were unexpectedly beaten 1-0 at the Reebok by Bolton Wanderers.

Wenger said afterwards: "Wigan played well defensively. We needed something special and some patience to find an opening, and Gallas found it.

"He is a forgotten centre-forward because he knows where to be in the box and he can always turn up with a goal when you need it.

"Once again we found the resources to win the game. It is not the first time, so I do not feel it is a coincidence."

Wenger was without Fabregas, Flamini, Hleb, Gilberto, Diaby and Van Persie, so gave starts to Diarra, Denilson and Walcott, although Walcott was carried off 11 minutes from time after a heavy challenge from behind by Emile Heskey.

Wenger revealed that the teenager had suffered no serious damage, and indeed was able to walk out of the stadium in no apparent discomfort later.

"Theo does not look bad," said the Arsenal boss. "The physio told me he had to come off straight away because he was numb as he had been kicked on the nerve."

"He twisted his ankle and we checked on an X-ray, and he looks all right."

Wenger admitted the enforced changes, as well as Wigan's determined approach, stemmed the flow of Arsenal's normal passing game,

He said: "You lose a bit of fluency but I do not feel it is due to a lack of quality in midfield, it is down to the fact they defended extremely well.

"I must say I was surprised how long they did last without giving us an inch and how tight they could mark for 90 minutes.

"It was amazing and the real opening came only once we had scored.

"Once again we kept patience and had to speed the game up."

Wenger added: "It [three point gap] is good for us because it strengthens our belief that we can compete at the top and we need that.

"We have a strong December and every point we can be ahead at the moment can be very good for us."

Meanwhile, Wenger will reportedly be approached by the Football Association's chief executive, Brian Barwick, for his advice on the selection process of the next England manager after the sacking of Steve McClaren.

Of course, Wenger has himself been wanted as England manager in the past, but has always felt that the role should be filled by an Englishman.

Wenger commented: "I felt he [McClaren] needed to qualify to get the country behind him because the country never was behind him.

"Once he did not qualify you knew he had no chance to survive because he did not have enough credit at the start in England."

And the Arsenal boss stressed a point of principle in which he believes.

"I think national football is for representing a country and the culture of a country and the way you see the game. Therefore the leader of your national team should be from England.

"The club football should be open to everybody, but the national team should be completely representative of a country."

goal.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)