[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
What a game it was between Blackburn and Newcastle.The 2nd half in particular was incredible.The more i see of David Bentley,the more impressive he seems.The free kick was brilliant.Newcastle could have so easily snatched a draw out of this one had they finished better.3-1 doesnt really do justice to them IMO.

PS.Tugay looks like he's 60.Atleast.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Enthralling game between Villa and Arsenal with the latter leading 2-1 atm. Entertaining stuff.

What a game it was between Blackburn and Newcastle.The 2nd half in particular was incredible.The more i see of David Bentley,the more impressive he seems.The free kick was brilliant.Newcastle could have so easily snatched a draw out of this one had they finished better.3-1 doesnt really do justice to them IMO.

PS.Tugay looks like he's 60.Atleast.
Bentley's awesome :agree: Probably my favourite English player.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Hleb is having a terrific season. He's really found his feet in the Premiership now and you can see he's playing with a lot more confidence.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Hleb is having a terrific season. He's really found his feet in the Premiership now and you can see he's playing with a lot more confidence.
Yeah, but comparing him to some of the best players ever is going a bit far.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fantastic first half performance by Arsenal..the linking up between Hleb , Eboue, Rosicky and Adebayor was fantastic...Hleb was absolutely fantastic.

The second half was a different story..you could see how O'Neil motivated his team..they were playing at such a high pace,and i felt we struggled to keep up with them...Toure and Gallas had a horrid time trying to handle Carew..and Ashley Young who was my MOM, completely outplayed Sagna..dribbling right and left and whipping in alot of dangerous crosses...Kudos to Clichy though he completely took Agbonlahor out of the game...It has become evident to me that our midfield cant function with both Hleb and Cesc out..we were missplacing passes everywhere..The Sevilla game will testify to that too.

Hleb, Clichy and Flamini i felt were our best players...while Young and Carew were immense for Villa..i'd say Young was the MOM though.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah, but comparing him to some of the best players ever is going a bit far.
agreed...but you can always count on Arsenal players being overrated,now that we're top of the English premiership..all of a sudden you start reading about what a top Striker Adebayor is..and what a great keeper Almunia is:disagree:

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Spurs cant defend to save their lives.They've got such good players upfront,but they always fuck it up at the back.Birmingham did do well however.Maybe it was the new manager factor,but they definatley had something about them.

I watched some of the Liverpool game too.They won,so that kinda sucked,but it was good to see Kewell back.He looked very good out there.Crouch was effective...and Reina is just plain stupid.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Arsenal's bubble will burst​

I keep asking questions about Arsenal like 'When is the bubble going to burst?’ Because I don’t honestly believe that they can go through the season and win The Premier League. I think teams will suss them out, and a team with a little bit more quality, if they step into their faces like Aston Villa did in the second half, will find them out.

Villa might have deserved a draw in the end. Obviously Arsenal could have scored three or four in the first half but they are only the width of a crossbar away from drawing this game. Credit to Arsenal they have shown two sides. Wonderful flowing football in the first half and they had to dig in and grit out a result and they have done it yet again.

Martin O’Neill livened Villa up at half-time, he has obviously got into them and told them the commitment wasn’t good enough. I’m not saying they didn’t try enough in the first half, they just didn’t go about it the right way. They channelled their energy wrong. But they got onto Arsenal in the second half, got right into their faces and made tackles. We didn’t see them make tackles in the first half but second half they were all over them. I tell you what, it is an eye-opener for the rest of The Premier League, because if there is any way to beat Arsenal it is to not let them play. If you let them play against you they will beat any team in this division.

Arsenal were always in control in the first half, passing it around well. They make the pitch massive when they are on the ball, they take chances on the football because they know they will score two or three goals if teams sit off them. You always felt Arsenal were so comfortable, they never changed, never panicked and everyone was just controlled and passing the ball to each other. They were inter-changing the positions and Villa couldn’t cope with them.

Villa needed little tugs here and there, breaking up the rhythm of Arsenal’s play, because they were playing how they wanted. The only time the play was stopped in the first half was when Arsenal had a shot at Aston Villa’s goal, and that can’t happen, they have to make tackles and do niggly fouls here and there.

When you look at Arsenal’s reaction to Carew’s tackle on Hleb, it happens that you react like that with the referee, I have done it before. It happens in the heat of a game that you get over excitable, but the referees and the powers that be have got to react to it. Chelsea got punished for it, so you could probably find that Arsenal will get punished

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Blogs/A...-Sherwood/2007/11/Arsenals-bubble-will-burst/

At last some objective view about us in the English media, to be honest i'm sick and tired of all the knee jerk reactionists that have jumped on the Arsenal bandwagon this year...

As an Arsenal fan i'd like to believe we will win the premiership..and that our bubble wont burst..but thinking of it objectively..well how far can you get when you have players like Almunia in between the sticks? who imo doesnt stand a chance of being back up for any other big team..and players like Adebaoyor who goes on a rich vein of form scoring in every game for a month..then stops scoring for another month..and spends his time missing sitters,running like a headless chicken and chasing shadows for the majority of the game...Then you have Rosicky who is made out of glass...And i am yet to see how we will react to our first domestic defeat..only then will i be ready to jump on the bandwagon of Arsenal winning the league.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
quick question for you guys. just what is roy keane on?

sunderlands defending last week(and all season tbh) has been abysmal,craig gordon produced several top-class saves to keep the scoreline down to 7(could ahve been 11 or 12 easily) so what does keane do?drill the defence all week?drop a CB and bring in someone with more desire?no! he drops the keeper that stopped the scoreline being a record beater.

i can only imagine gordon must have berated everyone and has been dropped through a personality clash

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Speaking of keepers

Wenger tips Almunia for Spain call up:dielaugh:

IMO if Spain called up 10 keepers..Almunia wouldnt be good enough to be one of them...We should have went for Gordon, huh Bozman?

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Speaking of keepers

Wenger tips Almunia for Spain call up:dielaugh:

IMO if Spain called up 10 keepers..Almunia wouldnt be good enough to be one of them...We should have went for Gordon, huh Bozman?
well mate i am biased ( i am like rab and delipe when i comes to craigy g) but i seen him first hand many times and i honestly think he is right out of the top drawer. for me almunia is a good back-up but he aint no seaman, hell he aint as good as alex maninger was for you and he had to move on(and down) to get regular football. if you lot were to get a top-class keeper then i would defo take your title chances a lot more seriously, could gordon be good enough?i imagine so but will you spend so much ona keeper that has impressed in a struggling team?:money: :money:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
we were interested in Gordon from what i recall..but the only real obstacle was his price..no way Wenger would ever spend on a gk like that..which is probably why we ended up going for the relatively unexperienced and unknown Fabianski

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
I dont know understand where all the doubts are coming from. Is it because they are a young team? Its December and they still havenot lost in the league and have played manchester United and Liverpool consecutively.

They have gone to Villa, a decent side, okay not top draw, but have played them off the park for 45 minutes scoring 2 goals and should have been more if not for elaboration.

Who cares about how good or otherwise Almunia is? He is decent and that is enough for a side that dominates not a team that plays on the counter attack relying on defence and goal keeper.

The beat Villa without Fabregas, Van Persie and Hleb (30 mins)

They also have a game in hand are still 5 points ahead of Chelsea and Liverpool.

Wenger has won the premiership before on numerous occasions so he knows what he is doing but ppl wanna harp on the negatives.

Man United went to Bolton without Scholes, Ronaldo and Rooney and lost Arsenal went to a far better side without players just as influential and they won.

When Man united won at Villa, they did so with the goal keeper sent off and Villa did put them under pressure as well, its not like you are not gonna expect Villa to pressurise you at some point at Villa park and they did beat Mourinho's Chelsea 2-0, lets not forget that.

Call Adebayor what you like but the mofo works hard, he is not a Trez or Owen that offer nothing but goals, he works for his team. Not too long ago Drogba was being ridiculed look at him now (hands up any centre forward in the world better than the Drog).

People can wait all they want for the bubble to burst cos i got the feeling that it wont as they have showed tremendous character, coming from behind to beat fulham in first game, coming from behind twice to draw with man united, liverpool and coming from behind to beat Villa.

This is a side that should worry its rivals and delight its fans as they are here to stay as far as I can see

rounder

Blindman
Jun 13, 2007
First , Man u and Arsenal were the real contenders . Arsenal are managing to win games having to afford benching half their main team . Rught now , they look unstoppable and Wenger's long awaited scheme has finally come together ,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)