[ENG] Premiership 2007/2008 (63 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
That's because there is no punishment for breaking someone's leg. A real punishment for that would be to suspend someone for 6 months, probably as long as it takes the injured player to come back. But people don't want harsh suspensions like that, they say it can happen to anyone and it's just bad luck.
Yeah , that happened in Croatian league last weekend , a player who broke the other players leg got a six month ban

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Hleb is now banned for three matches for slapping Murty on the face, the ref didnt catch it. The way i see it, thats disgraceful, as Taylor who broke Eduardo's leg and possibly affected his career permanently got the same punishment :disagree:
It's all about intent.

Hleb deliberate slapped Murty.

Taylor is not seen to have intended to hurt Eduardo.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
It's all about intent.

Hleb deliberate slapped Murty.

Taylor is not seen to have intended to hurt Eduardo.
for me this is bullshit, the english media keeps going on about how he is a not a dirty player etc..the simple fact of the matter is taylor DID set out to do eduardo, you wanna know how i know this? simple!

anyone who has ever played the game will tell you it is very easy to get caught out by a players pace, it is very easy to get caught out by a players skill and it is very easy to get caught out by a players vision.

but, when you mis-time a tackle on a player and catch him you always end up catching the leg playing the ball, that is because you went for the ball, mis-timed it and caught the leg, easily done.
watch the tackle again and it is plain to see that taylor snaps the standing leg, that is not mis-timed, that is malicious

soulslider

Rregula sound
May 16, 2006
for me this is bullshit, the english media keeps going on about how he is a not a dirty player etc..the simple fact of the matter is taylor DID set out to do eduardo, you wanna know how i know this? simple!

anyone who has ever played the game will tell you it is very easy to get caught out by a players pace, it is very easy to get caught out by a players skill and it is very easy to get caught out by a players vision.

but, when you mis-time a tackle on a player and catch him you always end up catching the leg playing the ball, that is because you went for the ball, mis-timed it and caught the leg, easily done.
watch the tackle again and it is plain to see that taylor snaps the standing leg, that is not mis-timed, that is malicious
:tup:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That's because there is no punishment for breaking someone's leg. A real punishment for that would be to suspend someone for 6 months, probably as long as it takes the injured player to come back. But people don't want harsh suspensions like that, they say it can happen to anyone and it's just bad luck.

Imagine if the biggest punishment for a road accident you could get is the biggest speeding ticket they give out. It's the same kind of situation, all they can do is give the biggest suspension in their rulebook, nothing more.
true. but they should make a punishment, because this isnt the first time this happens in the EPL. And if they keep on being this lenient, it certainly wont be the last time.

Very True

Father ? .. cousin ? Far nephew ?
Unfortunately Mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)