[ENG] Premier League 2015/2016 (20 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Only in highlights. Klopp's gegenpressing is a risky endeavor. One that works if the opposition is clueless, otherwise it backfires. In that game, it was defo more City's undoing based on highlights and Neville's analysis.

I saw how it got reyped by Leicester's recently.

Fernandinho is alright, not great or WC. Toure is finished. Fernando and Delph should be nowhere near the starting XI of a top team.
Exactly. it showcased just how limited that team is in midfield, where as smarter coaches found ways around it. As you said, for example leicester.

City does the idiotic thing of trowing in expensive players but not bother to see wether they fit togheter. Toure for example, should be a forward marauder, with a complete cm and a playmaking cm to back him up, both of then beeing defensively good.

- - - Updated - - -

Toure backed by Modric and Nainggolan for example

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I could have seen a 3-0 for Leicester today before that red card.

Also, it's obviously hindsight but I don't like the sub of both Okazaki and Mahrez. You have to keep one, not just for the chance of a goal but because they can draw fouls and the referee could be influenced to even the match at 10 men.

And ya, Kante is better than anyone Arsenal has in their midfield. Kind of shocking how he can boss them so easily. Actually it's not shocking lol. I think Arsenal's roster is so poor that they might even be overachieving.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Link me :D

Love the way these guys just talk about other teams footballers :D
This thread. Pep's Targets. http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/peps-targets.318281/ :rofl: They think that at minimum Pep will have 300 million to spend this summer, most of them are talking like it's a guarantee they will sign one of Pogba or Neymar, some of them think it'd be possible to sign both. It's hilarious. One guy is saying that it would be hard to pull players from Madrid, Barca, Bayern, so they should focus on Juve and Dortmund, teams they should be able to sign 2 starters from each of. :lol:

This post for example that they seem to think is a realistic one because it doesn't include Neymar and Messi, they're going to get Dybala and Alex Sandro from Juve, Weigl and Gundogan from Dortmund... + Stones. :lol:

Thinking of realistic targets, ie. not the best Barca/Real/Bayern/PSG players, at a good age (ages below are at start of next season), with some versatility and without having to fork out fantasy money. I'd be looking to 'raid' 2 players each from Juve and Dortmund in addition to Stones and the return of Denayer

What is needed?
Defense: Another CB and quick technical fullbacks
Midfield: More ballplayers - Pep loves them and we don't have m/any. Multiple CMs are needed.
Attack: If your CM 3 is tasked with dominating the ball, your front 3 all need a high goalthreat. Kun and KDB have that. Sterling is still a WIP and will still play a large roll but it's clear to me we need a RW. We also need quality Aguero cover - something difficult to do unless you find someone with the versatility to play both RW and ST. I'd love Isco at City but he's no ST.

RB/CB:
(Jason Denayer)
Quick and has shown he has excellent technical ability.
Loan Return

LB:
Alex Sandro,
Attack-minded fullback
Age 25
Guesstimate Price: £25m

CB/DM:
John Stones
Ball playing CB capable of being moulded to cover DM
Guesstimate Price: £40-50m (could depend upon him handing in a transfer request)

DM/CM:
Julien Weigl
The Busquets/Alonso analogue
Guesstimate Price: £22m (quoted price 2 months ago)

CM/DM:
Iklay Gundogan
The Xavi/Alcantara analogue
Guesstimate Price: £20-25m (12 months remaining on current contract in summer)

RW/ST:
Paulo Dybala
Goalscoring wideman and perfect Aguero cover
Guesstimate Price: over £40m (They paid €32m + €8m in add-ons so we'd be looking at quite a bit more)

Eg. team:

Taking for granted Kompany is injured:

Hart
--Denayer---Stones--Otamendi---Sandro
Weigl
------Silva-----Gundogan-
---Dybala----Aguero---De Bruyne​

Subs: Caballero, Zabaleta, Clichy, Fernandinho, Nasri, Sterling, Iheanacho​

In the event Kompany, Weigl, Gundogan, Silva, and Aguero are injured

Hart
-Zabaleta--Denayer--Otamendi---Sandro
Stones
-------Nasri----Fernandinho
De Bruyne---Dybala----Sterling​

Subs: Caballero, Sagna, Clichy, A. Garcia, Delph, EDS AM, Iheanacho,

Sold:
Demichelis
Mangala
Kolarov
Fernando
Toure
Navas
Bony

Just my 2 pence...​
- - - Updated - - -

And then there are great posts like this where they're getting Busquets, Pogba, Dybala, Isco:
Keylor Navas > Joe Hart
John Stones > Eliaquim Mangala
Cristiano Piccini > Bacary Sagna
Ricardo Rodriguez > Aleks Kolarov
Sergio Busquets > Fabian Delph
Paul Pogba > Yaya Toure
Paulo Dybala > Wilfried Bony
Isco > Samir Nasri
:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Or:

Valdes
Laporte
Pogba
Alaba
Neymar
Gundogan
Sane
Piccini

That would be my dream summer
Gaya, pogba, gundogan, Isco, Laporte, sane

My guesses for pep signings
Lewandowski, Reus, Pogba, Verratti - in The summer- 250£ mil, Money that we have. With Denayer, Maffeo and Angelino in The squad we should know by The winter where we stand with The defence
:rofl:

Oh god, this one takes the cake:

I firmly believe Messi will wear no 10 for us next season. But I don't feel the midfield are doing enough for Kun at the moment.
And:
gundogan, gaya, pogba, stones and messi!

Fuck it! I think which ever way city will go apeshit to keep pep happy this summer! I would look at moving otamendi possibly to rb.

Hart
Otamendi
Vinny
Stones
Gaya
Pogba
Gundogan
De bruyne
Silva
Messi
Aguero

Yep, that would do for me!!

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
Their deluded fans post on espnfc and goal all the time. Evidently Pogba and Sandro are all theirs and Dybala is theirs in the unlikely scenario where Messi and Neymar turn them down. They make Arsenal fans seem sane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)