[ENG] Premier League 2015/2016 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It does kind of, we haven't got second since 2005. I mean obviously I want us to challenge for the title, but even if we do make the right signings, it will be extremely difficult to dislodge Chelsea. So if we didn't win the title, obviously getting second is financially and in terms of morale a much better option than getting third or fourth.

I'll disregard the Vidal comment :p

I wouldn't want Pjanic, he's exactly the sort of player we don't lack. If we bring in a midfielder, it has to be someone with defensive capabilities. To be honest it wouldn't be a huge disaster if we don't bring in a top midfielder, Coquelin was amazing in the second half of the season, if he keeps that form up, he'd be good enough. We need to bring in a top quality striker, we also need a goalkeeper, and two signings I'd really want us to make, but that will almost surely not happen is a centerback and a leftback.
A quality CF should be your top priority imo, Jackson Martinez would be huge for you guys.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
dude that joke has been flying around on the internet for a couple of days now :D

- - - Updated - - -

I found it quite funny to hear a west ham fan calling into talk sport quite disappointed by this appointment yet he expected ancelotti or someone of his calibre
:howler: From Allardyce to Ancelotti 2:

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
icemaη;4971935 said:
:howler: From Allardyce to Ancelotti 2:
it wasn't long ago west ham fans were calling for allardyce's head because west ham were no longer in contention for the champions league spot. seriously we talk about how delusional arsenal, man ure and liverpoo fans are, west ham are clearly no different

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I really feel sorry for him. Though one could argue, that there's nothing to feel sorry for, I mean he was lucky enough to be at a club who despite all his injuries, kept extending his contract. He's 29 now and has barely mustered 129 appearances in 9 seasons, and he was getting paid handsomely for sitting on the treatment table season after season.

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005
I really feel sorry for him. Though one could argue, that there's nothing to feel sorry for, I mean he was lucky enough to be at a club who despite all his injuries, kept extending his contract. He's 29 now and has barely mustered 129 appearances in 9 seasons, and he was getting paid handsomely for sitting on the treatment table season after season.
I would go to church
so many injuries

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
icemaη;4972326 said:
When does Wenger's contract expire? Do you think he'll leave if you guys win a league title?
He has another two years.

He's not one to reveal his thinking to the media, you never know what's going on in the old man's head. Tough to predict what he'll decide come 2017 when his contract is up, one thing is for sure though, the board is in love with him, so if he decides he wants to stay, then he will stay.

Arsenal fans are pretty divided on him; my opinion is that he's built this club to what it is right now, but he's stagnated and made some pretty poor decisions in the past few years. With the kind of finances we have, he has no more excuse not to win the title in the next two years. Yes, we're behind Chelsea in terms of squad, but we're in a better position financially than they are, and if Wenger invests properly there's no reason why we can't win the title in the coming years.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Couldn't find the Anelka or Viera thread so here will do.
@Fred

"after a game against Fulham, where I missed an easy chance on goal, Viera looked at me on the pitch as if to say this isnt over. Later in the change rooms we were having a shower, I sat down and Viera came near me. Out of nowhere he slapped me in the face with his penis. It was like being slapped by a 35cm Salmon. Later Wenger said that is why he is captain referring to his lower region".
CIT Anelka

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)