Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eljo

Nov 29, 2013

You know our CM situation is bad when you two are trying to excuse it by playing a fullback and a winger who never played there as possible solutions

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Ah, thats like the worst worst case scenario, i give it 1% it could happen, that we need it. I think our midfield is perfectly fine generally and Khedira-Marchisio-Pjanić can win us CL. Lemina can be useful as can be Asa and Sturaro already proved his worth to this team. Add Hernanes, who can definitely play against bottom 12/13 teams in Serie A and I think we could reach our goals this year.

There clearly weren't any "Juve-worthy" CMs on the market that we could realistically get. Im sure Beppe tried to enhance our midfield, Pjanić for one is a huge creative upgrade. Let's see how it works during the season.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
If Pjanic-Khedira-Marchisio were all fit and healthy and barely injured, then we could make a case for this being a great midfield but this is just an ideal scenario.

We have one player who'll be coming back off an ACL injury. One player who has to integrate into the team and fully get used to his new role. And finally one player who has been sort of start-stop for like a good 2-3 years. Taking all these factors into consideration, it doesn't exactly fill you with confidence that we could win CL with this midfield. Not to mention that midfield is not exactly the most athletic midfield either.

Actually, I hope we don't play A Pjanic-Khedira-Marchisio midfield against a big CL opponent.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Athletic?

Was Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta super athletic? Nope. Even less so during the days of Xavi instead of Rakitic.

Is Casemiro/Isco-Kroos-Modric super athletic? Nope.

Marchisio-Pjanic-Khedira easily has enough athleticism. You don't have to be an Olympic level sprinter to be athletic. That midfield trio would be brilliant against big sides. The football IQ there would be off the charts.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a really big risk to take if you're going all out for the CL. Why risk it?

And sorry, but you betting on it doesn't exactly make my worries go away. :D
We risk it because Beppe made a poor choice last summer in selling Vidal. Should have sold that dabbing twat instead and made Vidal a long-term offer, regardless of his off-field issues.

You can worry Klin. My good Juju will make sure Khedira is a beast all year.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
My guess is that although the probability is lower than 25%, I think its still possible we could nip Matuidi at the last minute. If not, I think we will get Witsel.

Cuadrado is probably a 70% chance we can close a loan deal at the last minute.

In other news.....

Chelsea have supposedly tried to LOAN James but got knocked back. Remember that James is on a big salary. He gets paid what Higuain gets paid. My guess is that one of Kovacic, Isco or James will not be playing for Real Madrid this season. I think one of them could be an opportunistic transfer. A CM and Cuadrado are our priorities but I can see a potential loan deal for one of those 3 players as an opportunity. Remember that Arsenal have made their 2 big acquisitions, Chelsea is not offering champions league football and I doubt Tottenham, ManU or Man City will either want or be interested in those players. This is an outside chance but I rate the chance at less than 20%.

Imagine we end the mercato with Matuidi, Cuadrado and a loan deal for Isco/James. That would definitely be close to a 10/10 mercato.
Chelsea is gambling with us over Quadrado demanding option to buy to become mandatory after a certain number of appearances.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Athletic?

Was Rakitic-Busquets-Iniesta super athletic? Nope. Even less so during the days of Xavi instead of Rakitic.

Is Casemiro/Isco-Kroos-Modric super athletic? Nope.

Marchisio-Pjanic-Khedira easily has enough athleticism. You don't have to be an Olympic level sprinter to be athletic. That midfield trio would be brilliant against big sides. The football IQ there would be off the charts.

- - - Updated - - -

We risk it because Beppe made a poor choice last summer in selling Vidal. Should have sold that dabbing twat instead and made Vidal a long-term offer, regardless of his off-field issues.

You can worry Klin. My good Juju will make sure Khedira is a beast all year.
Please do not compare midfields of other teams who play in different setups in different systems with different style of play.

We are a team that like to dominate but also sit deep when required. When you go from a Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba midfield to Khedira-Marchisio-Pjanic, you know you've lost a lot of athleticism in midfield. There is no two ways about it. No one says we need Olympic sprinters in midfield, don't try to stupidly exaggerate everything. It's as silly as when you were saying Pogba was levels above Iniesta before he got sold.

People having concerns about this current midfield is totally justified considering injury issues.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Why can't Khedira be relied upon? ...
since his arrival, juve had 40 serie a matches. khedira missed 18 :shifty: :D

we won 21 and drew 1 with him, though. that's ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

...When you go from a Vidal-Marchisio-Pogba midfield to Khedira-Marchisio-Pjanic, you know you've lost a lot of athleticism in midfield. There is no two ways about it. ...

People having concerns about this current midfield is totally justified considering injury issues.
:tup:

let's hope max learned from last season's overflow of injuries.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
At this point Matuidi or Witsel wouldn't be the end of the world.

Key CMs - 1) Khedira, 2) Marchisio, 3) Pjanic, 4) Matuidi/Witsel, 5) Asamoah, 6) Lemina + Sturaro & Mandragora (who both wouldn't make the UCL cut).

That should be good for 3 positions in midfield especially since the first 4 have adequate experience and dependability with their respective national teams / UCL.

Having Cuadrado as someone said above, also gives us the option to revert to different systems if we face a CM injury crisis that compromises the quality of the overall mids.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
So there are some reports that Lichtsteiner said that he wants to leave, because he is not happy with the situation. If so, hope we sell him somewhere where he will not be able to play CL this year, after that we should get Fabinho.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Has Benatia ever played as a right back in a back 4 before? If we get Cuadrado we would have the wing back situation still covered. But if Alves is not available we would need a right back. Its a little late in the window for that.

- - - Updated - - -

So there are some reports that Lichtsteiner said that he wants to leave, because he is not happy with the situation. If so, hope we sell him somewhere where he will not be able to play CL this year, after that we should get Fabinho.
By the way, he has 1 year left on his contract. He may not want to leave but he probably does not want to renew and then he can pick his club after the season.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Interesting that Mourinho regarded Khedira as the best holding midfielder back in 2012 prior to his cruciate ligament injury. Who was it that claimed it was absurd to call Khedira world class again?

We've been using him with great succes as more of a box-box midfielder, but it shows that our midfied possess a lot of flexibility, and therefore we should rather target a central midfielder where quality > position/role.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Agreed. Khedira is very much an under-rated player. Solid in possession, works hard, and is very intelligent at getting himself in the right places to score.

Shame about how injury prone he is! If the guy went through an entire season with limited injuries, he would only be better.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I dont think anyone here doubt the quality of Khedira - He is a great player who has an injury problem!
Marchisio is the one who is overrated to me even if he is a great player, he is not as great as this forum makes of him...
IMO our midfield quality is now: 1. Pjanic 2. Khedira 3. Marchisio
IMO we need 1 great player who is equal or better than Khedira to complete our mid since Khedira gets injured from time to time and Marchisio sometimes takes his ghostish approach...

Jul 13, 2010
so if hernanes to genoa and we bring witsel/matuidi+cuadrado, that leaves us with sturaro being the worst first team player. is he the best 'worst first-team player' on earth?

my point is
as with social welfare in any country, you are as good as your weakest people are.
so to lift the welfare quality in any country you have to lift the lifes of the poorest
and to lift the quality of the team you have to improve with worst players - having stars in the team is irrelevant

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
so if hernanes to genoa and we bring witsel/matuidi+cuadrado, that leaves us with sturaro being the worst first team player. is he the best 'worst first-team player' on earth?
my point is
as with social welfare in any country, you are as good as your weakest people are.
so to lift the welfare quality in any country you have to lift the lifes of the poorest
and to lift the quality of the team you have to improve with worst players - having stars in the team is irrelevant
You can't win with 25 sturaro's.
Having stars in the team is very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)