Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Not a fan of the price (and his age) but it is hilarious how badly people are underrating Matuidi. Very solid, defensively strong B2B CM, who can chip in with the odd assist and goal here and there - he would fit our team like a glove. Not flashy enough for the flair'n'fancy obsessed plebs on this here forum. And we need a bit more reliable grunt in midfield after Dabphaggot left us.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Does Nainggolan have a release clause? Is there any chance we can sign him?
He will never accept the move.That Mongoloid face just hate us.Fuck him.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, not more than 12M. But I like Paredes, he's talented and the sort of creative midfielder we lack when Pjanic cant play. Young, has potential, to be groomed and with 1/5 of the wages Matuidi will make.

And if he doesnt work out, we'll sell him for basically the same price.

Him or a similar profile, as I said before. I just dont think Matuidi is right player or even the right kind of player we need. Honestly, should a fit Asa be benched for him?
No,he isn't talented at all.He was loaned everywhere till this year.He is not a Juve material.Less than average player.

- - - Updated - - -

Matuidi will cover for juves other mids the same way makele covered real madrids mids. Why do you think paratici wants him? You don't need 10 technically skilled players to be successful but you do need players to compliment each other. Matuidi does that.
True but for what price? PSG owners are trying to be funny by asking 40 mil. for him.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Get Hector Herrera then get Porto in the group stage - Walk through them into the knockouts... (although we would probably do so even without taking Herrera from them)

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
Matuidi is no ordinary player. I for one have been wanting him at Juve since forever ago. Now that he's 29 and had a quiet Euro's he's not as hot a commodity but FFS he's not average or even above average. He's one of the best midfielders in the world at his role and would be amazing for our team for at least the next 3 years. Don't even bring up resale value. This is football and we win trophies. Investments are for Arsenal.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Matuidi is no ordinary player. I for one have been wanting him at Juve since forever ago. Now that he's 29 and had a quiet Euro's he's not as hot a commodity but FFS he's not average or even above average. He's one of the best midfielders in the world at his role and would be amazing for our team for at least the next 3 years. Don't even bring up resale value. This is football and we win trophies. Investments are for Arsenal.
Just wondering what is so great about him that makes him one of the best in his role in your opinion (Not saying he sucks or anything...)
I personally think he is a good player but nothing special - I would certainly play Marchisio Khedira and Pjanic over him but not sure if to get Lemina in or Matuidi since the later is obviously better but the first is young and it could help him develop and increase his value on the field and market wise

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
Just wondering what is so great about him that makes him one of the best in his role in your opinion (Not saying he sucks or anything...)
I personally think he is a good player but nothing special - I would certainly play Marchisio Khedira and Pjanic over him but not sure if to get Lemina in or Matuidi since the later is obviously better but the first is young and it could help him develop and increase his value on the field and market wise
Watch Matuidi play with PSG or with France before these last Euro's where Deschamps murdered the potential of the midfield with his tactics - look at Pogba and how poorly he played.

Simply put, Matuidi has a presence that can be felt in the middle of the park. I'm sure as a Juve fan you've watched those matches when Marchisio has gone invisible for an entire half or an entire game. That is simply not the case with Matuidi. He has the energy, the pace, the dribbling capacity, even the flair to turn a quick counter attack into a goalscoring opportunity. This cannot be said of Pogba, as I'm sure you've also witnessed him slow down our counter attack's last year with his stutter style dribbling and movement only to make a decent pass or end up losing the ball.

Matuidi will fit and he'll really bring this team together in a way few would have expected. We'll be much more fluid with him and I'd put him in our starting eleven as much as I'd put Marchisio or Khedira in the team.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
Exactly. Matuidi has quality no one posses in our current midfield squad – he makes a lot of direct runs, covers ground. We really need it, especially if we want to play 4 at the back and Pjanic somewhere.
He might no be as intelligent player as Khedira (few are) or great metronome as Marchisio, but I can see him walking in our current midfield and make it a lot stronger.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Watch Matuidi play with PSG or with France before these last Euro's where Deschamps murdered the potential of the midfield with his tactics - look at Pogba and how poorly he played.

Simply put, Matuidi has a presence that can be felt in the middle of the park. I'm sure as a Juve fan you've watched those matches when Marchisio has gone invisible for an entire half or an entire game. That is simply not the case with Matuidi. He has the energy, the pace, the dribbling capacity, even the flair to turn a quick counter attack into a goalscoring opportunity. This cannot be said of Pogba, as I'm sure you've also witnessed him slow down our counter attack's last year with his stutter style dribbling and movement only to make a decent pass or end up losing the ball.

Matuidi will fit and he'll really bring this team together in a way few would have expected. We'll be much more fluid with him and I'd put him in our starting eleven as much as I'd put Marchisio or Khedira in the team.
I like it
:agree:

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
curva on vs:
- matuidi close for 30m
- matuidi, cuadrado in + zaza, hernanes and maybe marrone out -> market closed. at least that´s the plan. he didn´t sound very optimistic regarding hernanes ^^.

khalidkassim

Feb 2, 2007
Exactly. Matuidi has quality no one posses in our current midfield squad – he makes a lot of direct runs, covers ground. We really need it, especially if we want to play 4 at the back and Pjanic somewhere.
He might no be as intelligent player as Khedira (few are) or great metronome as Marchisio, but I can see him walking in our current midfield and make it a lot stronger.
Direct. Thats what I wanted to stay. He's direct in his attacks, in his passing and thats what we've been missing! Too much dilly dally last season. We need to take the game to the opposition and be more lethal. With Pjanic, Higuain and Matuidi we're set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)