Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Did you like Morata when the deal was announced? :D
Honestly? Nope. I thought the potential was exciting but his price insane.

It paid off. Here's the catch now, though. Morata turned out to be brilliant and a WC player in the making. I thought we'd replace him with a shapen player and not another potential (or just a bigger question mark) at this point. Seeing Morata go hurt a lot. I don't know if that pain can be absorbed by Pjaca, if you know what I mean.

But then again, I assume our coach wants to use Dybala - Mandzukic partnership. Judging by that I doubt we wanna sign any key player (fingers crossed for Cavani) so the best we can hope for is a huge talent that gets his chance on a spoon. From that angle I don't mind this transfer one bit.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He might be a huge potential but I'm gonna be really disappointed if he's Morata replacement.
if we sign Pjaca, i think we might sign an additional offensive player. we are overstacked in midfield but a bit thin in attack, which is why i think we will sell 2-3 mids and add an additional striker.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Honestly? Nope. I thought the potential was exciting but his price insane.

It paid off. Here's the catch now, though. Morata turned out to be brilliant and a WC player in the making. I thought we'd replace him with a shapen player and not another potential (or just a bigger question mark) at this point. Seeing Morata go hurt a lot. I don't know if that pain can be absorbed by Pjaca, if you know what I mean.

But then again, I assume our coach wants to use Dybala - Mandzukic partnership. Judging by that I doubt we wanna sign any key player (fingers crossed for Cavani) so the best we can hope for is a huge talent that gets his chance on a spoon. From that angle I don't mind this transfer one bit.
€20m at the time was pretty reasonable i guess. We'll pay equal for Pjaca since Napoli just offered them €25m. I would love to sign Cavani as well but that wouldn't be a Morata replacement - that would be a first team player - a Mandzukic replacement. Pjaca and Morata aren't exactly same kind of players but since Morata was second choice to Mandzukic and Pjaca will come second choice to Dybala, Pjaca will just fill in after Morata. Although Pjaca is a true LW he will perhaps offer Max some tactical options playing 433 with Dybala on the right.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
If the player not willing to go to Napoli they can't force him and may have to settle for a lower fee(18-20M) and let him go.
If they want to make profit on him NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)