Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
How much would Rakitic cost if he was on the market? 45m?
The idiotic rumor made notice of 50mil beeing enough. Rakitic just turned 28, so in 'tuz valuation that is 33 and on his final legs.

- - - Updated - - -

Pogba is probably worth more than Verratti right now, even though I think Verratti is the better player.
He is, but its impossible to sign Verratti.

Juve build the hell out of Pogba, imagine what verratti would become

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I dunno. Rakitic has always impressed me a lot whenever I've watched him which is only in CL games and the Euro. Given that we've signed Pjanic though, you would hope any Pogba replacement were more physically imposing and had a good ability to win the ball back. Mascherano would have been perfect for us.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The fascination is definitely his potential - he could be a top 5 player in the game. It isn't often that you can find technically gifted players with elite vision, and shooting player. If he develops, his ceiling is Francesco Totti.

Perfect Mercato for me if we sell Pogba (assuming the sales of Pereyra)
-James
-Cuadrado
-CDM such as Biglia, Mascherano, Matic, Allan, Carvalho
-1 Striker: Mario Gomez, Benzema, Lacazette, Bacca, Sanchez, Icardi, Benteke
Hugely underwhelming strategy for the rest of the mercato if we potentially end up with the likes of Benteke

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Juve build the hell out of Pogba, imagine what verratti would become
That's depressing, considering how we penny-pinched for a couple of million. Marotta's biggest blunder so far. Just imagine a midfield of Pogba-Verrati-Pjanic.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen Verratti much but most would agree with you.

My point is that if we're spending that much on Higgers I'd rather we spent it on Verrati
I am not even sure PSG would take 120m for Verratti or a straight swap. Such a deal would also make sense because Verratti is Italian and Pogba is French.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
You must be the mentally challenged one if you can't read. I said isco is a better fit for our systems than James is which is why I'd sooner go for the former.
He's not. He can't defend neither has the stamina to run b2b. James has better physicality, better technique, better passing and shooting. With a little discipline, james can be a beast. Isco just doesn't have it.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Lets please not consider big black forwards just cause they are belgian and thus are exceptionally hyped

Benteke, lukaku and to some extend origi, are absolutely not worth our attention

Batshuayi would have been nice, but it didnt happen, which is not a big deal, move along.

Mar 3, 2014
Lets please not consider big black forwards just cause they are belgian and thus are exceptionally hyped

Benteke, lukaku and to some extend origi, are absolutely not worth our attention

Batshuayi would have been nice, but it didnt happen, which is not a big deal, move along.
Trust me, I did not want to. I literally went through a list of strikers. Below those players, it becomes very bad.

It was like last year when we signed Hernanes. Who expected that? We need a striker, so I may have stretched it a bit.

Here's a question. If you had no choice: Balotelli or Benteke.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Trust me, I did not want to. I literally went through a list of strikers. Below those players, it becomes very bad.

It was like last year when we signed Hernanes. Who expected that? We need a striker, so I may have stretched it a bit.

Here's a question. If you had no choice: Balotelli or Benteke.
I like what you did there, i see how bad it went. (edit : meaning when making the list how deep it went and ended up where it is :D )

To answer your question : Balotelli.

Cause unlike everyone else in this forum, i do consider he has significant talent. And in the right enviroment he's still be a top class forward. Hence i'd even talk Raiola into it to bargain for keeping the Pogba.

InterMerda

Feb 9, 2016
Bacca as a 3rd/4rd striker would be nice. But does he want to do that ?
I don't know if he would be 3rd or 4th choice but one thing is certain, he would give us more versatility. It's pretty clear that our management seeks a profile like morata's or Bacca's. Benteke, Gomez and other classic CFs shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread.

Benzema would be a dream signing but it's highly unlikely unless RM goes for lewa or auba, which won't happen.

I would take balo too, he could still be something if he wakes up. I have read some interviews where he practically said he doesnt want to be mediocre anymore. Balo as a Zaza replacement would be worth the risk.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I don't know if he would be 3rd or 4th choice but one thing is certain, he would give us more versatility. It's pretty clear that our management seeks a profile like morata's or Bacca's. Benteke, Gomez and other classic CFs shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread.

Benzema would be a dream signing but it's highly unlikely unless RM goes for lewa or auba, which won't happen.
i liked bacca back in belgium at club brugge. Very one dimensional, but in the right circumstances, you'd want him on your bench

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Can't believe some of y'all would be OK with takitic as Pogba replacement, softest fucking midfield ever. And besides, we can buy takitic without selling Pogboom. Mascherano and Kovacic is better at the same price.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Can't believe some of y'all would be OK with takitic as Pogba replacement, softest fucking midfield ever. And besides, we can buy takitic without selling Pogboom. Mascherano and Kovacic is better at the same price.
You were doing so well and then this:

Mascherano and Kovacic is better at the same price
:sergio: :)

Don't think Kovačić will ever be good enough for us.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
You were doing so well and then this:

:sergio: :)
I honestly don't mind Kovacic. A lot of people here think that if we sell Pogba and make big money, we will go guns blazing in the market. That is simply not true. Our approach is to identify a profile of player that fits, not a star name to replace a star name. For eg. When we look to replace Morata, our filters will be the same that they were when we identified Morata in the first place, a young upcoming talent. Not an established superstar. Same for Pogba. Infact irrespective of Pogbas stay, I would like us to be diligent with our resources. Biglia, Herrera, Matic, Mascherano, Kovacic, is a smart pool to choose from. Witsel and Sissoko would be underwhelming to say the least. And the people who think we would spend 94m on Higuain don't realise how shortsighted that would be, and perhaps the most inane sacrifice of all time, to let go of Pogba to reinvest all that money into an older striker with little or no commercial relevance. Opportunity cost people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)