Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (80 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
all if's and buts however Rakitic gives guarantees, James could be a very expensive flop as he has proven to be so far for madrid, no doubt madrid would want to see a large sum of what they paid back in his sales which we would be stupid to meet. I'd sooner pay 50 mill for rakitic than 50 for James. I can't see us lacking in unpredictability with the likes of Pjanic, Pjaca, Dybala and hopefully Pogba on the field
Ye true, Rakitic is quite the player and very consistent. I suppose James is very hit and miss so it would be a risk.

If we can get Cuacdrado and Rakitic for lets says 70 million and still have change left over for next season it would lessen the pain of losing Pogba for me.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 3, 2014
all if's and buts however Rakitic gives guarantees, James could be a very expensive flop as he has proven to be so far for madrid, no doubt madrid would want to see a large sum of what they paid back in his sales which we would be stupid to meet. I'd sooner pay 50 mill for rakitic than 50 for James. I can't see us lacking in unpredictability with the likes of Pjanic, Pjaca, Dybala and hopefully Pogba on the field
James wouldn't be a flop. He has too much ability to flop. You have to remember he was getting played as a central midfielder with Real. He doesn't have the defensive characteristics to play that role. Furthermore, even playing as a CM, he played quite well with Ancelotti. And is attack, is is a bit difficult when Ronaldo-Benzema-Bale are a fixture. Rodriguez as a TQ is very low risk, however, could be expensive. He certainly wouldn't flop though.

Personally, I think Rakitic is a good player but unnecessary. I'd rather see a true TQ, elite fantasista, and James is world class in that role. You could then add a true CDM to support the midfield.

For me, if Pogba is sold, James + Biglia would be ideal. It is a shame this crap with Pogba wasn't dealt with earlier because Renato Sanches would have been a very good replacement too.

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
despite the fact that Rakitic has been an essential part of the barcelona side since his move more so than James has been for madrid.

James is incredibly overrated, tbh Isco would be a better fit for us. James is practically rated upon his world cup performance at the last world cup, he has been nothing since. Rakitic is on a much higher and consistent level. Couldn't give a $#@! about the marketability part, what they do on the pitch means a lot more than shirt numbers
Sure, James failed in Real but he has skill and I'm sure he'll pick up just like Robben. My point about marketability is also related with Higuain who is a real target with a high RC. You can get good money from James in a few years whilst Rakitic and Pipita would be sold at a loss.
@Juliano13

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Sure, James failed in Real but he has skill and I'm sure he'll pick up just like Robben. My point about marketability is also related with Higuain who is a real target with a high RC. You can get good money from James in a few years whilst Rakitic and Pipita would be sold at a loss.
@Juliano13
I those who want Rakitic, think we could get him a lot cheaper than James if he really wants out. There is also the argument that he would fit better in our system.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
James wouldn't be a flop. He has too much ability to flop. You have to remember he was getting played as a central midfielder with Real. He doesn't have the defensive characteristics to play that role. Furthermore, even playing as a CM, he played quite well with Ancelotti. And is attack, is is a bit difficult when Ronaldo-Benzema-Bale are a fixture. Rodriguez as a TQ is very low risk, however, could be expensive. He certainly wouldn't flop though.

Personally, I think Rakitic is a good player but unnecessary. I'd rather see a true TQ, elite fantasista, and James is world class in that role. You could then add a true CDM to support the midfield.

For me, if Pogba is sold, James + Biglia would be ideal. It is a shame this crap with Pogba wasn't dealt with earlier because Renato Sanches would have been a very good replacement too.
Rakitic is far better suited to our systems than James is he has proven that both at Barca and Sevilla. Still I'm not sure what the fascination is with James, I'd sooner go for Isco has he is a better fit for us than James

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
Lol isco over james? Are you mentally challenged?
:lol:

Anyway it's time to close the coke addict route. James said in an interview today to Marca that he wants to stay in Madrid and fight for a spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Im guessing we wont sign anyone else until the Pogba situation is cleared up and we sell a few more players.
:beppe: is waiting to highjack a deal

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
I'd take Rakitic. He was Barca's best player in our final. Verratti is the real dream, though.

Why don't we offer Pogba to PSG in a straight exchange? I would infinitely prefer that over spending nearly a hundred million of Higuaín.

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
James > Isco & Rakitic

We will sign none of those players so a shitty debate to have anyway
I would've told someone to stop trolling if they told me before the summer that we would have Dani Alves and Pjanic playing for us next season. Isco and James are plausible targets if we cough up the dough, since they wont get much playing time in Zidanes 4-3-3 that will consist of Modric, Casemiro and Kroos (especially if Pogba goes that way). One of those guys is expendable but would be +50mil.

Rakitic sounded utopistic but his agents twitter post was absurdly straightforward, and considering Gomes is a younger, more physical copy of him its a possibility that should be explored should Pogba depart.

Mar 3, 2014
Rakitic is far better suited to our systems than James is he has proven that both at Barca and Sevilla. Still I'm not sure what the fascination is with James, I'd sooner go for Isco has he is a better fit for us than James
The fascination is definitely his potential - he could be a top 5 player in the game. It isn't often that you can find technically gifted players with elite vision, and shooting player. If he develops, his ceiling is Francesco Totti.

Perfect Mercato for me if we sell Pogba (assuming the sales of Pereyra)
-James
-Cuadrado
-CDM such as Biglia, Mascherano, Matic, Allan, Carvalho
-1 Striker: Mario Gomez, Benzema, Lacazette, Bacca, Sanchez, Icardi, Benteke

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I'd take Rakitic. He was Barca's best player in our final. Verratti is the real dream, though.

Why don't we offer Pogba to PSG in a straight exchange? I would infinitely prefer that over spending nearly a hundred million of Higuaín.
Pogba is probably worth more than Verratti right now, even though I think Verratti is the better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)