Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2014
Youre not in a minority, everyone knows Benatia is the better player and would be better immediately. He would be more expensive (loan deal aside) in fee and wages, is 5 years older and had some serious injuries since joining Bayern, so i could see why Mustafi would be prefered if we get him. Either would be great signing though

- - - Updated - - -

What does it say?
"The big news that was told to me is that Barcelona is now willing to discuss Mascherano with Juventus and that there will be a meeting. Don't be surprised if next week Marotta & Paratici stop in Barcelona in addition to Madrid."

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 29, 2006
Main mission is keeping Alvaro home and :beppe: better not mess this up! Loosing one of the brightest (if not the...) future CF prospects to use the money for Mascherano addition to 'our aging defense' is not exactly :tuttosport: material.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Losing Morata isn't ideal but Batshuayi is an awesome prospect as well and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was moratas replacement.

I prefer him to Lukaku and Juve have done business with marseille recently so it's probably the most realistic. He wants to play on a bigger club and I guarantee he would rather play for juve than some of the premier league clubs he's been linked to, so I'm not too worried about not being able to compete in regards to transfer fee.

Also it should happen relatively quickly since marseille need to sell ASAP.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Losing Morata isn't ideal but Batshuayi is an awesome prospect as well and I wouldn't lose any sleep if he was moratas replacement.

I prefer him to Lukaku and Juve have done business with marseille recently so it's probably the most realistic. He wants to play on a bigger club and I guarantee he would rather play for juve than some of the premier league clubs he'd been linked to.
Belgians :tuttosport: Always good with the TV schedule here in mind :tuttosport:.

Just not Lukaku please :rolleyes:

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Summary from a report in #GdS:

- #Juve intend to sell #Lemina & #Pereyra
- #Cuadrado / #Hernanes want to stay
- #Asamoah is likely to stay

- - - Updated - - -

#CdS

- #Marotta pressing for #Batshuayi

- Juve emissary in #FRA for him

- €30m is ready,#Marseille asked for €40m

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
No one understands it, makes no sense. Sell any of the backups before him.

Cuadrado wants to stay? Has to be with a clear discount, but not happening.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Morata
Alves
Pjanić

This would be a great Mercato for me. Even with Cuadrado gone.

If Marotta gets us something extra in defence and midfield, then it would be 10/10.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I wouldnt lose sleep if we sell Lemina as I see him as a backup and a as a future backup nothing that we cant replace!
To sell him for 12M after we bought him for 9M... its seems ridiculous to me..

Apr 9, 2015
We have an aging back line though. Chiellini Buffon Barzagli Evra Lichsteiner and now Alves?

Not going to be easy replacing them all. We have Sandro and Rugani which are good replacements so hopefully the management can take care of it.
Chiellini and Barzagli will still have some years to go. Bonucci 5-6 years. The only thing we need is to be patient. Rugani is already one of our defenders in the future. And we have high hopes on Lirola (RB) and Romagna (CB). Juve must only buy a centre back if he is exceptional. We have still 2/3 years to find a new cb, hurry is not necessary.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Chiellini and Barzagli will still have some years to go. Bonucci 5-6 years. The only thing we need is to be patient. Rugani is already one of our defenders in the future. And we have high hopes on Lirola (RB) and Romagna (CB). Juve must only buy a centre back if he is exceptional. We have still 2/3 years to find a new cb, hurry is not necessary.
and alex sandro sets our LB position for the next 6-7+ years.

meaning we should consider a young RB, and 2nd choice LB and a CB for the replacement of barzagli

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Summary from a report in #GdS:

- #Juve intend to sell #Lemina & #Pereyra
- #Cuadrado / #Hernanes want to stay
- #Asamoah is likely to stay

- - - Updated - - -

#CdS

- #Marotta pressing for #Batshuayi

- Juve emissary in #FRA for him

- €30m is ready,#Marseille asked for €40m
Why would we sell Lemina? Keep him and sell the obvious ones like Asa, Hernanes, etc. We are losing Padoin too :sad:

The club must see something negative with Lemina? Maybe the possibility of reoccuring knee issues? Might not be progressing the way we had hoped? Maybe a top MF is coming?

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the age yet that I'm worried about in our backline its the possibility of getting injuries with only one CB to sit in (Rugani). Caceres is leaving and Chiellini seems to be getting a calf injury about once every 2-3 months and Barzagli is the oldest and will need a rest.

Unless we rotate frequently between a 3 and 4 backline. If Allegri will be deadset on a back 4 then maybe not but its still risky.

Apr 9, 2015
True, but it is still not a reason to get a player like Benatia. If that is the main problem you can solve it with a player like Acerbi. Players as Benatia want a starting spot and we can't guarantee a starting XI spot with BBC. Don't we have a decent back-up cb on loan to a Serie A club?

Edit:
Transfermarkt says that we sold Gabriel Appelt for 1.5m to Leganes
Fausto Rossi transferfree to Pro Vercelli

Apr 9, 2015
Benatia or Mustafi if possible. Or hopefully one of our Primavera lads can step up in the next season or so.
Romagna can do it in the future, he plays with Bonucci's number 19 btw :D
Severin and Blanco will not reach our first team I think, both aren't good enough. But you know what it is, the best youngsters can fail and the most average youngsters can become class. You can't say it. Look at Bonucci he was really average and look at him now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Benatia or Mustafi if possible. Or hopefully one of our Primavera lads can step up in the next season or so.
Agree with the first part. Not sure about the 2nd if any are ready. I'd say Lirola is the closest but that would be for RB which unless we sell Licht we are more than covered if Alves comes.

Then again, are we covered in the squad requirements for Home Grown's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)