Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
not sure what to think about it. On one hand 9mil are peanuts but on the other hand he is not really juventus material
One of the bright points in an otherwise average squad if you ask me. I like what I've seen of him overall (although he has struggled a bit this season), and at 23 he can still improve. Been playing for the national team and I think he will be an Italy regular in the coming years. You could be right, ofc, but I have a good feeling about this player.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #7,450
    There are different ways of looking at it. One is that at one time people were talking about him as the new Maldini, he is young, Italian, and can play on both sides of the back four or midfield five. In reality he's not the new Maldini, in fact he hit a wall with two injury-plagued seasons and then this farce. But it's one thing playing for this shit Milan with a different coach every few weeks and another for a ready made behemoth like this Juve.

The main thing I like about this potential move is that it seems Allegri has personally requested him, and he is the one who brought him through at Milan and got his best early form. Potentially for €9m-€11m it could be a shameless robbery. Or it could be €9m down the drain if he's constantly injured. He hasn't really been this season, as far as I know.

What a total mess Milan are.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    I like Morata but we can handle with a great player but the thing Cuadrado offers is entirely different!
    Licht is a good player but Cuadrado offers us something beyond Licht
    We should do all we can to retain him if we are to play with 3-5-2 or even 4-3-3
    If we go for a diamond he might not be able to play as a RB so we should think about it

as for forwards Mandzukic is a good player no doubt but our team looks much more a live with Morata in it so I really hope we can get someone who is very mobile and a good scorer to be a regular starter!

BTW do you think a mid of Marchisio Pogba Gomes Pjanic could work or is it too unbalanced?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
    Gomes is 22-23, Pjanic is 25-26. not much difference yet it it clear who the better player is. If the choice was either of them for the same money id take Pjanic yet alone when the difference in asking price is 10-20M

22 is completely different than 26. Most players are developed at 26. Pjanic ain't gonna get much better. Gomes will.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    22 is completely different than 26. Most players are developed at 26. Pjanic ain't gonna get much better. Gomes will.
    Maybe and maybe not
    Giovinco has been regarded as the next big thing...
    He turned up to be a good player but not exactly the next big thing...
    Anyway I dont know much about Gomes but I do know that Pjanic will be a great addition!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)