Status
Not open for further replies.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
AKA Operation Plunder Serie B
AKA Saponara > Isco

Will Cuadrado be signed outright? YES
Will we take up our option on Berardi? YES
Will we actually sign that guy from Sassuolo whose name no one can spell? YES we will get Vrsaljko
Will we sell Pogba to City, Morata to Madrid and Dybala to Barcelona? NO, YES (depends on Morata refusing we have no say in it),NO
Will rakib keep his lists of FM formations below 100? NO and neither i will from Futhead
At what point will there be an overwhelming feeling that all is lost and Beppe deserves the sack? YES when he'll fail to sign Gundogan and pick Soriano
Will our mercato be "closed" again by June? NO it will be like 2015 with a last minute crap
well....

- - - Updated - - -

i woudn't mind if we can keep him up with the athlete life instead of the perm drunkard role

Liviu

Jan 10, 2015
How much of summer's $ will be axed if we can't knock bayern out? Also Roma qualified, unlike last season so so far it's less $$$ from CL, not considering the prizes being hyped up.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Cuadrado only if he's very cheap, I don't want us to spend 20m on him.

We should get Berardi but are we gonna have 5 strikers? Lets start the fight about who should leave right now?

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
It should be an exciting mercato (unless Pogba leaves) with one or two exciting signings.

We'll have a nice budget. Our commercial and domestic TV earnings and gate receipts should be increasing this season. Only CL $ is likely to decrease. On top of that, we have some leftover cash from this season's budget.

And naturally, we'd want to keep improving our team, that includes the starting XI.

Signings that can improve our starting XI: a WC CF (Cavani), a very good AM with WC potential, a WC B2B (right-footed and not injury-prone)

Backup signings: a dependable backup for Marchisio (Lemina/Tielemans/Mandragora?), Cuadrado (but not for 20m)

Cavani will be hard to sign. And an attempt can only be made if Real exercises their Morata clause (and Morata agrees to move there - more unlikely than likely) or if we sell Mandzukic.

A signing like Gundogan can act as both the AM and the RCM (would also be one of the backups for Marchisio).

(If Pogba is smart, he'll wait another year and move to Barca, the best team, when Iniesta will be 33. He also needs another year to complete his development and be more consistently dominating. But if Pogba leaves, we'll need to sign another WC CM of course and will have even more $. No way Dybala will leave after just one season, lol.)

Remaining funds should be invested with the future in mind as usual. On players like Berardi, Saponara, Tielemans, Coric (can't afford all of them obviously unless Pogba is sold), a future Buffon replacement, and more inexpensive ones from Serie B and abroad.

Something like this should be the goal (not all will be possible) for senior squad next season:

Sell: Mandzukic, Zaza, Hernanes
Sign: Cavani, Berardi, Tielemans, Gundogan, Cuadrado

That's 4 players out and 4 in. 3 out, 3 in if Tielemans isn't possible and Lemina proves to be good. 3 different formations possible with that squad with good cover for every starting position. Players like Cavani and Gundogan (or an exciting young AM instead) will take us a step closer to the Big 3.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
How old is Cavani and should be still consider him? I think he has a couple stellar years ahead of him

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Why would you sell Mandzu? he is doing just fine.
also IF Morata stays, Cavani would be a luxury signing we don't need right now.

what we need is a starter AM and a starter CM. that will be expensive enough.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I know it doesnt make sense priority wise, but I would love him. He is not even realistic even if we sold both Morata and Mandzu.

Mandzu who I would sacrifice in a split second for Cavani, similar hard work alot more deadly attacking.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

yeah. or Zaza

Hernanes i think no one would complain if he leaves

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013

Cavani is a Dybala/Pogba level player. Would reyp both Serie A and CL again playing in his best CF role.

Morata is great, and he's our future if we can keep him, but he isn't WC yet and generally struggles to score against packed defenses.

Selling Mandzukic to make room for a WC Cavani is a very easy decision, but Cavani will be hard to sign even though he wants out of PSG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)