Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2015
Matuidi - dodged that bullet
Sissoko -dodged that bullet
Gustavo - dodged that bullet
Bastian - dodged that bullet
Witsel - dodged that bullet
Brozovic - dodged that bullet

Fantastic signings in Pjaca, Pjanic, Cuadrado, Higuain, Alves, Lemina, Benatia.

Sold Pogba for a record fee.

9/10 mercato

The only bad things are, the 25-30 mil fee to that fat fuck Raiola, Hernanes is still here, while Veratti is still in Paris and James in Madrid.
Agreed except Gustavo is actually decent

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Its a 7.5 from me. One again we waited until the last moments and failed to sign are nain target. Im not mad though this is still a very good mercato. Another negative was the price we sold Pogba for i still will argue that we should of held out for a lot more.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Anyone who thinks we will sign a top midfielder in January should think again.

Our only chance is if James, Isco or even Fabregas ride the benchnforna few months. Even then it will cost us big money.

Sad Statue

wannabe Bart Simpson
Mar 28, 2006
Now that's all finished, not sure what to think about this. Our midfield doesn't look bad (not a CL winning one, but not bad either), but right now it looks like a huge gamble. Our success the last few years was based on our midfield. We were able to defend and attack by maintaining possession.

Right now, our attack has greatly improved and we have also made the best defence on the world even better. But our midfield right now is top 4 (maybe) in the world best case scenario. And I don't care so much about the lack of flair (to which Pjanic will help), but because of the fact that we are taking a huuuge gamble on a year we shouldn't. Pogba left, fine. Pereira was sold, fine again.

But have a look at who we have got: a player that hasn't played for 2 years (looks good, but he hasn't played, thats a fact); a player that last year didn't play a lot cause of injuries (both of the those 2 will leave for the african cup); a player who returns from injury; a player who often gets injured and even when fully fit, sometimes he can't play a full match (am I the only one with the impression that Khedira usually is dead around the 75th minute?); a decent backup player in Sturaro; a clearly unwanted player; and Pjanic.

This is not bad. But it's a lot of ifs and maybes. And in a year you have spent so much to buy players on their peak to win the Champions league, you don't want ifs, maybes or gambles. Cause players in their peak have a disadvantage, they're about the now. not the future.

Really hope everything goes well and we don't have a lot of injuries.

michel

Mar 25, 2010
Great mercato (we are definitely stronger, but we messed up with Pogba), I am glad that we didn't get Witsel, but I am also mad that we didn't get another quality CM.

Let's just hope that our midfielders stay fit, because the schedule for September, October, November is just crazy, we are literally playing every Wednesday and of course every weekend.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Anyone who thinks we will sign a top midfielder in January should think again.

Our only chance is if James, Isco or even Fabregas ride the benchnforna few months. Even then it will cost us big money.
Isco and James would be absolutely pointless before summer, as they are cup-tied.

Perhaps someone like Fabregas could work. I don't really know who is available and not cup-tied. I guess we could scour the midfield ranks of Europa League teams. Draxler. :D

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
You really think so? 9/10?

I don't even know that I would give it that. 8 or 8.5 because of the inability to find a suitable midfield player to upgrade on Hernanes. And while Witsel or Matuidi weren't the best options ever, both are solid players and would have helped cover injury woes and rotation better than a Hernanes.
No reason to fill the squad with expensive CMs that doesent add anything to our starting eleven. Much better to go with what we have and save the money for next year and go all out for a top quality CM. We still have a strong midfield in Marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic, Asamoah and Lemina. Sturaro and Hernanes can get some starts in seria A and the Coppa. Playing Pjaca as an AM in front of two holding midfielders could also be an exiting option.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Not saying you should believe everything he says but there is no point in bullying someone over that. You are forming an unhealthy obsession for the guy, get over it.
I don't have an obsession with him. I mostly forget him until I see him mention his 'sources'. It's crazy how easily people here trust him. Not to mention that his 'news' is completely irrelevant anyway.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
No reason to fill the squad with expensive CMs that doesent add anything to our starting eleven. Much better to go with what we have and save the money for next year and go all out for a top quality CM. We still have a strong midfield in Marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic, Asamoah and Lemina. Sturaro and Hernanes can get some starts in seria A and the Coppa. Playing Pjaca as an AM in front of two holding midfielders could also be an exiting option.
:tup:

Especially considering we seem to have made a profit in this mercato now... Beppe absolutely needs to sign a top young midfielder (under 25) next summer... even if we bring Witsel on a free. I'm fairly happy with our top 4-5 options in midfield, even if fitness and AFCON are a worry, but 1 more top level option would be nice. I really do hate AFCON. Especially that it's stupidly played every 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)