Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (25 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Seems to be the way with English talents, they peak really early and disappear. Rooney had some kind of longevity but never fulfilled his potential, and he has easily been the best of all the hyped English 'wonderkids' of the last 15 years.
Not fulfilled his potential is harsh. He was among the best footballers in the world in and about 2008-2013. Especially the seasons of 09/10 and 11/12.

- - - Updated - - -

James in the squad vs Celta :cry:
If James leaves, we won't be the team signing him.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Not fulfilled his potential is harsh. He was among the best footballers in the world in and about 2008-2013. Especially the seasons of 09/10 and 11/12.

- - - Updated - - -
I guess you would be if you were amongst the best footballer in EPL them seasons. Its our only Litmus test.

OP
JuveJay

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
  • Thread Starter #22,265
    Maybe I thought his potential was a lot greater, i.e. he should have been a top 3 player during his career. You could say Messi and Ronaldo were around but Rooney should have been 3rd, he was that good as a young player. He lost explosiveness and a bit of fearlessness from his game, but then he didn't always look after himself well over the summers. He's matured now but was far too much of a lad back then, you don't see the other two doing that, they are like robots.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    Seems to be the way with English talents, they peak really early and disappear. Rooney had some kind of longevity but never fulfilled his potential, and he has easily been the best of all the hyped English 'wonderkids' of the last 15 years.
    That is largely because 'English talent' these days is defined as someone who has pace, and not necessarily one of any great technical ability, look at walcott, zaha, even Rashford they all have one thing in common and all have similar deficiencies.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    Maybe I thought his potential was a lot greater, i.e. he should have been a top 3 player during his career. You could say Messi and Ronaldo were around but Rooney should have been 3rd, he was that good as a young player. He lost explosiveness and a bit of fearlessness from his game, but then he didn't always look after himself well over the summers. He's matured now but was far too much of a lad back then, you don't see the other two doing that, they are like robots.
    Yeah. I think he failed at being a huge talent in this generation, but with the attitude and fitness approach of the 90s. Train two hours, eat fish and chips, play video games, and sleep.

He's always been a hard worker, but never to the machine like tendencies of the best. A fitness regiment similar to Ronaldo, and who knows how good he could have been.

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
    Yeah. I think he failed at being a huge talent in this generation, but with the attitude and fitness approach of the 90s. Train two hours, eat fish and chips, play video games, and sleep.

He's always been a hard worker, but never to the machine like tendencies of the best. A fitness regiment similar to Ronaldo, and who knows how good he could have been.
    Yeah, this so much. How can you play 50 games a year, train everyday and still be one burger away from obesity? I liked Rooney a lot but he just never seemed to be arsed to go the extra mile and become truly great. Mentality issues I guess. Not just fitness-wise, but technically too. He used to be decent with free-kicks for instance.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    Pjanic is better then Pogba was said recently due to stats.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
    Ahh, yes. The denial phase of Grief :p

Quite a lot of 'Tuzzers have already moved on to anger by all of a sudden hating Pogba :lol:

After that comes guilt, the sorrow and depression, followed by acceptance, before we move on with our lifes without Pogboom.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
    Jul 10, 2009
    Yeah, this so much. How can you play 50 games a year, train everyday and still be one burger away from obesity? I liked Rooney a lot but he just never seemed to be arsed to go the extra mile and become truly great. Mentality issues I guess. Not just fitness-wise, but technically too. He used to be decent with free-kicks for instance.
    'Social Heritage'. He might have climbed the social ladder quite a bit, but he still have the habitus of the working class of the north west England.

- - - Updated - - -

Still for a major news outlet like them to report it seems to have a bit more gravitas
    No.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)