Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Just because you can get a player for free doesn't make it a good addition, or barely a good deal if said player is finished and has had extensive injury issues for years. Also free is free to a point, if the player himself would require 4-5m salary then it's hardly ideal, funds you can use for more ready player.

I repeat, Hernanes was a bad deal, but using him as measuring stick for another possible signing doesn't in itself make that signing a good one.

I have nothing against Schweinsteiger, a healthy and useful version of him would be nice addition, but there isn't much that indicates that would the case. I wasn't kidding when I said he looks more like a player that belongs in charity games, or MLS...

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
Schweinsteiger is old and expensive. I rather let Lemina, Sturaro play rather than a old player who did'nt show his quality last year.

hojo_samurai

May 13, 2015
apparently James was offered to Untd by his agent and they said No as they must sell, so now being offered to Chelsea, if Beppe is really being honest (not that I trust his words ever since he claimed he won't sell Vidal only to sell him a month later and then Pogba too, I cannot even trust his words anymore) and he really would have bought Higuain regardless of Pogba staying or leaving, it means we still have the Pogba money to spend, if he is smart, he should be all over James as with Chelsea having no CL, this is one of our best opportunities of getting a player like that who would draw a lot of attention from big EPL clubs.

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
apparently James was offered to Untd by his agent and they said No as they must sell, so now being offered to Chelsea, if Beppe is really being honest (not that I trust his words ever since he claimed he won't sell Vidal only to sell him a month later and then Pogba too, I cannot even trust his words anymore) and he really would have bought Higuain regardless of Pogba staying or leaving, it means we still have the Pogba money to spend, if he is smart, he should be all over James as with Chelsea having no CL, this is one of our best opportunities of getting a player like that who would draw a lot of attention from big EPL clubs.
you answered your self with your own post, he lied ... they are not spending big money any more this summer.... the schweinsteiger rumor is probably more than a rumor.... reminds me of Hernanes last summer

- - - Updated - - -

Schweinsteiger is old and expensive. I rather let Lemina, Sturaro play rather than a old player who did'nt show his quality last year.
agreed Lamina and Sturaro sould get as much play as possible, especially until Marchisio is back.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
As things stand, our midfield is as follows. Pjanic, Marchisio, Khedira, Lemina, Asamoah, and then a huge drop in quality with the likes of Hernanes and Sturaro. In January, we lose both Asamoah and Lemina for AFCON, which means we might be forced to field the likes of Hernanes and Sturaro for key games (fortunately, no CL games during that period) if Khedira and/or Marchisio are injured/unfit for any reason during that period. We desperately need quality in midfield. The January mercato is one for reparation and tweaking, and players tend to go for a premium, and the exorbitant prices reflect the nature of the winter mercato.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We're interested in Jean victor-makengo an 18 year old central midfielder known for dribbling from caen according to il mesaggero. Just another one for sassuolo.

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Just because you can get a player for free doesn't make it a good addition, or barely a good deal if said player is finished and has had extensive injury issues for years. Also free is free to a point, if the player himself would require 4-5m salary then it's hardly ideal, funds you can use for more ready player.

I repeat, Hernanes was a bad deal, but using him as measuring stick for another possible signing doesn't in itself make that signing a good one.

I have nothing against Schweinsteiger, a healthy and useful version of him would be nice addition, but there isn't much that indicates that would the case. I wasn't kidding when I said he looks more like a player that belongs in charity games, or MLS...

I just think that Schweini for free wouldnt be the end of the world. I used Hernanes cause I think that Schweini wouldnt be as bad as him (all things considered, money, ability, experience...). I wouldnt mind taking a risk on him + I dont think that he would be offered 5m salary anyway.

Im not using Hernanes as a measuring stick, I dont know where did you get that. I just rate Bastian more than him, and I think that getting him for free would be a lot better deal than the Hernanes deal. Thats just my opinion.

You simply dont rate Bastian at the moment, I understand it and I think you have a point in a way. But I would take a risk on him, I rate him higher than Hernanes all things considered. If there is a posibility to sell Hernanes and get Bastian for free, its a no brainer for me.

To make it clear, I wouldnt be happy if he's the only CM ariving.

Bastian + Kovacic/Neves/Matuidi + Cuadrado (loan) IN
Hernanes + Pereyra + Zaza OUT.

Id be more than happy with this.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I just think that Schweini for free wouldnt be the end of the world. I used Hernanes cause I think that Schweini wouldnt be as bad as him (all things considered, money, ability, experience...). I wouldnt mind taking a risk on him + I dont think that he would be offered 5m salary anyway.

Im not using Hernanes as a measuring stick, I dont know where did you get that. I just rate Bastian more than him, and I think that getting him for free would be a lot better deal than the Hernanes deal. Thats just my opinion.

You simply dont rate Bastian at the moment, I understand it and I think you have a point in a way. But I would take a risk on him, I rate him higher than Hernanes all things considered. If there is a posibility to sell Hernanes and get Bastian for free, its a no brainer for me.

Schweini is done. I don't want to insult the guy or take anything away from him, he had a glorious career. But truth is, it's over. Maybe he didn't have the will to really go on after 2014, maybe it's physical (though I doubt that, he's still young enough), I don't know. But whatever the case, we are Juventus. Not some second tier German club. We can't take Schweini unless he adds something and it's clear he doesn't.

Which breaks my heart really. This guy was a soldier. Once.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

If we do sign him that means our management thinks he is not. Its very unlikely that he will ever be as good as he used to. But not even an upgrade on Hernanes as vice marchisio? Do you think he has regressed THAT much and beyond repair?

EPL and Manu in particular is generally a very bad place for veterans who lost their lungs. If we get world cup form Schweini, thats not a good vice-marchisio?

- - - Updated - - -

This.

Black+White

Jul 5, 2014
:shifty:

wasn't even good enough for Leverkusen.
Wrong.
He just didn't fit the crazy flipper style of football by Schmidt which requires running fast(at any cost) instead of actually playing football.
Calhanoglu also doesn't fit in there and could be had for the right price.

Kramer, on the other hand, is not available as he signed with Gladbach back in June.

BTW: You guys are going for Schweinsteiger?
The guy wasn't able to go a full season for five years, before he signed with United, and got inured there once again.
He's lost at least one step and can't be relied on for more than about 50% of the games.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
not at all, he would be a free signing and if he is crap here and we dont want him anymore we can just do what United did now or like we did with Llorente, let him go for free. Hernanes on the other hand was a 11M signing on 3M wages, which we want to offload for some return money. hardly anyone is willing to pay him 3M wages and thats the main reason we struggle to sell him

also SCHWEINSTEIGERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! :tuttosport:
That still doesn't hide the fact we will have paid him what 3-4 mill in wages per year? and to cancel his contract early will cost us money too assuming it is for a 2-3 year deal again more money wasted

We'd be better off not signing him regardless of price and wages and invest it in something more worthy

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Schweini is finished.

Some of you make it sound like he's just had 1 bad season, which isn't the case.
His last 2 years for Bayern were also pretty bad.

The Schweini you saw for ManUTD is the same Schweini you will see until he retires.

But...but...Pirlo - don't, he isn't a Pirlo. Pirlo never relied on his Physicality and he was able to play the same quality passes and long balls he's always played.

What's left if you take away Schweini's physicality? Well, just watch him play.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong.
He just didn't fit the crazy flipper style of football by Schmidt which requires running fast(at any cost) instead of actually playing football.
Nah. He just wasn't good enough. Nice to see he's good enough for Gladbach though.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Schweini is finished.

Some of you make it sound like he's just had 1 bad season, which isn't the case.
His last 2 years for Bayern were also pretty bad.

The Schweini you saw for ManUTD is the same Schweini you will see until he retires.

But...but...Pirlo - don't, he isn't a Pirlo. Pirlo never relied on his Physicality and he was able to play the same quality passes and long balls he's always played.

What's left if you take away Schweini's physicality? Well, just watch him play.
If these are the levels you're talking about (2014-2016), then sign him up.

May not be at his absolute best, but I'd take this guy for free any day, and have him as an option ahead of Hernanes and Sturaro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)