Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind Matiudi. I feel he could be the muscle and ball winner in midfield when called upon.

:snoop:
That opinion is not that unpopular. He is very well regarded out there. I cannot really say one way or another because I haven't seen him play that much and to be frank, I doubt whether a lot here have spent enough time watching him. In the end, I trust our management on players I don't know about more than what most people here say.

My only concern regarding Matuidi is: Is he going to be a first choice? The reason I ask is that he would end up costing us as much Pjanic did on an annual basis. It may make sense if Allegri feels that when he switches to a back 4 he can play Khedira-Marchisio-Matuidi behind Pjanic then perhaps or if he considers Matuidi as first change for Asamoah or something.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Juventus are offering €20-25m to sign Matuidi. PSG wants €35-40m but the deal could be closed at €30m. [Mediaset]
lol i love these. they ask 40M, we offer 20M and could close the deal at 30M. why would they accept 30M if they ask for 40M? lets offer 20M for Ronaldo and since Reals asking price would be 100M, we could close the deal at 60M

- - - Updated - - -

Unpopular opinion but I wouldn't mind Matiudi. I feel he could be the muscle and ball winner in midfield when called upon.

:snoop:
i dont think anyone would be against Matuidi for a normal price, its the 40M that makes me want to look elsewhere

also we still havent got that surprise name from BL. bet its Kramer

- - - Updated - - -

I guess Bastian still wanted to be a pivotal player for Bayern due to his legacy there but his injuries made it impossible so he decided to leave. United has been a mess for a while so his time there doesn't necessarily mean he's finished. If he's willing to take a rotational player role with Juve I think he's skills and experience will be valuable for us. No transfer fee plus salary around 2 mln for two years is acceptable imo.
he left for Yanited because he was their fan since hes a kid so he asked Bayern to let him go there

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Schweinsteiger :inter:

I don't want to hate a Juve player

And he's bad too

I can't imagine many transfers I'd despise more than this one
What about Dani Alves?

About Schweini, i just still find it wierd why he left Bayern Munich last summer. I get that he wanted a new challenge, but should just have stayed. He is still a Bayern legend, but i dont really want him back, he made the choice to leave himself, and Bayern Munich shouldnt take him back just because he is a legend. No free free pass to anyone in a top club.

That said if he should end in Juve then i wouldnt mind it. Juventus is a likeable club and i only wish him the best. Still i think you guys shouldnt take him in, he is done on highest level as i see it - sadly enough, the guy is only 32.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
lol i love these. they ask 40M, we offer 20M and could close the deal at 30M. why would they accept 30M if they ask for 40M? lets offer 20M for Ronaldo and since Reals asking price would be 100M, we could close the deal at 60M

he left for Yanited because he was their fan since hes a kid so he asked Bayern to let him go there

Typical yet annoying way of media to raise fans endorphin levels.

From the picture, I think its fair to say schwein deserves this treatment and he can stay the away from this club.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What about Dani Alves?

About Schweini, i just still find it wierd why he left Bayern Munich last summer. I get that he wanted a new challenge, but should just have stayed. He is still a Bayern legend, but i dont really want him back, he made the choice to leave himself, and Bayern Munich shouldnt take him back just because he is a legend. No free free pass to anyone in a top club.

That said if he should end in Juve then i wouldnt mind it. Juventus is a likeable club and i only wish him the best. Still i think you guys shouldnt take him in, he is done on highest level as i see it - sadly enough, the guy is only 32.
Dani Alves is a lot better and a lot less unlikeable than Schweinsteiger.

Keep in mind that likeabilitey is purely subjective of course, and that I absolutely despise Bayern.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
Dani Alves is a lot better and a lot less unlikeable than Schweinsteiger.

Keep in mind that likeabilitey is purely subjective of course, and that I absolutely despise Bayern.
Okay. I can´t stand Dani Alves though. :inter: He is a good player, but also one of those i hated most from Barcas team when he was there. Alba and Suarez probably also.

- - - Updated - - -

Dani Alves is still top 3 backs in the world, you can't compare him with Schweini, both situations are not the same.
Im not talking about he´s quality. He is just so damn unlikeable.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Winning everything has not stopped players in the past from continuing to be motivated. Pirlo for us was motivated out of proving that he is still a top player even though he won all there is to win at Milan. Alves and Evra the same. Its not stopping Messi, iniesta and co from collecting the same trophies for the umpteenth time over and over again.

Its low risk - high gain scenario. Its a freebie and probably a short contact at a big pay cut. At worst it will be an Anelka/Toni situation (even though the latter turned out to be full of life after he left us). At best it would be a Pirlo situation. I am expecting somewhere in the middle. I dont think he will be peak scwheinstiger like Pirlo did for us. I am expecting him to be like Evra. Good reliable, big dressing room character but unspectacular which is more than an upgrade on Hernanes. You seriously expect him to be even worse than Hernanes?
He isn't worth it, not even on a short term 1-2 year deal. The dude is slow as fuck now; a true and utter waste of space, and I'm actually not even sure he'd be an upgrade to Hernanes at this point of his career. I guess it's just Tuzzers resigning themselves to accepting the worst with only over a week remaining in the mercato. The same shit happened last year when some were spewing some bull about Hernanes regaining his Lazio form for us :howler:

Serie A might be slower and more tactical, but it isn't a retirement league, and not every player can be revived a la Pirlo. My fear is that we might consider this old washed up German fart the solution to our CM conundrum, and call it a mercato after signing both him and Cuadrado. That would suck donkey balls. I mean, there have to be better options out there. If we are so fucking desperate, why not go for someone like Moutinho. At least he is still only 30, and could give us a solid 3 years. I understand there are opportunities, but there is a difference between an opportunity and a lost cause, and in the pig farmer's case, it's a hopeless case. Juventus isn't a retirement home, or a place for other team's garbage. When we made those Barzagli and Pirlo signings, it was a different time. Now, good quality players actually want to come here. Surely, we can do much better than Schweiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)