Endless Summer Mercato 2016 (12 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I wouldnt mind him tbh... Hes not the good old Bastian, but he would be ok for rotation.

Rather him for free than splashing 25-30m on Witsel.

Kovacic would be ideal for me, I would also welcome Matuidi for 25m.
Having Hernanes and Bastian for backups is very worrying. We're going backwards if that happens. Both are bad at this point.

Witsel rumor is media BS imo, if anything we'll get him for free next summer.

I think we're chasing Matuidi.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Such a pointless move, since we're struggling to offload hernanes as it is. Schweinsteiger will be equally difficult to offload unless someone is crazy enough to offer him high wages and he's willing to make a move to some nomadic league
not at all, he would be a free signing and if he is crap here and we dont want him anymore we can just do what United did now or like we did with Llorente, let him go for free. Hernanes on the other hand was a 11M signing on 3M wages, which we want to offload for some return money. hardly anyone is willing to pay him 3M wages and thats the main reason we struggle to sell him

also SCHWEINSTEIGERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! :tuttosport:

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Having Hernanes and Bastian for backups is very worrying. We're going backwards if that happens. Both are bad at this point.

Witsel rumor is media BS imo, if anything we'll get him for free next summer.

I think we're chasing Matuidi.
Sell Hernanes, get Bastian for free as a replacement.
Sell Pereyra, get Matuidi.
Sell Zaza, loan Cuadrado.

Mercato closed. 11/10

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
What's wrong with what he said? For Napoli Juventus is a rival, a hated one at that. Everybody knows you don't leave your club for a rival. Not that I care what the Napolitani think but Higuain will be hated forever.
i think hes a bit unhappy because we agreed personal terms with him for 2 summers now and havent signed him. or maybe hes planning a return to Napoli in the coming years so hes acting like hes full of respect for them

- - - Updated - - -

Is he gonna be your new girl crush?
nope, i have Zaza already :xfinger:

- - - Updated - - -

Is schweini a top player? A champion? :|
lets ask Moggi

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Juventus are offering €20-25m to sign Matuidi. PSG wants €35-40m but the deal could be closed at €30m. [Mediaset]
Since Shweinsteiger is the topic of the day, Matuidi would be a pleasant surprise!

My gut feel is that Matuidi is the proffered option and I suspect the management don't like what is available out there for similar amounts of money. Perhaps Shweini is a low risk last resort.

Also, I think we may have ~30m to spend on any new acquisition at the maximum.

Nevertheless I still think Hernanes will be on his way out too. This is because he makes too many mistakes and is currently costing our accounts 11m a year between amortizations and gross wages. Matuidi on a 4 year contract and fee of 30m with a salary of 4-5m net would cost the accounts 15-16m, which by the way is what Pjanic is costing us.

This really puts the Pjanic transfer into perspective. In retrospect he was an absolute BARGAIN.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
when you imagine, 2 years ago we had Vidal+Pogba in midfield. Now we have maybe hernanes and schweinsteiger :sergio::sergio::sergio:
Well, actually we've got Pjanic & Khedira - which is still a downgrade of course, but not nearly as abd as you make it out to be.

A more apt comparison to Hernanes and a potential Schweinsteiger :)inter:) in terms of squad roles would've been Padoin & Giaccharini or something.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
If there is one lesson we can gather from the last several transfer markets, its always best to get most of your market done EARLY. Thankfully, we did most of ours early this time meaning the f*ck ups are limited. Even if we ended up with Shweini, at least we still got Pjanic (after losing Pogba) and have gained what looks like an Asamoah who could potentially last most of the season this time.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Our midfield is actually still pretty good when Marchisio returns.

Khedira----Marchisio----Pjanic with Asamoah and Lemina as first changes is not too shabby if you ask me. Not to mention the fact that we would have Cuadrado and Pjaca as attacking mid options to spice things up for our Dybala-Higuain front two.

In a 4312 our mid would be very solid with : Khedira-Marchisio-Asamoah behind Pjanic who plays behind the strikers. Pjaca as a trequartista could work too.

This is why I am not too stressed about this mid situation. Worst case scenario is we make no acquisition. That would not be the end of the world.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
he was already finished when he left Bayern.

Guess why Bayern didn't give a $#@! about him leaving.
I guess Bastian still wanted to be a pivotal player for Bayern due to his legacy there but his injuries made it impossible so he decided to leave. United has been a mess for a while so his time there doesn't necessarily mean he's finished. If he's willing to take a rotational player role with Juve I think his skills and experience will be valuable for us. No transfer fee plus salary around 2 mln for two years is acceptable imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)