[EN] Premier League 2005/06 (3 Viewers)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
If fulham can score 2 against a highly unmotivated Chelsea not having a single though in the game they actually playing we don´t have a clue about the outcome between Chelsea and Barca... ;)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Bianconeri9 said:
Fulham deserved a penalty... should have been 3-3.
If you're going to say that Fulham deserved a penalty (for Terry's handball I assume?) then you also have to say that Chelsea deserved a penalty as Zat Knight handled the ball in the Fulham area but the refs missed it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
m_elayyan said:
if fulham scored 2 goals against chelsea , barca can score 4
You can't look at the scoreline of a game and then come to the conclusion that so and so will happen in another game. Teams would have to play exactly the same way week in week out for that to be considered and we all know that doesn't happen. You should also note that Chelsea played without Carvalho, Del Horno and Essien. Going by your way of thinking if Deportivo la Coruna can score 3 goals against Barcelona, Chelsea can score 6.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Stuart said:
You can't look at the scoreline of a game and then come to the conclusion that so and so will happen in another game. Teams would have to play exactly the same way week in week out for that to be considered and we all know that doesn't happen. You should also note that Chelsea played without Carvalho, Del Horno and Essien. Going by your way of thinking if Deportivo la Coruna can score 3 goals against Barcelona, Chelsea can score 6.
Holygr4le said:
If fulham can score 2 against a highly unmotivated Chelsea not having a single though in the game they actually playing we don´t have a clue about the outcome between Chelsea and Barca... ;)
As I concluded.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
axlrose85 said:
i felt sorry for lee bowyer for the first time in my life.that cunt peter crouch should have been sent off and not him.and id expect gerrard to be a little more respectful towards a player who is a much greater player then gerrard is,a player who is a bigger icon in english history than gerrard is ie alan shearer.
IMO either both Bowyer and Crouch should have been sent off or neither of them, not a red for one and a yellow for the other.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
Stuart said:
IMO either both Bowyer and Crouch should have been sent off or neither of them, not a red for one and a yellow for the other.
Well... Bower went in with both feet playing very dangerously. Crouch did not. And for real..., can you actually be scared of him? He is 2 meters and 45 kilos tops. :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Did anyone happen to catch the Wigan-Man City game? What a match! Finished 4-3 to Wigan, end to end attacking football, wonderful to watch. Jason Roberts and Henri Camara were on fire for Wigan and Joey Barton, who was probably Man City's best player, scored a cracking volley. What a strike!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Holygr4le said:
Well... Bower went in with both feet playing very dangerously. Crouch did not. And for real..., can you actually be scared of him? He is 2 meters and 45 kilos tops. :D
Bowyer's tackle was a horrible one, no doubt about that, but that doesn't give Crouch the right to chuck him like he did.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
sure it does. youre a fan of italian soccer are you not? if so you know damn well retaliation is a must. or at least some sort of gesture and facial expression is required.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
crouch was very lucky to get away with that push.and can someone please tell me HOW on earth can someone like jermain defoe,who is light years more talented and lethal than peter crouch NOT win a place in the england ahead of that walking bamboo stick?

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
first of all both defoe and crouch will be subs for england as rooney and owen will be the first choice, and defoe better regain his spurs starting place first anyway.

secondly bowyer tackle was bad but at worst only deserved a yellow card, bowyers bad reputation got him sent off.

i know the rules say if you raise your arms its a red card but crouch's push was harmless.

as for alan shearer he is a great player and has achieved loads in his career but for far too long he has been getting away with too much over aggressive behaviour and some times damn nasty and dirty play, ie stamping on neil lennon a few years back, he like playing the mr nice guy role its a bout time someone told him a thing or too.

crouch will never be the most prolific but he is a good player, good touch and he has chipped in with many vital assists he is worth his place in the england squad as he offers something different and he can win and hold up balls other players would not have a hope of getting.

i cant beleive the are putting crouchs goal down as a given og, first of all given was again outstanding and does not deserve an og to his name amazing save from h kewell if cech or buffon pulled that off everyone would be raving about it. second of owen or shearer scored a similar goal their would be no questions of an og just because it was crouch the doubt arises. and third i bet €50 on crouch angel and defoe all to score in 90 mins play so the bookies better pay me when i go back in tomorrow

Tourinorum

Nov 23, 2005
One thing I don't argue you with you is about Given, one of the best damn keepers in the world.

I do, however, Crouch has yet proved himself worthy for England's World Cup squad.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Crouch doesn't have the talent of Owen, Rooney or Defoe but I still think he offers an interesting tactical option up front. Depending on the opposition Crouch could be very useful as he provides something different to Owen, Rooney and Defoe.

Theodore

Big,Brute,PowerfulStriker
Dec 5, 2005
IMO england better bring that 4 striker you guys mention up there for the WC,
for two starting strikers, of course, would be rooney and owen.
defoe and crouch would be very useful addition,
especially crouch........many doubt him, but he was really good player if you know how to 'put' him in a game

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Yeah. It'll be heated as always but Everton don't have the required quality to take points off Liverpool atm. Benitez has got his men playing good football. They always look like they have a goal in them and never seem shaky at the back.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
@ stuart

You know that motivation beats class...
I´m gonna see the game as well. Having a dinnerparty at my house with some friends.

Your prediction?
Edit: 2-1 Liverpool is my pred.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)