[EN] Premier League 2005/06 (3 Viewers)

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
chelsea did not create much only lampard effort blocked by van der sar, chelsea were all huff and puff no real creative threat only duff.

why did mourinho omit a 100% fit crespo from the squad and leave him back in london and bring carlton cole instead, hernan loves scoring against united,if united win the game in hand they are 7 points behind, still quite a gap, but if wigan win they are only 3 behind, you got to give pul jewell credit.

the test for smith now is can he repeat that performance regularly

Feb 26, 2005
He left Crespo in London cos Hernan (for some strange reason) refused to travel to Spain for the match against Betis.

I vaguely recall a clause in football players contracts that states they must present themselves for duty wherever they are required by the club....

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
am I the only person isn't happy that chelsea lost?
Of course you aren't, a Man Utd loss would've done Pool more good since they aren't going to get anywhere near Chelsea.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
Mutu: Premiership is tougher
Juventus’ Adrian Mutu has claimed that the Premiership is a harder League to play in than Serie A. The former Chelsea striker endured a tough time during his 12-month stay in England, before failing a drug test and being axed by the Blues. "I was talking with Patrick Vieira the other day and we both agreed that it is more difficult to play in the Premiership," he said. "English football has more continuity, you always play at a high rhythm, without a break. And you have to keep on moving because every team plays to win. When Serie A teams face Juve, Milan and Internazionale, they close themselves in defence and you have to try and break the wall. In England you play football even though you know that you may lose."

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++

Of course you aren't, a Man Utd loss would've done Pool more good since they aren't going to get anywhere near Chelsea.

that's not what I was thinking though....for me, Manu must lose, almost no matter what

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by HWIENIAWSKI ] ++
that's not what I was thinking though....for me, Manu must lose, almost no matter what
Thats kinda like the way I feel about Wigan right now. Somebody pleeease cane them!

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Actually last season here are the results:

FOOTBALL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP
Derby County 1-1 Wigan
Wigan 1-2 Derby County

FA CUP 3rd ROUND
Derby County 2-1 Wigan

:touched:

So how the hell comes they are 2nd in the prem? :D

Actually its cos just about everyone else in my fantasy football league has wigan defenders - they keep getting clean sheets. I'm getting a bit behind so I could do with a few thrashings in the coming weeks.

I'm sure they've got Chelsea Liverpool Newcastle Arsenal and Man U in their next 5 games tho :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)