[EN] Premier League 2005/06 (3 Viewers)

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #62
    Park agrees United deal
    by Gerrit van Leeuwen - created on 19 Jun 2005

PSV Eindhoven midfielder Park Ji-sung has reportedly agreed a four-year deal with Manchester United.

The South Korean international has been expected to move to Old Trafford for some time, but the deal had stalled over a fee.

PSV are determined to get as much as possible for Park, especially as they believe United will profit from his high profile in the Asian market.

Despite the failure to agree on a fee, United have still been allowed to talk with the player, and reports in Holland say that he has now agreed on a four-year deal with The Red Devils.

The 24-year-old has a year left on his current PSV contract and a fee of around €7 million is expected to be agreed upon soon in order to allow him to join Sir Alex Ferguson's men.

PSV have already warned United that they will not get Park on the cheap and his apparent agreement on a contract suggests that a deal is close between the two clubs.

"If United think they can have Park cheaply, they are wrong," warned PSV president Rob Westerhof.

"We demand the highest price and we've every reason to demand a mega figure."

------------------------------------------------------

Wow, what a difference a couple of years makes :shock: I never thought I'd see a European team talking about a Korean player like that.

This is a great chance for me to finally see a Korean player in action on a regular basis, since Australia only ever shows EPL matches

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Per Kroldrup is on the verge of joining Everton after Udinese accepted a £5m offer for the Danish international.

The 25-year-old was linked with a switch to Juventus last summer but is now heading to the Premiership – even if the move is subject to personal terms being agreed and a medical.

The versatile stopper has emerged as a quality player over the last few seasons and helped Udinese qualify for the Champions’ League this term.

Everton boss David Moyes is keen on a new central defender given the uncertainty regarding Alan Stubbs’ future.

The Liverpool outfit made a move for Kroldrup after Manchester City informed them that primary target Sylvain Distin would cost £7m.

French champions Olympique Lyon have rejected a bid of 25 million euros ($30.54 million) from Chelsea for Ghana midfielder Michael Essien. "There's quite strong pressure from Chelsea, the only club to have submitted a bid so far," Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas told the club's website on Monday.

"There's quite strong pressure from Chelsea, the only club to have officially submitted a bid so far (for Essien)," Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas told the club's official website on Monday.

"We will do everything we can to keep him. He wants to stay and we count on him for next season.

"We have already turned down an offer of 25 million euros."

Lyon are chasing a top striker and have shown interest in Liverpool's Czech international Milan Baros.

Aulas said he had been informed by the player's agent that Baros wanted to stay at Liverpool but added that Lyon had not given up hope.

Lyon's only major signing since they won a fourth consecutive Ligue 1 title last month is France midfielder Benoit Pedretti, who joined from Olympique Marseille on Friday.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Arsenal are rumoured to be ready to enter into talks for Real Madrid midfielder Guti.

The Spain international could be leaving Santiago Bernabeu over the summer after failing to cement a first-team place under Wanderley Luxemburgo.

Guti recently admitted that, if he was forced to leave his boyhood club, he would relish the chance to play in The Premiership.

He was linked with Liverpool, where he would team up with several of his compatriots, but Reds boss Rafa Benitez played down talk of a bid for the 28-year-old.

Reports now suggest that Arsenal are ready to step up their interest in the industrious midfielder after being given hope they could sign Guti.

The player's agent Zoran Vekic has narrowed down the list of destinations for Guti by saying The Gunners are the club he wants to play for.

"After Real Madrid his only desire if he was to move to England would be to play for Arsenal because of their style, their team spirit and of course they have a great coach," Vekic told the Daily Mail.

This declaration may give Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger the encouragement needed to launch a firm bid for Guti.

Vekic is purportedly due to hold talks with Gunners officials this week as he looks to negotiate Guti's exit from the Spanish capital.

Real had been expected to demand £12 million for the fans' hero but a figure of £7 million could be enough to facilitate a deal.

Geof

May 14, 2004
    Chelsea Complete Del Horno Signing
    6/22/2005 9:36:00 AM
    Chelsea last night completed the signing of Spanish international defender Asier del Horno from Athletic Club Bilbao for a fee of 12 million Euros (approximately £8 million).
    Del Horno joins Chelsea on a 3-year deal from 1st July 2005.

Chelsea manager José Mourinho said: "Asier is an outstanding international player who will add quality to the squad in a position we needed to strengthen. I’m sure he will be a key player as Chelsea continues with its goal to achieve greater success both in England and in the Champions League."

Chief executive Peter Kenyon added: “José identified his target to fill the left-back position and we’re delighted that Asier has chosen to come to Chelsea. The arrival of Asier signifies Chelsea’s desire to strengthen the squad in key positions following a hugely successful season and we all look forward to seeing Asier in the blue of Chelsea in July.”

The 24-year-old has 7 senior international caps in total and represented Spain at youth level from the age of 17. Del Horno had been at Athletic Bilbao since the age of 11.

He signed the deal at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday evening and will be formally introduced when he joins up with the Chelsea squad when pre-season training begins from July 6th.

Goal.com

that means Zambrotta is staying, right?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
    god help udinese. they'll be useless in the cl. if they get through pas the 3rdf quals round.. :sad:
    They're going to make this year's CL performance by Roma seem like the labor of gods.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    South Korean ace Park Ji-sung admits he is proud to have clinched a move to Manchester United.

The midfielder will join United from PSV Eindhoven on July 1, with only the formality of a work permit holding up the deal.

The Red Devils have paid in the region of £4 million for Park, who has signed a four-year contract at Old Trafford.

Park will become the first South Korean to play in The Premiership but the transfer has been sullied by rumours he has only been signed as a marketing ploy.

The 24-year-old has already dispelled that notion and he is determined to prove he is worthy of a place in Sir Alex Ferguson's side.

He acknowledged that it is a source of pride that one of the world's biggest clubs have handed him an opportunity to continue his career.

The energetic Park also offered his gratitude to PSV coach Guus Hiddink, who took the player to the Philips Stadion after coaching him in the South Korean national team.

"Personally I'm very proud of myself," said Park.

"I feel sorry and very grateful to coach Hiddink but I think I can return his favour by becoming a better player in Manchester.

"When I wore the Manchester kit, I didn't feel it was real.

"But when I went to United's ground I felt very proud that I will be playing for such a top club."

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    JTB, you have just stumbled on an important piece of journalistic skill known as the "inverted pyramid" style of writing...

Too bad not enough sportswriters have bothered to learn the basics.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Belarus international midfielder Aleksander Hleb has today agreed to join Arsenal from Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart on a long-term contract in a deal which could be worth up to £9.94million.

The player has still to pass a medical and obtain a work permit but Hleb is thrilled at the prospect of playing for the Gunners.

He told the club website, www.arsenal.com: "I am very happy to have this fantastic opportunity to join Arsenal. They are a club with a great history and many world-class players."

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
    Belarus international midfielder Aleksander Hleb has today agreed to join Arsenal from Bundesliga side VfB Stuttgart on a long-term contract in a deal which could be worth up to £9.94million.

The player has still to pass a medical and obtain a work permit but Hleb is thrilled at the prospect of playing for the Gunners.

He told the club website, www.arsenal.com: "I am very happy to have this fantastic opportunity to join Arsenal. They are a club with a great history and many world-class players."
    Interesting signing. With Vieira, Gilberto Silva, Flamini and Fabregas, they don't really need another player there. Unless, of course, they're selling Vieira... :D

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    Lyn goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi hopes to be playing in England.

The Oman shot-stopper has been linked with Premiership duo Bolton and Manchester City, and he is expected to leave the Norwegian side in the summer.

Bolton seem the keener of the two sides and Sam Allardyce has already had two bids turned down for the 23-year-old.

Al-Habsi says that he hopes to be making the trip to England in the near future.

"I hope I get to go to England soon, considering my career," Al-Habsi told VG.

"At the same time, it will be tough to go. I have had three good years at Lyn and that has made me what I am today.

"I can sit on the bench for a couple of months, but long-term I need to play football."

Interesting, Lyn Oslo seem to have become a Premiership feeder team!

Feb 26, 2005
    We've been tracking Hleb for a while. The stats on that guy are awesome. He played every single Bundesliga match for Stuttgart last season, and has more assists than anybody in the entire Bundesliga.
    I dare say we are taking the title back from Chelski!

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by madlawyer1 ] ++
    We've been tracking Hleb for a while. The stats on that guy are awesome. He played every single Bundesliga match for Stuttgart last season, and has more assists than anybody in the entire Bundesliga.
    I dare say we are taking the title back from Chelski!
    No your not, dont be stupid. Arsenal wont win.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)