Emre Can (7 Viewers)

GiocataGrande

Commendatore
May 26, 2016
I am not looking at him as a savior of our midfield. However, what makes you say that "he is below what should be our standard"? If I'm not mistaken the last Deloitte report showed our revenue to be only a half of the teams like Madrid, Barcelona, United, Bayern and significantly smaller than Arsenal, Chelsea, City etc. Our standard is more like Liverpool who financed Fabinho and Keita by Coutinho.

Ronaldo is one of the very rare examples when we invested heavily in a player. However, his transfer cannot be compared to any other obviously. As we heard from the board and CR's entourage the negotiations began after our tie with Madrid in 1/4 which has surely affected our transfer strategy for the summer. Since we found out about the gentleman's agreement he had with Madrid regarding the 100mln transfer fee our transfer budget for other targets shrinked drastically and mind you we still bought Cancelo. And please don't tell me that everything changed after CR transfer because we are still restricted by FFP, just look at the issues PSG and City are having.

Our last couple of mercatos were financed by sales of other players. So whom we should have sold to finance a midfielder acquisition? Your opinion is totally detached from reality as nothing was indicating an investment in midfield. Actually the Can opportunity was a blessing for us. Imagine you're Paratici and have 100 mln to spend while the team is in a need of a midfielder. Then you are informed that Cristiano Ronaldo is available for 100mln. You can spend 80mln on Naby Keita who has only played in Red Bull and is a risky investment or get Emre Can for free and buy Ronaldo. Make your choice.
It might be detached from reality in terms of our spending possibilites this or last year, but im talking about acquiring players that suit our ambition going forward into the future. We do value growth right?

I think it should be a fairly easy point to understand.

Offcourse Paratici does his job with a limited budget, but im sure there will be better opportunities going forward.

That said, we still look to continue the same policy if all these Ramsey rumors turn out to be true.

I hope it will be enough for us, but i have my doubts.

Buy on AliExpress.com

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
It might be detached from reality in terms of our spending possibilites this or last year, but im talking about acquiring players that suit our ambition going forward into the future. We do value growth right?

I think it should be a fairly easy point to understand.

Offcourse Paratici does his job with a limited budget, but im sure there will be better opportunities going forward.

That said, we still look to continue the same policy if all these Ramsey rumors turn out to be true.

I hope it will be enough for us, but i have my doubts.
Obviously we do value growth. Personally, I would also rather Juventus sign SMS instead of Can but it was simply impossible to spend 112m on CR, 40 on Cancelo, 40 on Costa and another 100m on a midfielder. Unless we win the CL what would definitely increase our income both directly through bonuses from sponsors and UEFA and also increased exposure to new sponsors, I think we will still be affected by our summer spending during the following mercato, hence the Ramsey transfer as you noticed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Sell. Buy. Rescind contract. Sign again, then throw into active volcano...

For being god awful and refusing to stop dribbling like he thinks he's Ronaldinho...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Closer to a CB than a B2B.

That's not really an indictment, just a reality. Don't think he will ever look amazing as B2B in a 4-3-3. He's fine as a #6, probably even better as a pure DM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)