Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (6 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pretty ridiculous post. Unfortunately most fans think like this nowadays. More CL's=bigger club apparently

I can accept Man United being bigger than Juventus but not Liverpool. They've been a mid-range team for almost 3 decades now.

Juventus is by far the most supported club in Italy unlike Liverpool in England.
pool won the CL little over 10 seasons ago

Buy on AliExpress.com

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Juventus is by far the most supported club in Italy unlike Liverpool in England.
I was looking mainly at achievements with a small wwightage on following. My list is based off club achievements which is the most objective. If you talk about global following, Man U fans have an argument that they're greater than Real Madrid

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I agree with you if you're talking about adjusting for recency. Eg. Only UCL era. However, if you look at whole history with equal weight, have to say Liverpool have a decent ammout of League titles and Europa league/Uefa Cups too.
Nearly 30 years without being the best in your league is a substantial % of your club's history. We're talking about an era where brand value means everything, even more so than 'historical' achievements. Granted Pool still have a fairly steady brand mainly because of the PL but i doubt they'll ever return to elite level and establish themselves like Man United. They are a very well supported 'mid-range' English club with a great history(ofcourse) in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

I was looking mainly at achievements with a small wwightage on following. My list is based off club achievements which is the most objective. If you talk about global following, Man U fans have an argument that they're greater than Real Madrid
You need to consider everything in these sorta discussions. Fan support, brand, trophies etc. Real Madrid trump Man United easily if you consider all those factors equally.

BayernFan

Feb 17, 2016
I think you can argue that over their whole history that they are ahead of us but no way are they ahead of Bayern.

I think the club greatness list (top10) probably goes something like this IMO (trying to consider full history)

Real
Bayern/Milan
Barca/Liverpool
Juventus/Ajax
Man U/Merda/Benfica
I wouldnt say Liverpool is a bigger club than Juve, maybe if you count international titles, but them not winning their League for 28 years sums them up pretty much imo.

But yes I agree with you about Bayern being just after Real, but Real are clearly ahead of everybody else

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
According to Tuttosport, Emre Can will earn €7m/yr + bonus. He will be in Turin after the CL final to undergo medical tests. Juve doctors already visited him a few weeks ago to evaluate his back problems.

The hell man, the wage figures keep rising :rofl:

Think it must be 7 including bonuses. And that's still huge if true imo.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
According to Tuttosport, Emre Can will earn €7m/yr + bonus. He will be in Turin after the CL final to undergo medical tests. Juve doctors already visited him a few weeks ago to evaluate his back problems.

:ghey: He's a freebie you know, they always get higher wages.

Perfectly normal to have a player like Emre Can as one of your top earners at a Top Club like Juventus.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017

@lgorTudor

- - - Updated - - -

Perfectly normal to have a player like Emre Can as one of your top earners at a Top Club like Juventus.
:tup:

Robee

Jun 21, 2011

7 including which bonuses? That's pure speculation... But I've seen some huge CL bonuses mentioned here and there before. If that's included he can have 20 mil for all I care.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

yes, just remember llorente's wages back then. with 3,5m net, he became our 3rd highest earning player after tevez (4,5) and buffon (4).

also, two years after, we couldn't sell him because of that. :beppe:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
yes, just remember llorente's wages back then. with 3,5m net, he became our 3rd highest earning player after tevez (4,5) and buffon (4).

also, two years after, we couldn't sell him because of that. :beppe:
Get for free and sell with a profit... are you jew or sth?

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Per today's edition of Tuttosport he's expected to sign after the CL final @Hustini
:D

I need to go back and find all the different articles that say the same thing.

You've been around long enough...this might be the new "on/next Monday" theme we like to jokingly say on Tuz.

dyl1dyl

May 9, 2012
Nearly 30 years without being the best in your league is a substantial % of your club's history. We're talking about an era where brand value means everything, even more so than 'historical' achievements. Granted Pool still have a fairly steady brand mainly because of the PL but i doubt they'll ever return to elite level and establish themselves like Man United. They are a very well supported 'mid-range' English club with a great history(ofcourse) in my opinion

- - - Updated - - -

You need to consider everything in these sorta discussions. Fan support, brand, trophies etc. Real Madrid trump Man United easily if you consider all those factors equally.
Oh, okay. Fair enough, if you want to weigh brand, fans, impact, etc more heavily, I think this would be my ranking

Real
Bayern
Barcelona/Milan
Manchester United/Juventus
Liverpool
Ajax
Benfica/Merda

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The article doesn't say Juventus aren't a big club. In fact, Aldo says they're huge. Then he says Liverpool have more CL titles which is true and about all you can say about the matter.

So chill out, no manhood is in question.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
I wouldnt say Liverpool is a bigger club than Juve, maybe if you count international titles, but them not winning their League for 28 years sums them up pretty much imo.

But yes I agree with you about Bayern being just after Real, but Real are clearly ahead of everybody else
Sadly.
And reason why I kinda want Liverpool to win -- the more saturated the trophies the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)