Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I'm sceptical about Can.

I wouldn't mind him if were playing a 3 man mid, I think he'd do good as a similar player to Khedira (so we'd obviously play him next to Marchisio and Pjanic). But I'm not sure I'd consider him for a 2 man midfield. Not when we have Pjanic there. I think we should focus somebody else, like Matic, who'd fit a lot better here IMO.
I dont know where to stand on this one.

Some of our more objective posters dislike Can.
Any forum i ever visit was praising the shit out of him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Any good team knows its good to have your backups and rotational players of the domestic nationality as they are the most proud to be at a club of this level and not complain about their playing time or usage. Like Sturaro.

Can is an ethnic Turk_LOL born in germany, comming from a german team to an EPL team. They signed him because he was supposed to be a first team player that can make difference. Nothing what applied to sturaro, applies to Can.

So yeah, as i said, terrible at comparing.

Not that i'm surprised. According to your fellow 70% of tuz, backups and starters shouldnt exist
What the fuck are you talking about? Did you read the post I was replying to? Akshen said that we can't compare Can to the Rincons and Hernaneses because he's a 23 year old German international. My point was that just because he's a German international who plays for Liverpool (and not necessarily a starter) doesn't mean he's good.

The point you are making about starters and backup players is exactly my point. If we buy Emre Can we'll spend a lot of money on him. We're not buying him as backup and I am not convinced he's good enough to start for us. At the same time he's way to expensive to be back up. I'd rather save the money and keep Rincon/Sturaro as backup.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
I dont know where to stand on this one.

Some of our more objective posters dislike Can.
Any forum i ever visit was praising the shit out of him.
My friend is a Liverpool fan and he told me he's just a decent player and he'd be happy to see him leave.

My biggest concern is our MC/DM position. That's like our WEAK spot and with it fixed -- I think we'd have an amazing team. Seriously. But I don't think a player like Can would fix it, considering we're gonna play 4-2-3-1.

Okay, I'm gonna grab my balls and I'm gonna say it. I think he's really overrated here but a player like SMS would be a perfect fit at this point. When I say overrated I mostly mean his pricetag which drives me nuts.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
My friend is a Liverpool fan and he told me he's just a decent player and he'd be happy to see him leave.

My biggest concern is our MC/DM position. That's like our WEAK spot and with it fixed -- I think we'd have an amazing team. Seriously. But I don't think a player like Can would fix it, considering we're gonna play 4-2-3-1.

Okay, I'm gonna grab my balls and I'm gonna say it. I think he's really overrated here but a player like SMS would be a perfect fit at this point. When I say overrated I mostly mean his pricetag which drives me nuts.
latest rumors where like what, 70-80 mil ?

Insane

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
latest rumors where like what, 70-80 mil ?

Insane
Yep, exactly.

But I think we could sign him for around 60 at the moment. However if we (for example) sell Dybala, I could see us buying both him and Keita. But Lazio would milk the fuck out of us, in that case we'd probably spend around 80 on Sergej.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Yep, exactly.

But I think we could sign him for around 60 at the moment. However if we (for example) sell Dybala, I could see us buying both him and Keita. But Lazio would milk the fuck out of us, in that case we'd probably spend around 80 on Sergej.
We know how to handle this. Pogba and Vidal where sold after we bought their replacements

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Agree with the skeptical posts about Can. The guy is way down at Liverpool's pecker order but will maybe start here? See some Pool fan posts saying don't sell him, so much potential he has for the future. Don't we already have potential here in Bentancur who's younger anyway?

Don't like to waste money but get a bona fide starter that can possibly help win a CL title not one that CAN't. Pool management might be playing this one shrewdly knowing they can get him back shortly when (if) he gets better. Don't buy vote here.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
90 mil well spend. Had little to do with "clubs knowing", and everything to do with "roflmao we are napoli"
I love the guy. He's a brilliant striker.

But I don't like the fact how there's no resale value and how he's gonna be 30 in a couple of months. Also, he's not the type of the player that copes well with the age IMO. He's gonna get A LOT slow in the next 2 years so he's gonna play with his ass turned to the goal, so we'll be stuck with a deadlier Gilardino-type-of-player which is not something to be proud of in the modern football.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
The only real losers are those with this embarrassing defeatist attitude. No matter how many finals this team loses they will never reach the loser status of some of you.
Can pigs fly? Do unicorns exists? Can Trump read? Will Juve ever win a CL final? All share same answer, is the facts of life friend.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
He's a young Khedira really. Great in attack, good in defense. Will run a lot, sacrificing himself for the team. A young player.

Id welcome him any day. Can & Khedira in the same team :nico:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)