Emre Can - CM/DM - Liverpool (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We would we buy another mediocre DM? Don't we have enough of them? A mediocre AMF somewhat acceptable, as Asamoah, Khedira, Sturaro, Bentancour and Lemons cannot offer that offensive option, but a DM, no way!

DarrenLFC

Jul 23, 2017
Hey guys, Liverpool fan here. I've gone to all liverpools home games (I've lived my whole life in Liverpool) since I was 10, so about 20 years. The Italian team I've always had a soft spot for it Juventus, and my Spanish is Barcelona :)

Now, the reason for my being here is to give you guys my two cents on this guy you're linked with as I've watched every minute of every game he has ever played for us. I'll also explain a misconception some of you guys are making about him.

First of all, he is not a starter for us. Far from it. I hate it when he plays. We play a 4-3-3. Can is obviously in the midfield 3. In those three midfield spots our best unquestionably is Coutinho, Lallana and wijnaldum. Closely followed by Henderson. We also might be signing Naby Kieta so he might be falling even further behind into 6th best cm. I don't want him near the team.

Last season he played a lot. That is NOT due to our preference. It was simply injuries that we suffered a lot from. We had injuries a lot in our midfield 3 and attacking 3 that often means Coutinho and Lallana would have to move into the front 3, which left their spots open in the middle 3 for Can to come into. This is the only reason he played so many games.

Last season our best mid and front 6 would have been Coutinho, Mane, Firminho, Henderson Lallana Wijnaldum. When can played, one of those 6 wasn't which was a missive disappointment.

All in all, If I were you I'd hope you's don't get him because he isn't good enough to be first choice for Liverpool, and not good enough to be first choice for Juventus. If we get £31m for him which is rumoured I would be absolutely delighted. Don't get me wrong, he's not awful. He has his good games like everyone. He just isn't fantastic which is what our two clubs aim for.

I hope this helps.

piotrr

Мodеrator
Sep 13, 2011
Hey guys, Liverpool fan here. I've gone to all liverpools home games (I've lived my whole life in Liverpool) since I was 10, so about 20 years. The Italian team I've always had a soft spot for it Juventus, and my Spanish is Barcelona :)

Now, the reason for my being here is to give you guys my two cents on this guy you're linked with as I've watched every minute of every game he has ever played for us. I'll also explain a misconception some of you guys are making about him.

First of all, he is not a starter for us. Far from it. I hate it when he plays. We play a 4-3-3. Can is obviously in the midfield 3. In those three midfield spots our best unquestionably is Coutinho, Lallana and wijnaldum. Closely followed by Henderson. We also might be signing Naby Kieta so he might be falling even further behind into 6th best cm. I don't want him near the team.

Last season he played a lot. That is NOT due to our preference. It was simply injuries that we suffered a lot from. We had injuries a lot in our midfield 3 and attacking 3 that often means Coutinho and Lallana would have to move into the front 3, which left their spots open in the middle 3 for Can to come into. This is the only reason he played so many games.

Last season our best mid and front 6 would have been Coutinho, Mane, Firminho, Henderson Lallana Wijnaldum. When can played, one of those 6 wasn't which was a missive disappointment.

All in all, I'd hope you's don't get him because he isn't good enough to be first choice for Liverpool, and not good enough to be first choice for Juventus. If we get £31m for him which is rumoured I would be absolutely delighted. Don't get me wrong, he's not awful. He has his good games like everyone. He just isn't fantastic which is what our two clubs aim for.

I hope this helps.
Welcome to the forum mate, i think that most posters here have a similar opinion about him. :beer:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thanks for the reply. It should be obvious to everyone who seen him really, he is nothing but a mediocre ulility player. And you aren't a starter just because played lots of minutes, when the reason is Pool has very thin squad and lots of injury issues past season.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
We sure have alot of faith in Marchisio if we buy Can, who shouldnt be anything more than a more physical sub option for Marchisio

Not even sure he'd be ahead of Khedira against non lethal opponents.

- - - Updated - - -

We also are 100% not planning to sell if we quickly take this cheaper (ableit young) option.

'meh'.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
:tup:

People trying to defend a Liverpool reject :andyandbarcelona:

Get real
I think the only way these apologists would snap out of it is if one of the many teams we laugh at here at Tuz beat us to a CL.

You know how any of the top 10 teams see a weakness in their line up, and go out and address it yet we have people thinking up scenarios where we sell stars to buy half a team of Lazio players and a Liverpool player to boot.

We had the 2nd/3rd best team in Europe but we absolutely will not sustain it with this sort of shit. Even if you argue Can is a back up player, our starting XI lacks a world class midfielder next to Pjanic and getting a Sturaro upgrade is not going to help us do anything we can't already do.

May 26, 2016
I think the only way these apologists would snap out of it is if one of the many teams we laugh at here at Tuz beat us to a CL.

You know how any of the top 10 teams see a weakness in their line up, and go out and address it yet we have people thinking up scenarios where we sell stars to buy half a team of Lazio players and a Liverpool player to boot.

We had the 2nd/3rd best team in Europe but we absolutely will not sustain it with this sort of $#@!. Even if you argue Can is a back up player, our starting XI lacks a world class midfielder next to Pjanic and getting a Sturaro upgrade is not going to help us do anything we can't already do.
Completely agree.

They are avoiding The actual facts and sugercoating the issue of lack of Quality by finding cheap scapegoats.

Can is a scapegoat. He wont solve our problems. Just like Rincon, Lemina or Sturaro.

Instead of finding a long term solution, we are papering over The cracks with rejects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)