[Emirates Cup] Arsenal vs Juventus (August 2nd 2008) (3 Viewers)

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Oh I thought hicham was another commentator. I didnt know he was the guy with the show during serie A.
isn't he? I'm not sure if that's his name either :)
but i certainly know that he's the one with the fancy mustache from Maldini and atlobelli's show

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
Well the game was far from great in my opinion. The young arsnal-guys in first half was clearly the better team, no need to deny that. We made A LOT of bad passes, also from people you wouldn't expect (nedved for example). One of the best for us, besides a solid and good Chiellini and also a nearly flawless mellberg was molinaro actually. He ran a lot, was not bad defensively, and even crossed 3 or 4 good balls in. I was a bit disappointed from neddy and also iaquinta, who did clearly not have their best game.
One word to Tiago; i read comments about him having played good and so, but honestly, i think he just failed again. I wanted him to succeed so much, but he just gave it away another time in my opinion. His passing was better as last year but still nowhere near a solid CM. He didn't create spaces, he didn't pass deep. Most of his passes go backwards actually. Hell, he can't even protect a ball (no one expects him to do so, but he MUST do something, either make exact passes to our frontmen or hold the ball). He may have had one of his 'better' games, but it still was not acceptable for someone on a position as important as the CM. He didn't even offer himself very often. It was Sissoko actually, who did the running work for him. In my opinion, Poulsen played better those 10 mins he was in.

Long story short, i think the game was far from good, but an ok performance considering the fact that ranieri tried a lot. (we actually had both camo and marchionni on the pitch at one moment...). And Tiago should be sold really. I'm over it. He may have improved that little tiny bit over last season, but we're still far from that 13-million-CM-wonder.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
Well the game was far from great in my opinion. The young arsnal-guys in first half was clearly the better team, no need to deny that. We made A LOT of bad passes, also from people you wouldn't expect (nedved for example). One of the best for us, besides a solid and good Chiellini and also a nearly flawless mellberg was molinaro actually. He ran a lot, was not bad defensively, and even crossed 3 or 4 good balls in. I was a bit disappointed from neddy and also iaquinta, who did clearly not have their best game.
One word to Tiago; i read comments about him having played good and so, but honestly, i think he just failed again. I wanted him to succeed so much, but he just gave it away another time in my opinion. His passing was better as last year but still nowhere near a solid CM. He didn't create spaces, he didn't pass deep. Most of his passes go backwards actually. Hell, he can't even protect a ball (no one expects him to do so, but he MUST do something, either make exact passes to our frontmen or hold the ball). He may have had one of his 'better' games, but it still was not acceptable for someone on a position as important as the CM. He didn't even offer himself very often. It was Sissoko actually, who did the running work for him. In my opinion, Poulsen played better those 10 mins he was in.

Long story short, i think the game was far from good, but an ok performance considering the fact that ranieri tried a lot. (we actually had both camo and marchionni on the pitch at one moment...). And Tiago should be sold really. I'm over it. He may have improved that little tiny bit over last season, but we're still far from that 13-million-CM-wonder.
:shifty: :crazy:

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
He will be sold. But you watch him flourish again somewhere else. That's the sad part really, lets say he goes to inter and becomes a revelation. I certainly wouldn't be too happy about it. This player has been advertised by the mass media as a flop on so many occasions, that he himself lost the faith in his abilities. And our club didn't really help much. For instance today tiago does OK, plays decently, yet he gets hammered all over the media.

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
I hated myself when he kept saying Hasan got the ball during the first half whenever Marchionni got it. He was like WTF when he saw Hasan preparing to be subbed in at the second half. He was saying in his mind like this: "If this is Hasan, who the hell was that??"
lol :lol: :lol:

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
He will be sold. But you watch him flourish again somewhere else. That's the sad part really, lets say he goes to inter and becomes a revelation. I certainly wouldn't be too happy about it. This player has been advertised by the mass media as a flop on so many occasions, that he himself lost the faith in his abilities. And our club didn't really help much. For instance today tiago does OK, plays decently, yet he gets hammered all over the media.
exactly,whatever he does hell receive crap from everyone unless he scores a hattrick in the next game.thats life

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Yes and he especially hates DP, but aside from his known hatred to Juve he's ignorant and knows shit about football.
I can't remember which game was it, actually they were a few, where he starts by bashing Del Piero and they Del Piero ends up scoring a brace lol..

I think he learnt his lesson well. During today's game he had some nice words about DP.

Dec 26, 2004
For the guys who watched this on Al Jazeera, did anyone else get really annoyed by the ignorance of the commentator(Hisham Al Khalsi)?
He kept on making mistakes, I feel he takes people for granted, he thinks he's the only one who has info about Italian football and keep on inventing stuff like Inter wants Adebayor, Ranieri and DP didn't get along last season, wtf?
You know he is an Inter fan don't you?

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
Why do you guys keep defending Tiago??

-he wasn't ever a WC CM, in his best days he was good
-he wasnt a Juve icon, or someone played here for a long ime
-he's not a Juve youngster, or even Italian
-he's not a young player who needs time to develop
-he's not versatile like Salih
-he cant defend
-he cant dribble
-he cant hold the ball
-his passes are average, nothing sharp
-he was given A LOT OF chances that many players wished they had, like Palla or Almiron
-he didn't play an over-average game with us till now

People keep bashing Molinaro, Palladino and other players, but when it comes to Tiago, "he tries too hard and he didn't adapt to Serie A yet"........ FFS it has been a full year, how much time does he need to adapt???? even Molinaro started to look better

And those who are worried that if we sell him he'll suddenly become a WC player, what about Nocerino, Palladino, Lanza, Belradi and Almiron???? maybe they excel in other teams and kick our ass, so maybe we should not sell anybody just in case

I dont hate Tiago, I just can't understand why some people here keep defending him

You know he is an Inter fan don't you?
They perfectly suit each other

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)