[Emirates Cup] Arsenal vs Juventus (August 2nd 2008) (3 Viewers)

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
it's about performance, and if we didnt perform well, then be satisfied about what? this win means nothing! failed tactics against "weaker" opposition means something!
actually if u look at our defensive performance we are constantly improving, we r trying different systems. we played agaisnt a good team even if the first 45 min was against their "kids" but still its a good test. it was a long time since we test our team against a superior team, and yes Arsenal currently are superior to us. but with an experimental formation we still got good result. am happy for this win even if it was a boring win. they could have feilded their A team and iam still sure that we would have won.

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
We should at least tried to score a real goal

Our defensive performance was good because all the team was defending, and our counter-attacks were slow and incomplete

Apr 15, 2006
actually if u look at our defensive performance we are constantly improving, we r trying different systems. we played agaisnt a good team even if the first 45 min was against their "kids" but still its a good test. it was a long time since we test our team against a superior team, and yes Arsenal currently are superior to us. but with an experimental formation we still got good result. am happy for this win even if it was a boring win. they could have feilded their A team and iam still sure that we would have won.
it worries me that we didnt win by more than a goal, and our only goal was offside. since we didnt concede any, i guess we had a good game!

Mar 3, 2008
For the guys who watched this on Al Jazeera, did anyone else get really annoyed by the ignorance of the commentator(Hisham Al Khalsi)?
He kept on making mistakes, I feel he takes people for granted, he thinks he's the only one who has info about Italian football and keep on inventing stuff like Inter wants Adebayor, Ranieri and DP didn't get along last season, wtf?

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
For the guys who watched this on Al Jazeera, did anyone else get really annoyed by the ignorance of the commentator(Hisham Al Khalsi)?
He kept on making mistakes, I feel he takes people for granted, he thinks he's the only one who has info about Italian football and keep on inventing stuff like Inter wants Adebayor, Ranieri and DP didn't get along last season, wtf?
I hated myself when he kept saying Hasan got the ball during the first half whenever Marchionni got it. He was like WTF when he saw Hasan preparing to be subbed in at the second half. He was saying in his mind like this: "If this is Hasan, who the hell was that??"

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I can only see positive things from our performance today.

1- Defensively we are imporving on every match we play.
2- We made a good balance between attack and defence.
3- We were playing away, which is something everyone should remeber.
4- We played without Del Piero, Camoranesi and Zanetti. Those three are the most creative players we have at the moment.
5- Marcchionni proved himself well today as someone you can rely on whether on rotation or back up.
6- It is also clear that Tiago should leave, even if the only resort would be offloading him to Inter.
7- Momo is just great.

We were more creative in the Trofeo TIM while playing teams like Inter and AC Milan. I think most of it is due to combining Momo with Tiago. Momo is great but not creative, while Tiago is just a waste of space. I know that there are many around here who like Tiago, even if this player was Maradona or something he ain't playing well and he has never played well for us. Its just right to sell him for his and our own good.

The team looked better during the Trofeo TIM, but I still maintain a good feedback from this game as well.

cyril

Let's roll
Jul 6, 2006
I don't think so, Ranieri gave him some time in a last attempt to raise his price and btw he did good defensively.
I couldn't watch the game because my cable guy took off al jazeera plus one at the last minute. Anyways I saw the game against Milan and tiago did also well defensively. I really dont think he plays as bad as people make it look, one bad pass and they blow it out of proportions. I hope he plays tmw just so I could see him in a juve shirt for the last time.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
I hated myself when he kept saying Hasan got the ball during the first half whenever Marchionni got it. He was like WTF when he saw Hasan preparing to be subbed in at the second half. He was saying in his mind like this: "If this is Hasan, who the hell was that??"
Its well known that he hates Juve. He was celebrating Juve's relegation a couple of years ago.

Mar 3, 2008
Yes that was hilarious, and at this point he started calling Grygera Marchionni for some reason

DiDoz

Jun 23, 2007
I hate this guy :( he thinks he knows more than Cesar Maldini and Altobelli as he keeps torturing them (and us) in his show with his mustache and his stupid opinions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)