Emerson to Juventus??? (3 Viewers)

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Emerson to Juventus

Roma have labelled reports that Juventus have agreed to sign Emerson as pure speculation.

The Turin based ‘Tuttosport’ claimed yesterday that the Bianconeri had finalised terms with the capital outfit.

However, Giallorossi sporting director Franco Baldini has rubbished the stories. "Emerson to Juventus? They are just rumours," he said.

It was alleged that the Delle Alpi side had agreed to pay £11m for the former Bayer Leverkusen ace.

Juventus are set to pep up their midfield during the summer transfer window and Emerson is available.

The international only has a year left on his contract at the Stadio Olimpico and he isn’t set to renew it.

Given the fact that he would be a free agent next summer, he will be sold by Roma at the end of this campaign.

However, Juventus are not the only club that are interested in the ace as Real Madrid, Inter and Chelsea are among other keen parties.

(I don't know how to quote so I do it my way:p
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I red this on channel4 and I didnt knew that Juventus is interested in Emerson. Emerson to Juve or not??

Buy on AliExpress.com

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
ok in his prime then. dont think Juve are after him, and as you said he'll probably go to Milan, Real, Chelsea or something, but its okay, we'll get another midfielder

OP

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    If we can't get Emerson I hope we get Fiore, Rosicky or Perrotta. I hope that Juventus buys a sort of playmaker in stead of new talent. New talent is for 2009. Fiore etc is imortant for next season. And please get a new defence!! Did you see Juventus-Lecce yesterday. That Konan or something walks alone trough the hole defence. Shame on you defenders. Get some new guys Moggi!!!

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
    Emerson for free lets get it he is a great player and I think he can replace Davids and even add some vision to our team I rate this guy pretty high so getting him for free would be awesome!
    About Real they will not buy him he is a free transfer and he isn`t consider to be one of the top 5 in the world and you know how Real work...
    Milan it hasn`t been said that they want him but if they do want it will be a problem to win him over Milan cause Milan are now in the prime and not us :( but I believe it will be a 50-50 chance.
    About Chelsea it will be very tough cause they offer loads for any guy his contract in Chelsea could be 3M more than what we are going to offer so if he is greedy I believe he will choose Chelsea otherwise I think it`s Juve vs Milan. I hope we will win this battle cause we do need him a lot more than any other team does!

Mar 14, 2004
    I wrote same thread before......and then people said that Im crazy.

No....It will not happen cuz he is a BIG-name player....and for that kind of players there are no room in Juve(Thank you herr Moggi,bring fukkin Pizzaro and let me greave again)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    he could be good for us,but he isn't exactly the most likely of targets.

it ain't easy to move between two huge rivals and maintain that standard of football.adn i don't see him coming because of the simple fact of him being so good and popular.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Emerson would be a very good buy. He would add a great amount of physical and defensive presence to our midfield, and he's a much better passer than Tacchinardi and Appiah. Our priority this summer is to get two, three or maybe even four defenders, but it's not going to make any sense unless we improve the midfield while we're at it. Emerson should be able to take Davids' role and add some reassurance to our defensive unit.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    he definitely would.his age isn't that big a factor actually,after all we can't just buy 22 year olds-emerson would add alot in terms of tenacity and strength to the midfield,something that tacch lacks.appiah's pretty strong alright,but a little too passive for a DM for my liking.

the really good DMs get a good number of cards,which davids and emerson do.appiah and tacch just aren't as aggresive.

Mar 21, 2004
    dun compare perrotta with appiah.he is one of NT man though there are pirlo,gattusso,tacchi and cristiano zanetti..trap uses perrotta.
    yup..emerson is better than him but for sure he won't come here.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    If Juve gets Emerson, I will be over the moon!

Emerson is absolute class, I hoped Juve would go for him, but never thought they would. To be honest I still don't believe it, but should it be true then it would be great and restore all my faith in Moggi.

While your there Moggi, pick up Walter Samuel as well!!

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
    I wrote same thread before......and then people said that Im crazy.

No....It will not happen cuz he is a BIG-name player....and for that kind of players there are no room in Juve(Thank you herr Moggi,bring fukkin Pizzaro and let me greave again)
    Juve make good players to stars instead of buying them!, pretty ok for me ;)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

Juve make good players to stars instead of buying them!, pretty ok for me
    Not always.

What about Nedved, Buffon, Thuram....they were all big name players.

Yes, making stars is good when it works, I couldn't handle another season of Tacchi and Appiah though....I can't see Appiah being a star next season.

I think after this poor season, they will have to bring in established quality, they cannot afford another season like this and so will buy people they know will be good, not take chances on unknowns.

Sep 14, 2003
    This would be just like Juve, spend vast amounts on midfielders and forwards while our defence rots or is pluged with cheap buys.

It won't happen though, Moggi has always said that he would never buy a player from Roma (That's probably a lie) and Roma would not be short of buyers for him, (Chelsea for example) we'd be the last club they would sell to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)