Emerson to Juventus??? (2 Viewers)

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I'm afraid you're probably right Holdon, I can't see Roma selling us Emerson.

I do think we need to focus just as much on reinforcing the midfield as we do the defence. As Stuart said, there is no point getting new defenders without a new defensive midfielder, and vice versa.

Buy on AliExpress.com

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++

Not always.

What about Nedved, Buffon, Thuram....they were all big name players.

Yes, making stars is good when it works, I couldn't handle another season of Tacchi and Appiah though....I can't see Appiah being a star next season.

I think after this poor season, they will have to bring in established quality, they cannot afford another season like this and so will buy people they know will be good, not take chances on unknowns.
I wouldnt say Nedved, Buffon and Thuram was stars before the came to Juve, of course they was "big name" players but not stars imo.

I dont think that bring in established quality is the simple solution, as you can see our own established quality hasnt been very good either.
And its all lippis fault.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

I wouldnt say Nedved, Buffon and Thuram was stars before the came to Juve, of course they was "big name" players but not stars imo.
Maybe they weren't big stars then, but they were players who were seasoned in Serie A and were proven, worldclass players, which is exactly what Emerson is. They were just as much stars as Emerson is now.

There is no simple solution, but I think in certain positions you need proven quality. We therefore need Emerson in DM. It wouldn't be the end of all our problems but it would be a helluva start!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I wouldn't say no to Emerson, but I can't see him in Black and White! Roma would only sell their stars to foreigner clubs, so this is really just a rumour! What a pitty!

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
Emerson is just too expensive... If we buy him, we can't concentrate enough to change our defence properly... Well, I trust in Moggi, he seems to know his business (not this season though) :(

LEC

Sep 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
Emerson is just too expensive... If we buy him, we can't concentrate enough to change our defence properly... Well, I trust in Moggi, he seems to know his business (not this season though) :(

exactly...lok to the thread "My New Selection"...:D

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++

I said somewhere before.....people like you should be Parma supporters,no offence. Im not keen on being a mediocre team just to build youth players.
I dont think you are the right to tell me which team to support, i have loved Juve all my life, but i also admire Parma in the way they do things. But im not supporting them.

And that is not like being a mediocre team (maybe you call/called Zidane, Del Piero and Davids for "mediocre" players), its like being smart when it comes to economy, and for your knowledge you should know thats the way Juve have always done it, and Juve are one of the most succesfull clubs on this planet!!!.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)