Emerson to Juventus??? (3 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

Exactly right... but they keep playing their "open football" and thus still are recognized as the most "entertaining" League.

From the top of my head I don't recall a single English footballer currently to play in Seria A...
I can think of one: Jay Bothryod for Perugia. Supposedly he is alright, but again I have not seen anything special.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I do hate it when people talk about how boring the Italian league is, and they say the Premier League is so much better. It may be quicker and more entertaining - but any serious footballer to be considered one of the best has to play in Spain or Italy.

Everyone says Henry is the best striker in the world (well, all the EPL commentators and pundits do anyway), he's not until he proves he can do the same in Italy or Spain.

The same with Henrik Larsson, people rave about him - he plays in Scotland for christ's sake. Even Chris Sutton is good in Scotland - that tells you everything.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Monkfish actually even Marco Negri was good in Scotland (top-scorer and golden boot winner if I recall) yet in Italy the best he can be is a reserve in a relegation battling team ;)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Roma: Emerson could join Juve
Friday 14 May, 2004

The Giallorossi are set to let go of Walter Samuel and Emerson next week, but the club confirms the Brazilian might not leave Serie A.

“We will decide their future during Monday’s Board of Directors meeting,” revealed Director of Sport Franco Baldini.

“Emerson will definitely be leaving for purely financial reasons. His contract expires in 2005 and there is the real risk we’d lose him for nothing next season.”

This has been predicted for several weeks, but up until now Roma had always maintained they would not reinforce their Scudetto rivals.

Bids from Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona have been touted in the press, but Baldini told Spanish newspaper ‘Marca’ that his destination could be closer to home.

“Juventus are one of the possible clubs Emerson could join,” affirmed transfer guru Baldini.

If the Brazilian midfielder is now certain to move on, then Walter Samuel is 99 per cent sure to be wearing another jersey next season.

Channel4.com

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

where is maresca, where is camoranesi, where is Gilardino (99% sure that we will get this guy)

and morientes.. hmmm HELL NO!! i dont hate him, and i dont think he sucks, he is very good, BUT i think that he is too old, and i belive that gilardino would do it better then morientes.. Gila already plays in serie a.. remember!!!
Marsca is very much like Emerson. We sucked that year, because our central mid. didn't support our defense. Maresca is defensivly worse than Emerson, and Tacchinardi is very important for our defense. He always served us like a lion and works and runs like a lion.
Gilardino will surley arrive, but its risky to start a season with a 21 or whatever year old young player, so Moggi should at least get 2 defenders. One proven goalgetter and a young gun like Gila. And...Morientes is a great player. Can score at any time, has a very high work-rate and is very reliable.
Camoranesi or Kapo should play on the right wing. It doesn't matter as both would be in my next years team!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Tacchinardi may run like a lion, unfortunately he plays like a donkey.

Emerson would be a direct replacement for Tacchi - there's no need to play them together. Emerson would concentrate on the defence, while Maresca or whoever would work more on the creativity.

Remember Davids and Zidane in the middle? Quality. You don't necessarily need 2 defensive minded midfield players, ever since Zidane left, Juve has lacked creativity because it had Davids and Tacchi who are both defence orientated.

Maresca is certainly no Zidane, but he looks pretty creative and therefore would complement Emerson's defensive qualities. Emerson and Tacchi together would be pointless.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
Tacchinardi may run like a lion, unfortunately he plays like a donkey.

Emerson would be a direct replacement for Tacchi - there's no need to play them together. Emerson would concentrate on the defence, while Maresca or whoever would work more on the creativity.

Remember Davids and Zidane in the middle? Quality. You don't necessarily need 2 defensive minded midfield players, ever since Zidane left, Juve has lacked creativity because it had Davids and Tacchi who are both defence orientated.

Maresca is certainly no Zidane, but he looks pretty creative and therefore would complement Emerson's defensive qualities. Emerson and Tacchi together would be pointless.
Well, Davids and Zidane is a very bad example. Davids played winger and Zidane was the man behind two strikers. Emerson and Maresca would pair in midfield, and I don't think that Emerson makes that much defensive work. At least nit that much like Tacchinardi. We have to solve our defensive problems. Creativity and scoring goals is not our problem. We have to find someone who can support the defense. Emerson isn't that player!

slack

Dec 13, 2002
While Emerson is a dirtbag on the field, he is an upgrade on any of the current lot we have. In fact, his output might even be more significant since he's officially able to get away with murder in playing for one of the biggest club in the league. I'm not a fan of his and if there's one player I'd like from Roma, its Mancini.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
I just wondered if we really need Emerson. I would not like Maresca to sit on the bench and I have a great idea.
What about that line-up?
------------------Buffon----------------------
Bonera------Thuram---Mexes---Zambrotta
----------Maresca-----Tacchinardi---------
Miccoli-------------------------------Nedved
----------Morientes----Del Piero------------

Miccoli is great and together with Maresca he would be able to play on the wing. We hardly saw them playing together, and when they did, they were great. (Olympiakos, first Parma game....)
I was in Italy last summer and saw a Juve game against Napoli, and Miccoli play right wing and Maresca playmaker! They were great. So I wouldn't buy any expensive midfielder, just a proven guy, who could sit on the bench like Bernardi.........

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
I just wondered if we really need Emerson. I would not like Maresca to sit on the bench and I have a great idea.
What about that line-up?

this is good formation, but isn't it too offensive?

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Juve_Kosova ] ++

where is maresca, where is camoranesi, where is Gilardino (99% sure that we will get this guy)

and morientes.. hmmm HELL NO!! i dont hate him, and i dont think he sucks, he is very good, BUT i think that he is too old , and i belive that gilardino would do it better then morientes.. Gila already plays in serie a.. remember!!!
:confused:

I don't know about you, but i don't consider a 26 year old player old.

Morientes has it all, skills on the ball, header, finishing skills very experienced but young at the same time.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
What about that line-up?

Miccoli is great and together with Maresca he would be able to play on the wing. We hardly saw them playing together, and when they did, they were great. (Olympiakos, first Parma game....)
I was in Italy last summer and saw a Juve game against Napoli, and Miccoli play right wing and Maresca playmaker! They were great. So I wouldn't buy any expensive midfielder, just a proven guy, who could sit on the bench like Bernardi.........
I like it.... a lot :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)