Emerson to Juventus??? (7 Viewers)

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
IMO, The low level performance of the regular members of the team affects Legro and appiah.
Considering that they are newcomers, look at the numer of games Lippi used them in the regular team.

Im shure that appiah will improve next season...Legro, i dont know...after looking at him in the last game against lazio, i really dont know....

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Buffon, Bonera, Thuram, Mexes, Zambrotta, Kapo, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved, Del Piero, Morientes.
Where are Tacchi & Appiah? Juve sent Blasi to Parma on loan to get Appiah just one year ago and will not reconsider.
Do you believe that Juve will buy Morientes? RM will not sold him for cheap, thus we don't need him, especially Spaniards were never able to prove themsekves in Italy.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++

Where are Tacchi & Appiah? Juve sent Blasi to Parma on loan to get Appiah just one year ago and will not reconsider.
Do you believe that Juve will buy Morientes? RM will not sold him for cheap, thus we don't need him, especially Spaniards were never able to prove themsekves in Italy.
Hey,Morientes is class.....and we all agreed that classy players can sucseed in any leauge(ok,they cannot in EPL but hell....i dont like EPL anyway :D)

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
That formation looks good to me! Althought I prefer something like this:
----------------Buffon------------------------
Bonera----Thuram---Mexes---Zambrotta
----------Emerson---Tacchinardi---------
Kapo---------------------------------Nedved
----------Morientes---Del Piero-----------

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by barkuss ] ++
Hey,Morientes is class.....and we all agreed that classy players can sucseed in any leauge(ok,they cannot in EPL but hell....i dont like EPL anyway :D)
Classy players can't succeed in EPL? I beg to differ; in fact, I think it's easier for any player to succeed in EPL than in many other leagues

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I agree Graham, when most Italian players hit 30 or 31, and cannot keep up with life in Serie A - they move to England and play for 3 or 4 more seasons.

Zola was nearing the end of his life in Serie A, he moved to Chelsea and was one of the best players in England for the next 2 or 3 years!

Di Canio never really got much of a game in Italy (apart from Napoli) - in England he's one of the most skillful and exciting players going.

I think all this demonstrates how technically superior Serie A is.

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Going back to the formations, why play Emerson and Tacchi in the centre midfield? Emerson can do Tacchi's job with ease, and be much better at it too.

Why not Emerson and Maresca? Maresca would provide some more creativity in the middle, and he can still be quite disciplined and defend when needed. I think that Maresca's strength is that he is creative but can defend as well.

May 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
That formation looks good to me! Althought I prefer something like this:
----------------Buffon------------------------
Bonera----Thuram---Mexes---Zambrotta
----------Emerson---Tacchinardi---------
Kapo---------------------------------Nedved
----------Morientes---Del Piero-----------
where is maresca, where is camoranesi, where is Gilardino (99% sure that we will get this guy)

and morientes.. hmmm HELL NO!! i dont hate him, and i dont think he sucks, he is very good, BUT i think that he is too old, and i belive that gilardino would do it better then morientes.. Gila already plays in serie a.. remember!!!

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Whenever I have seen Gilardino (which admittedly isn't much) - he reminds me of Inzaghi, in that he is a good finisher but doesn't create opportunities for himself through skill. He is there to finish but doesn't contribute too much else. Is that fair and accurate?

If that is the case, why would he be better than Trez? Trez is one of the best finishers in the world, he just doesn't do much else.

I'd prefer a forward who scores, makes his own chances if needed, and who is a constant threat - is this Gilardino?

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Pendir_E65 ] ++

That's what I think. He will retire with Juventus... and then probably accept a management job.
I hope so but im not sure, he has supriseingly said that he admire English PL football, and that he would like to play there sometimes when he was to old for Juve or something, lets hope it is just bullshit.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

I hope so but im not sure, he has supriseingly said that he admire English PL football, and that he would like to play there sometimes when he was to old for Juve or something, lets hope it is just bullshit.
Yeah, I'm surprised he said something like this.

Throughout the years his contract negotiations always went so smoothly... I was getting a feeling that he doesn't want to leave Torino.

Mar 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Graham ] ++

Classy players can't succeed in EPL? I beg to differ; in fact, I think it's easier for any player to succeed in EPL than in many other leagues
Hm....Engaland is a heaven for "lost" players like Bergkamp,Viera,Henry,RVN,(he played like shit when he camed back in PSV after injurie),Mendieta,Pires(he was not lost,just unknown) and old stars like Ravanelli,Viali,Desailly,Dugarry,Doriva and Zola. Veron,Crespo,Mutu,Juninho,....those are most popular names that have joined EPL in their best playing years.....now poeple say they are crap......EPL is crappy football with long balls and all that shyte(exclusion: Arsenal).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
I agree Graham, when most Italian players hit 30 or 31, and cannot keep up with life in Serie A - they move to England and play for 3 or 4 more seasons.

Zola was nearing the end of his life in Serie A, he moved to Chelsea and was one of the best players in England for the next 2 or 3 years!

Di Canio never really got much of a game in Italy (apart from Napoli) - in England he's one of the most skillful and exciting players going.

I think all this demonstrates how technically superior Serie A is.
Exactly. Everyone I know rates the EPL as the best league, and that shows their lack of knowledge in the sport. Even a player like Desailly is still playing regularly for Chelsea, and if he was still with Milan, he would probably have as much trouble as our Montero. And I think the facts above show the reason why only one English team has played in the Champions League Final in the past 17 years; that fact shows the English League is a step below the Serie A and the Spanish League.

venom

Oct 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Dude, we paid like 4.5m for Appiah... I think we're supposed to pay another 2m at the end of this season, but I agree with you, 15m for Emerson isn't too expensive. 6.5 isn't even half of 15, but Appiah isn't half the player Emerson is so..
It was €8M and of which 2M already paid and rest will be paid 2M a year.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++

Exactly. Everyone I know rates the EPL as the best league, and that shows their lack of knowledge in the sport. Even a player like Desailly is still playing regularly for Chelsea, and if he was still with Milan, he would probably have as much trouble as our Montero. And I think the facts above show the reason why only one English team has played in the Champions League Final in the past 17 years; that fact shows the English League is a step below the Serie A and the Spanish League.
Exactly right... but they keep playing their "open football" and thus still are recognized as the most "entertaining" League.

From the top of my head I don't recall a single English footballer currently to play in Seria A...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)