Emergency Move for Possible Lengthy Chiellini Injury? (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If we find out that Chiellini will be out for a lengthy stint on the sidelines, would we actually try to find a quality centerback to cope for the loss? Or will we just trust Mellberg, Legrottaglie and Knezevic?

If Chiellini is out for anything over two months, we're just going to have to break down and buy somebody damn good for a change back there. I have no faith any of the players lining up next to or in place of Chiellini... not even Mellberg. We cannot rely on Legrottaglie either, as without Chiellini, he will be exposed big time at the back.

So we have a major problem on our hands, and this is what happens when you do not address certain weaknesses in the team. Instead, we just signed half-ass freebies that do not improve the squad while not even addressing the left-back situation. Without Giorgio, this defense will be shameful.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Ivanovic please...Poulsen is also a pretty good CB but we need to get another player for the defense PRONTO!

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    When was the last time Poulsen played centerback?

I don't want to take a chance on that. We're in enough shit at the back already; having a fringe defender play in the center is not the sort of chance I want to be taking.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Lengthy injury or not, we simply must find a new CB.
    People predicted that we'll suck bad without Chiellini. But tonight we actually saw that we suck bad without Chiellini.
    We must think long-term and calculate all the risks. Even if Giorgio is back in 2 weeks we must have in mind that we may lose him again.

CB and LB were always problems that needed to be addressed. If we don't then...... i don't even want to think about that.

P.S: And if we really don't have money to buy a world class CB then don't buy anyone. Loan deal for Ivanovic without the rights to buy him at the end of the season could be a very good move.
    We know that Chelsea don't want to sell him and that they are ready to loan him.
    Why not ?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    In a situation like this, we have to go for the best possible replacement and spare no expense. We will see by the decisions form the board how much they really value Juve being competitve or is keeping the cash more important to them. It would so sweet to get Ivanovic now after milan failed to get him. Zapata is just a dream.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    umm he played at CB a lot for Sevilla, and did a good job at that...but we already have too many makeshift situations already, we really can't afford another one, especially at the heard of the defence

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    Thinking about this, i think our board might settle for what we have now.

option1
    molinaro----legro--mellberg--grygera
    option2
    de ceglie---knezevic--zebina--saliham

every position is covered in our management eyes, heck Poulsen is even a extra.

The fact that its 2 weeks from transfer window closing and we seem to settle for the fullbacks we have is already showing what the board thinks.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    This is exactly why we should have bought a quality partner for Chiellini.

But no, no sir. Now we're stuck without Chiellini and without another quality centerback to take some of the slack from the other freebies we signed.

Something such as this was just itching to happen. I'm trying to think, but I don't recall a Juventus defense more mediocre than this one:

Grygera - Mellberg - Legrottaglie - Molinaro

Not in the last three decades have we had such a mediocre starting defense.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    umm he played at CB a lot for Sevilla, and did a good job at that...but we already have too many makeshift situations already, we really can't afford another one, especially at the heard of the defence
    He only played there a few times...

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    P.S: And if we really don't have money to buy a world class CB then don't buy anyone. Loan deal for Ivanovic without the rights to buy him at the end of the season could be a very good move.
    We know that Chelsea don't want to sell him and that they are ready to loan him.
    Why not ?
    Hmm, well, one could argue that it's pointless because we will have to search for the same player once again next summer.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    This is exactly why we should have bought a quality partner for Chiellini.

But no, no sir. Now we're stuck without Chiellini and without another quality centerback to take some of the slack from the other freebies we signed.

Something such as this was just itching to happen. I'm trying to think, but I don't recall a Juventus defense more mediocre than this one:

Grygera - Mellberg - Legrottaglie - Molinaro

Not in the last three decades have we had such a mediocre starting defense.
    its never been that poor. man, we are fucked if we dont get someone.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    Lengthy injury or not, we simply must find a new CB.
    People predicted that we'll suck bad without Chiellini. But tonight we actually saw that we suck bad without Chiellini.
    We must think long-term and calculate all the risks. Even if Giorgio is back in 2 weeks we must have in mind that we may lose him again.

CB and LB were always problems that needed to be addressed. If we don't then...... i don't even want to think about that.

Why not ?
    fuck man I was thinking that day what will happen if Chiellini gets injured, I hated myself for thinking something like that, man he is the most important key player in the squad, simply irreplaceable, any player is replaceable in the current squad, but without him, this will be a circus.

The bad thing is, from now on, any player we will approach, these bastards will double the prize, firstly because we are late and secondly because they know we are desperately need a good CB.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
    hiopefully this will kick the cunts on the boards up the arse and sort it out. we are most likely going to have a tough group and need strength and knezevic and mellberg arent up to it really.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #18
    Who are we going to get at this stage anyway? Just trying to think roaming around Europe, who would be available? Marquez? I'd take him in a heartbeat but Barca probably won't give us a decent deal anyway. Zapata? Udinese probably won't do business this late on and it takes a while to hammer out a deal with them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)