Emanuele Giaccherini (10 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It makes sense, though. Giacch is not getting any younger, and he was Italy's player of the tournament at the Confed Cup. It's natural that he wants more playing time, and he should get it. Just not for Juve.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
No good for him honestly i never liked him, im just sying that for him to demand a starting eleven spot is laughable
You really think Giachherini seems like the player who would 'demand' first team football? I'm pretty sure if we refused the move, he would've still gone out there and done his best like always. It was a fair personal opportunity and a decent one at a much lower level to play with continuity.

Jul 20, 2012
You really think Giachherini seems like the player who would 'demand' first team football? I'm pretty sure if we refused the move, he would've still gone out there and done his best like always. It was a fair personal opportunity and a decent one at a much lower level to play with continuity.
I'm only basing my opinion off of this rumor. But for him to go to Sunderland without Conte refusing to let him go shows that Giacherrini must have wanted more playing time

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm only basing my opinion off of this rumor. But for him to go to Sunderland without Conte refusing to let him go shows that Giacherrini must have wanted more playing time
While it is perfectly acceptable for him to have requested a meeting and understanding of his future on the team, I don't think he could have asked for more playing time, seeing how Conte rotates just about everybody on the team. Sure, the confer cup gave him a perspective and confidence that he could play on the team that goes to the world cup, and that's probably what he's tried to make of this move. Even more than the money, as good as it is. And even if, for the sake of argument, we say he demanded more playing time, I wouldn't hold it against him coz he has served us well, and eventually did what's he felt was best for him and his career. Fair enough.

Nov 17, 2012
I'd love to see Giak come back to Juve if the planets were to align that way, I've really grown to love this guy. I never disliked him, as I like to give everyone a chance to set a good impression, but my view of him has only improved in time, and my affection for the him has thus in turn grown. :)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The version I heard was that Juve received a good offer from Sunderland for Giaccherini.

Juve then went to Giaccherini and told him of the offer and that it was up him whether he wanted to move there (i.e. Juve weren't desperate to accept the offer and forcing him out the door).

Now, it may be that Giaccherini accepted the offer because of the prospect of playing more, but I very much doubt he went to Juve and asked for more playing time at any point.

Nov 17, 2012
The version I heard was that Juve received a good offer from Sunderland for Giaccherini.

Juve then went to Giaccherini and told him of the offer and that it was up him whether he wanted to move there (i.e. Juve weren't desperate to accept the offer and forcing him out the door).

Now, it may be that Giaccherini accepted the offer because of the prospect of playing more, but I very much doubt he went to Juve and asked for more playing time at any point.
:agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)