Eljero Elia (3 Viewers)

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Spain and Germany are ahead any other NT at this point.

The only thing giovinco can compared to elia, is giving a good freekick.

elia is superior in anything else.

what they have in commen, is a wrong attitude.

at least elia proved something tho, giovino bitched while he had proven nothing yet

we hould stop talking about giovino untill he got the phonecall
Vision, pass, intelligence, ball control, technique... really? Seriously, really? And I'm sure I'm forgetting some aspects. You can say he has more pace, explosivity, athleticism and probably some more skills, but that's not everything. Anyway, this is stupid, because they're not even the same type of player.

What's Giovinco's wrong attitude? Being kicked in the ass by his club and still begging for a starter spot when he has quality to have that starter spot? Or is it the NT statements where he states the truth (he's there thanks to Parma)?

Buy on AliExpress.com

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
since i read through all the azzurri vs. netherlands discussion i would like to ask people who blame elias poor seasons on the coach:

what makes you think that elia will get more love from conte than from his former coach ? do you think that he will be given the first eleven spot for free without making many sacrifices on the pitch ? there is no indication that elia will give more of a fuck for the juve shirt than for hamburg, when he did not even want to come here in the first place... i can already see a similar situation like alex vs. palladino when elia plays football like an ego-shooter.

the probability that there will be a bust-up with conte are not very low and it all depends on elia himself. its him who needs to mature mindwise not the others that need to make him feel comfortable. if he really wanted to play for hamburg he just would have to speak to the coach and say he was wrong and he could have played, but i bet that was not even remotely crossing his mind.

perhaps its in the attitude. i was having a training session with a new club yesterday and there was this turkish guy (i think ali was his name) who was pretty good and nice on the pitch too. always telling his team mates to pass the ball to me and stuff. i really thought he was other then the stereotypical turkish players here.

after the training he asked me if i would join his team and it really seemed like he was not like the other ones, but then under the shower i listened to a conversation between ali and an older player of their team where ali said "i will not play against the other team in two weeks. last time i played them i got a 8 week ban". the older guy replied "then you just gotta stay calm next time" and the reply was "i can not stay calm. i am young and i have to be like that". this really says it all. people with that attitude think that they can act like that because they are young or have a certain cultural origin will never get to the top (outside a culture that accepts this behaviour obviously).

i fear its a similar case with elia. it's not like i did not have any bust ups with coaches, but at least after 3 weeks on the by line i was smart enough to apologize to the coach so i could play again. i can imagine that an apology would be a total no-go for some hood boys with all their crap talk about "honour" and "respect". but thats total speculation of course

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Oh boy, I should've just said nothing. Look at all this. And to top it off we get some cool shower-story from virtual. :lol:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Everyone know better than to believe Nick's judgement and rating on his favorite players these days anyway.

It's not like anyone take him seriously. :p

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Italy is miles ahead of where they were last year, but they still have many miles to go before they can seriously compete with the Netherlands and Spain.

They would have a very hard time with netherlands, mainly because of one thing.

Pace. And I'm not talking about straight line pace either, although they would lose to most of the players on the Netherlands if it were a foot race.

I'm talking about coutner attacking pace, especially with players such as Sneijder who is as good as anyone at playing a long ball over the opposition's defense.

And this is coming from one of the biggest Italy supporters here.

Oh, and stop bringing Giovinco into every damn thread.
I'd say Italy is my dark horse for the Euro. I know alot of people think they're shite, but I think this team will surprise a lot of people next year. Sure, they don't have the pace. But the movement of this team is very similar to the one that went to the final in euro 2000 under Zoff. It's also the best defense since 06.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I remember Kapo looking that good for a period of time, i sure hope Elia keeps it up and i hope that he has learned to respect what this jersey means, from this ceremony...

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
we will see next summer
but you guys forget that robben didn't play in any kwalification match for the ec
next summer he will be fit :D
so the dutch nt >> italy nt at the moment
only the italian defense is better
midfield and attack are much better then the italy nt.
Ehhhh, I don't know about that. Italy's defense is NOTHING compared to what it once was. We suffer the same CB problem as Juve being as the Chiellini-Ranocchia partnership doesn't seem to work out too well at times. Balzaretti and Criscito seem to be ok though, but still could be better. If the Dutch defense is worse than that then I don't see how you guys got to the WC final, no offense meant.

Midfield is decent, Prandelli seems to insist on using Thiago Motta, whom I hate because he is a bitch. De Rossi - Pirlo - Aquilani though would be better I think. And then of course he keeps playing Montolivo in the trequartista position which is INFURIATING because of how ineffective it seems to be. I'd love to see Del Piero put in there though :heart:. Maybe it's just because I love Italy, but I'd say you may have SLIGHT supremacy here if anything due to how De Rossi and Pirlo are ballin. :p

Our forwards seem to have little to no finishing skill whatsoever, especially considering the amount of chances at goal we get. The Spain friendly immediately comes to mind (it's a friendly, I know, but still). If there was better finishing it could have easily been 3-0 by halftime. I'm unsure on this one but I think Pazzini is the best finisher we have, goes well with Cassano creating chances from nothing :). Good depth too.

With a few changes I think Italy could perform much better. And yes, as was mentioned before Italy performs better against the bigger teams as opposed to the smaller teams, similar to Juve.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)